main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Colts thread: Here we learn to love the defense

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by NYCitygurl, Nov 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    *bump*

Whoo hoo! Football! I'm going to be cheering hard for Melvin Bullitt this year!

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    is he starting over sanders?

3. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    No, but I'm just going to bet that Sanders gets injured again and he gets to play. He was also on the field with Sanders during some of the preseason stuff so I don't know if they're moving him around or what.

4. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    he's definitely worth having on the field.

be nice if sanders was able to stay healthy though. depth is a good thing.

5. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    The Colts are looking fairly disinterested in today's game. Somebody should tell them that preseason is over and that the games count now.

6. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Well that drive looked impressive until the fumble. :oops:

7. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    you know, not beating the texans would be a really bad way to start the season considering they've pretty well owned them over the last decade. i mean, it's not over, but not looking good at this point.

8. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    They've owned them? Really? Have you watched any of the Texans games over the last decade? The Texans almost beat us every year except maybe last year. Every year for at least the last 5 years this game is a tough one. For some reason the Colts do not wake up and play the Texans and I don't know why. The Colts had a rough preseason and did not look sharp and its continuing into this game. I think they deserve to lose at this point. Then no pressure on anything for the rest of the year and we can just go out and play the game and do what the Colts do.

Also, Bullitt is on the field so I'm not sure what he's playing but I definitely see him out there. Or is Sanders not in?

Edit: And that drive just proves that its there. Gah! Why can't they do this the whole game?

9. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    what i mean by owned is this would be only the second time the texans will have beaten the colts in their entire history. that's pretty well owned, regardless of the score.

as for the preseason, that's kinda what the colts always do during the preseason, so *shrugs* that it's carried over is troubling, but if it lasts beyond this game then i say start worrying. but they're showing flashes so you know, they can put it together. i'm kinda concerned about the run defense at this point.

i don't know, sanders doesn't even have an assisted tackle, so i have no clue.

EDIT

wowza... how're the colts gonna stop chris johnson?

10. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    As usual, Peyton was the only one to show up for the Colts today: 40-57, 433, 3 TD

11. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    just found out bob sanders got hurt again. elbow again. i think he's just too small at this point. real shame considering how much talent he... has/had (considering i have no clue how well he can still play). didn't take long yet again.

12. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    2x Chris Johnson
    2x Maurice Jones-Drew

Not a good div to have bad run defense in.

13. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    not to mention having to deal with arian foster again. if he ends up doing what i think he might, this will be the division with the best combined running backs in it hands down. the colts need to find a better RB sometime soon.

14. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    The fantasy guys were saying that Donald Brown might actually be the better RB for the Colts as the season progresses. So that'll be interesting to watch.

15. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Why? Manning threw all day and they couldn't do much. Just need one good enough to keep the defense honest. I think Addai/Brown can do that.

16. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I believe that would just be ouch... unless the defense improves. Which is entirely possible.

17. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    [face_dancing]

The defense just scored a TD!

18. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    really good game sunday night. freeney and mathis were terrors, and addai and brown actually ran it well. there's a nightmare for everyone else if that keeps up. and the run D was at least respectable, which was nice.

19. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Watched the first part of the game with a Giants fan... that was fun :p

20. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Well, I always love it when a New York team gets obliterated. It's particularly good when it's one of your teams doing it. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.