The Comic Book Character Draft Episode VIII: The Secret Draft *congrats, Loyal!!*

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by EmpireForever, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MandaloreYak Force Ghost

star 5
  2. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Good lord, man! Fine!

Panther, barely.
  3. Hokage_Kalar Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  4. MandaloreYak Force Ghost

star 5
    You dang flopper.

Well, there we go. Thanks to Plan 9 From Outer Space and Rorschach's Wrecking Crew for competing here in the semi-final round. No thanks to me, for getting my fresh panties in a bunch.

Now onto the finals! It's gonna be:

The ABCs vs. Team Ragnarok

And they will battle it out in prison. Vitrumite Prison

Numbers in 24 please. 12 would be preferable.
  5. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
  6. Hokage_Kalar Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  7. MandaloreYak Force Ghost

star 5
    HERE WE GO!!!

In the red corner, all the way from Sesame Street, representing the Liefeld Conference, please welcome, THE ABCs!

And in the blue corner, from Hel, representing the Loeb Conference, here is TEAM RAGNAROK!

And now for the dozen or so in attendance, and the dozen more peeking in randomly, ladies and gentlemen let's get ready to argue!!!

We're going sandwich style, starting at 1 and 8 and working our way down to 4 and 5!

And now at the 1 position, we have Green Lantern Kyle Rayner vs. Bounty Hunter Lobo, who has come PREPARED!

At the 8 position, it is The Master of Martial Arts, The Karate Kid taking on The Goblin Queen, Madelyne Pryor!

Let's get it on!
  8. Hokage_Kalar Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  9. Hokage_Kalar Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I know the matches were just put up yesterday, but does anyone want to vote?
  10. MandaloreYak Force Ghost

star 5
    Fine, yeah. Lobo obviously, that was no problem. I looked through and as I suspected, Karate Kid has mental resistance. But I don't know how much, and he has been mind-controlled before, and apparently recently, for an extended period of time. Maddie is pretty strong in all areas.
  11. Hokage_Kalar Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  12. Hokage_Kalar Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Anyone want to keep this moving. That would be awesome.
  13. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    I would still be torn on the Lobo/Kyle match up, maybe it is just my continuing disrespect of Lobo's prep. Sure he is a brute killer, able to generate a virus to kill his own people. Weapons expert, blah blah blah.

Guess I just have a higher opinion of Kyle and his power ring, which says a lot because I really loath lanterns in general...and as a character Lobo is infinately cooler.

Not that my opinion matters, because I am no judge...but I would probably give it to Kyle by a very small margin.

The other match is clearly a win for Madelyne IMHO.
  14. Hokage_Kalar Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Power rings ftw, just not in this case. Kyle, not even close to the first second or even third best lantern, versus a person with no exploitable weakenss except gas, who has supermanesque speed and strength, great prep... this isn't that close imho. 7-2 lobo.
  15. MandaloreYak Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, you must mean more than just GLs. And I don't know how you tell RLs, since they're pretty much type advantage over green. He's better than everyone in all the other corps, obviously excluding Larfleeze.

But yep, still 3rd best in the GLC.
  16. Hokage_Kalar Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Hal, John Stewart, Guy Gardener... yea, I think Guy is better than Kyle.
  17. Hokage_Kalar Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    On a different note one of my friends at work is a huge comic, jedi, and anime nerd, and I told him about the draft. He's excited, and can't wait for the next one to start. I promise he'll be a contender, and will make the playoffs in his first draft. Serious student of all that is comics.
  18. MandaloreYak Force Ghost

star 5
    ::Sings:: Somethin somethin heard this before...
  19. Hokage_Kalar Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I've never invited anyone to a draft except Buffkin, and even though he's clearly partial to his favorites, he wasn't that bad.
  20. MandaloreYak Force Ghost

star 5
    Naw u invited ur boy from where u were workin. Or maybe Buffkin invited him. I think it was you though. Who knows. Who cares. You both count for each other.
  21. Hokage_Kalar Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    You're clearly delusional... I guess that's what it takes to survive in the ColeRueben house.
  22. MandaloreYak Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, just too long. As it has been all... Has it been a year yet?

