main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Comic Book Character Draft ReduX [Ed: That's #10 for those keeping score]

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I never once said he would get tired. i said he was up against someone who is amazing at draining energy. He is far better than anyone on the Avengeds.

Nefaria's stamina has nothing to do with this. His entire body is a sponge for ionic energy, and he is completely dependent on it. Surfer is one of the best energy absorbers in Marvel.

That is a very specific advantage for Surfer, besides him also probably being stronger/more durable/faster as well.

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    stronger and more durable i'd question to be blunt. but again, i don't care enough to bother because i'm pretty well toast no matter what happens.

3. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Nefaria wouldn't touch Surfer, there is literally nothing he could do offensively to the guy. All Surfer would have to do is move faster than light speed (which he is more than capable of) and drain his Nefaria's ionic charge.

Who cares if it takes 3 weeks or an hour? Nefaria can't do squat to stop it.

Also, Surfer already knows how to completely shut down ionic beings. Seeing as Nefaria's powers are described as being almost identical to Wonder Man's......lets see how Surfer deals with Wonder Man.

[​IMG]

4. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Yeah. That was the scan I was looking for.

Honestly don't care either. I know I'd win if it came to teams. But in this case, I think Surfer's more than got it.

5. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Granted, Surfer, like most people who CAN move faster than light, rarely does in a fight.

One of the things I'd mention if it ever played a big deal in one of my matches and I was in a mood to argue, is how many of these scans of OH HE CREATED THIS and SEE WHAT HE DID WITH THAT have absolutely nothing to do with performance in a fight.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Apathy reigns supreme. Except when it comes to expressing apathy.

7. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    What's your point? He can do it, and he has done it. Not that he would need it against Nefaria anyway, that guy doesn't move anywhere close to that speed.

8. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Well, my point is that it's a comic book draft... With comic book characters... Who behave with certain characteristics... And only go outside of them on very specific occasions.

I would turn to rare fight showings... Well, rarely. On a very, very close fight. Otherwise it's not a comic boom CHARACTER draft, it's just a comic book powerset draft.

And then you have Eternity Dr. Strange every fight.

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I assume Dr. Strange is PREPPED every time... :p

10. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    You will bring my head down to the grave in sorrow.

11. Hokage_Kalar

Hokage_Kalar Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2009
    Trimaj if the last draft wasn't the one I lost in the finals, then you are right. But the last draft I was in I had Mongul, in fact it was the first draft he HAD the rings in... iirc

12. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    And again what is your point here? Surfer can do it if needed and we both know that, if the fight is close he would most likely do what he needs to survive and this is also something we both know. Did I suggest somewhere that he would automatically start the fight at faster than light speeds?

Basically all you are saying is that he can do exactly what we both know he can do, but he won't do it unless needed. What a shocking revelation.

And once again, it isn't like he would need to even go to that measure here. Nefaria has a top speed of 5000 mph, light speed is 670,616,629 mph. The difference in top speeds (and again, we both know that Surfer is capable of combat at light speed) is staggering.

I would contest that you didn't pick Dr. Strange/Eternity, you picked Dr. Strange. You would also probably need a specific circumstance that Eternity cares about in order to draw on his power, cause that is kind of the way it works in the comics. Dr. Strange just doesn't tap cosmic entities at will and they just bow down to his authority when he calls.

13. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Meh. I'll get to that if I have to. Which I probably will, even though I shouldn't.

Who the heck measured Nefaria's top speed?

14. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Not sure, odds are it was some off handed comment from something he appeared in so they posted it in his profile.

15. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    that was two drafts ago. i wasn't in that one, i've been in exactly one other of these, and that time i had beringed mongul. and that was last draft.

16. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    I didn't even know there was a draft between this one and the last one I was in... ohhh the humanity!

17. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    you were a judge...

18. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    really?!? I've been drinking a lot in life...

Mikaboshi likes this.
  19. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    ::Sigh:: Now I want free agency so I can drop Allen.

20. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Imagine how I feel about Omni-Man. Oh well, at least he still has the cool stache.

21. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I have no such fortune. Just a weird-looking dude whose color people can't even decide on.

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    If you were prepped, we could tell...

23. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I want him to have camo

24. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Wait, I didn't read a lot of what was going on with Allen et al. Are they stronger or weaker than most bricks?

25. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009