Here are the matches. All of them. Judge at will.

1, 8, 7, 2, 3, 6, 5, 4. See how that worked there.

Kyle Rayner vs. Lobo (prep)

Karate Kid vs. Goblin Queen

Firestorm vs. Juggernaut

Black Panther (prepped) vs. Moonstone/Solomon Grundy

Allen the Alien vs. Apocalypse (prepped)

Wonder Woman vs. Atrocitus

Duplikate/Immortal vs. Solomon Forfeit

Majestic (prepped) vs. Shadow King

Vitrumite Prison
  23. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    Kyle Rayner. Lobo (prep) - 6/4

Karate Kid vs. Goblin Queen - 8/2

Firestorm vs. Juggernaut -I just don't see Firestorm getting into a slugging match with Juggs, it's not his style, and Firestorm has some potent offensive options of his own which could take out the brick- 7/3

Black Panther (prepped) vs. Moonstone/Solomon Grundy - Yeesh, not decided...I would be leaning toward the trump though I think.

Allen the Alien vs. Apocalypse (prepped) -Seems fairly easy, Allen may get lucky once or twice though- 8/2

Wonder Woman vs. Atrocitus - I think he would take this, not really sure about it though, but that is more due to me being ignorant about the full capabilities of Atrocitus, still... - 6/4

Duplikate/Immortal vs. Solomon Forfeit -

Majestic (prepped) vs. Shadow King - With prep I don't see Majestic having an issue here.
  24. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Okay... I guess if we're in so big of a rush this close to the end that we'll just trivialize the finals... then, fine. Whatever.

Kyle Rayner vs. Lobo (prep) - To me, whether Kyle is the third, fourth, sixth or tenth best Lantern is absolutely meaningless. That's a shallow and pointless way of judging him here, and whether he's better than Stewart or Gardner or whoever is irrelevant. Because... peak performance? He's better than Lobo, that's for damn sure. Kyle's being completely underestimated here, and Lobo's prep is still next to worthless. It's not easy for him at all, but he gets the job done.

Karate Kid vs. Goblin Queen - Could KK take this? Maybe. But yeah, those mental resistances of his are just a little too suspect for my tastes, and chances are he loses.

Firestorm vs. Juggernaut - Firestorm can sit back and experiment and it shouldn't take him long to cook up a way to more or less permanently incapacitate Juggs.

Black Panther (prepped) vs. Moonstone/Solomon Grundy - Yeah, I need to think about this one for a while longer. With prep, those stones shouldn't prove much trouble for T'Challa. I'm just not sure he'd be able to put Grundy down for the count. Gotta think a bit more.

Allen the Alien vs. Apocalypse (prepped) - Yep. Fat Lips.

Wonder Woman vs. Atrocitus - Maybe I'm underestimating Atrocitus a bit, but now, generally being a good bit more educated on his feats, powers and such, I really don't think so. She can take a lot of what he can dish out, she's much more skilled, her bracelets will be a huge help and her (often forgotten about) lasso is just as potent a tool as Atro's ring. It's a war, that's for sure, but my money is on Diana.

Duplikate/Immortal vs. Solomon Forfeit

Majestic (prepped) vs. Shadow King - Yeah. Majestic.
  25. MandaloreYak Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, I think the finals taking a month would be trivialising, but maybe that's just me.

I still have to think on some of these matches anyway. Wonder Woman, Black Panther and Firestorm to be exact.

Incapacitate Juggernaut... Does locking him in cement like Spidey did count for that? He was trapped for 2 weeks... But then again he was fully conscious and healthy. It's kind of like the middle ground between "throw him into space=NO Win" and "Iceman freeze=Win"

Comments? Comments?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.