main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Comic Book Character Draft ReduX [Ed: That's #10 for those keeping score]

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Perhaps I am missing something, but what is to stop Surfer from transmuting Majestic? Or negating/draining his power? Surfer's power cosmic let's him do a lot of things that, without prep, Majestic can't anticipate and can't counteract. Majestic's best showings are not the same compared to the things Surfer has done on the fly with the Power Cosmic. Majestic moves a solar system? Surfer restarts one. He rebuilds buildings and machines, he ages planets to death. He creates new bodies for people and transmutes others. Exactly what being has Majestic fought that has the powers that Surfer does? Peak Surfer with the power cosmic should not be so easily underestimated.

Majestic may have no notable weaknesses, but apparently he himself knows how to negate his own powers. Surfer pinpointed Gladiator's confidence weakness in the scan above but has done so with others including Galactus. And even then, the sheer power he packs would allow him to stop Majestic faster than Majestic can stop him.

2. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Well, EF has the goods apparently on how strong Majestic is. I'll yield to his analysis. But I don't think I know of any instances of Surfer "draining" or "weakness-targeting" someone who doesn't have an overt weakness. Most of that other stuff is pretty irrelevant imo to a fight except to show power level, and Majestic's reality warping probably trumps all that. If the strength thing is out the window, and the reality warping is, then Majestic probably does lose. If those are legit then he probably wins.

I don't see a person on your team who can beat my next trump so it really doesn't matter to me... And I like Surfer anyway. Kinda.
    As far as transmuting... I want to say there's a scan of Majestic being transmuted on his respect thread and being fine right after. But I may be confusing it with Hulk. Well, I know Hulk has done it.

Who has Surfer transmuted? Not saying he couldn't because he could, but just wondering the likelihood. Then again Majestic could rewrite his genetics or whatever but it seems like EF is saying that takes some time.

I'd also rather look at Majestic in his universe than DC. Of course he's not gonna be as good in the DCU. He also had a crossover with the XMen, I'd love to see how weak he was there. And since our system is down at work, I'll go look.

Lol. [​IMG]

3. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, I wouldn't look in his own universe much either. He suffers tremendously from auto leveling, which is what happens when you're on a team vastly inferior to you such as the WildC.A.T.S.

But, no, his eye thing doesn't take much time. Like I said he used it in the Eradicator fight.

4. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Does he carry his cut-anything sword on him usually? The guys on this thread seem to act like he does.

Sorry, above scan was apparently a bit misleading. This is after Atom has gotten the advantage in a previous fight.

Forums have Majestic going up against people from Surfer and Thor to hell king Spawn and Despero.

Oh, and apparently the "other reality warpers" who wanted to recreate the universe were 3. So, Majestic gets about 1/4 a universe creation with his reality warping. The other was to "trick" a universe-devourer so that doesn't necessarily mean beat him. Although it could be a great advantage in a fight depending on what he actually did Ultimatetly I have no real knowledge, I'm finding this stuff out as I go.

5. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Majestic is easily on the same level as Atom in that department. I'm not saying he's weaker than your superman, I just don't believe he's vastly stronger.

I'll revisit the sword thing--to my knowledge he does not. I've never seen him just show up with them already on his person without foreknowledge.

6. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    So... I propose that EF make the call, since he's apparently the only one with real knowledge.

Wow. Just started looking at the respect thread Mika posted last page. It is really really good. And shows how quick the chant is and what he can do with it on the 1st page.

7. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Meanwhile,

Here are some of Surfer's respect threads:
    http://www.comicvine.com/silver-surfer/4005-2502/forums/silver-surfer-respect-thread-684061/
    http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t459252.html <- One I keep forgetting. During Annihilation war, Thanos is 'killed' and a very weak surfer has to match his energy output. Scan is there. There's also quite a few feats on Drainage/Power Absorbtion as well as him transmuting someone into a statue. And these are mostly before his 'upgrade' from Galactus.

Things like this:
    http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/sonnendawg/media/Defenders_02_005.jpg.html
    http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Defenders_02_006.jpg

Make me wonder why people think Surfer would lose.

The killermovies Respect thread is 19 pages. Some of his most recent stuff can be found on the last few pages. I see nothing that says Surfer should lose, especially with Majestic unprepared for him.

8. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
  9. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Not that it has anything to do with the fight, but oh gosh, that taking away Cable's powers thing was AWFUL. Cable stands there and takes it. No defense, no nothing. I have the comic. It was horrid. I'm outraged.

10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    This is my argument for X-Man over Despero:

X-Man is better.

11. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    That's not true, take it back.

12. Hokage_Kalar

Hokage_Kalar Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2009
    Despero is way more versatile. Xman may be better at tp/tk. In fact I believe he is, but the holistically I like despero more.

13. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    [​IMG]
    VS
    [​IMG]

FABLETOWN

Nate Grey psionically scanned the area he found himself in, an area that looked to be similar to New York City. Except not.
    Despite the great deal of things Nate had seen in his forays across space and realities, this version of New York City seemed… Unreal. Well, everything except for the hideous, one-eyed being before him, as big, it seemed, as the Hulk. And almost as purple as the anthropomorphic purple dinosaur that he sensed some hundred meters to the right. But, his thoughts, unlike those of said dinosaur, were pure hate. He could feel it, hatred almost as powerful as the pounding headaches he got when in the presence of his alternate version, Cable. But this was no Cable. Even his name spoke of hatred. Hatred, and power. “So your name is Despero,” Nate acknowledged, having searched the creatures mind. “I am-”
    “Nate Grey,” the creature sneered. Nate was taken aback, not having been aware that his own mind had been searched while he was analyzing his foe. “And I’m about to kill you.”
    Suddenly Despero shot forward, faster than Nate could dodge, plunging his hands through his opponents chest. The Kalanorian’s body zoomed straight through Nate, tearing his body apart as it came out the other end. Despero hovered in the air, looking back down at the remains of his foe, which, oddly, continued to hover in mid-air. “What the?”
    As Despero watched, the pieces that once formed Nate Grey pulled themselves back together until Nate, fully reformed and now turned to face Despero once more, stood before him. Might take longer than I thought. The villain sneered. Might get time to enjoy it.
    “That was your shot,” Nate said, the time for talk over. “My turn.”
    Instantly Nate was on the alien, hitting him with telekinetically-backed blows that rocked the villain’s frame. Despero shot backward, falling, but then righted himself as Nate attacked again, this time with less success as Despero caught both his arms and pulled him forward, headbutting Nate in the chest and feeling bone break. Unwilling to stop, Despero repeated the motion, headbutting Nate again and again as blood drained from his foe.
    “Gzzzzzzt!” Despero was driven backward by a concentrated blast of psionic energy emitted from Nate’s forehead. This time the villain was sent to the floor, skidding backward as Nate continued the attack. Like a beam being dragged across the ground, his rocketing form made a long, deep impression in the earth, destroying the front of the apartment he crashed into and through until he finally came to a stop.
    Nate winced a bit as his body reconfigured itself while he dropped down to investigate. Can’t keep doing this forever, he thought, hoping his foe defeated. Hoping, but pretty sure that wasn’t true.
    “Raaargh!” Nate’s suspicions were confirmed as Despero shot outward from the wreckage straight for him. Nate unleashed a second blast, if anything more powerful than his first, and Despero countered with a hissing red beam from his third eye. The two attacks met with a sound like amplified electricity, the very ground underneath them rumbling and cracking as the air hissed with power.
    He’s strong, Nate thought. And his anger makes him stronger. But it’s not at me, it’s…
    “The Justice League!” Despero bellowed, feeling Nate’s foray into his mind once more. “And you’re in the way!” Further enraged, Despero redoubled his attack, blasting his way through Nate’s beam and sending the shaman falling from the air with a bright red crash. “Give them to me!” Despero yelled.
    “You don’t get them just yet,” came the response from the ground where just a moment ago Nate Grey had lay prone. A flash of yellow light blinded Despero for just a second, and when it ended it was too late to dodge another quite physical blow from his undaunted enemy. Despero was felled with one shot, shocked as he made his way to his feet only to be hit again with such force that he flew through several apartment buildings and finally came to rest on the floor of a now-roofless brick house, from whence fled three little pigs. Actually in pain for the first time in the fight, Despero looked up to see Nate Grey come divebombing through in bright yellow psi-armor. Despero managed a quick blast, but it did little to stop Nate from landing and pounding on him once more. “Do I have your attention now?” Nate asked, all the while beating Despero bloody.
    “Yes!” Despero roared, psionically flinging his assailant off him and wiping his nose, body already healing. Nate didn’t go very far though, and immediately came back for more. This time, though, Despero was ready and slashed open a break in Nate’s facial armor, snapping his head to the side and allowing Despero to make another break with his next blow. Nate countered, punching Despero in his eye and making him wince, but the villain instinctively let out a near-aimless blast of power, knocking Nate just out of striking range.
    “You worthless freak of nature!” Despero somewhat ironically accused, still blinking his third eye. “You wanna see my hatred so much, YOU CAN FEEL IT!” Suddenly Nate was flooded with the power of Despero’s rage-filled mind, the sheer magnitude of his wrath like a repeated anvil inside the shaman’s head. “FEEL IT!”
    Nate almost buckled, but then, impossibly, regained his footing. Always, my entire life, I’ve held back, Nate thought as Despero’s single-minded hatred hammered at his mind. Always afraid of what my power might do. Destroying myself. Destroying everyone and everything around me. Awake. Asleep. Every hour of every day. But if there was one person, one thing, that ever, ever deserved to feel what I could do if I ever let myself slip… He let Despero into his thoughts, though the villain could barely sense anything beyond his own concentrated malice, It’s you.
    “Gyaargh!” Suddenly Despero screamed as Nate fully unleashed his psionic energies, focused on the one target who stood before him both in body and in mind. Despero refused to relent, however, redoubling his efforts once more, putting every ounce of rage, every bit of power, into his mental assault. Though the battle was a mental one, still the entire city of Fabletown seemed to distort and discorporate from the power exerted by the two nigh-omnipotent beings. The astral plane itself began to shimmer, fissuring, until finally…
    “Aaaargh!” The sound came from both of them, as the entire astral plane exploded, the backlash like a nuclear warhead in their minds.

So… Powerful… Nate managed to string together, struggling even to form a coherent thought as he looked up, barely conscious, at the sun overhead. It was shimmering, cracked almost, as if the sky itself were broken. Maybe it was just his mind that was broken. But.. I… He couldn’t even sense Despero anymore. But neither could he sense practically anything else at this point. But he could barely see, out of the periphery of his eye, his foe’s fallen, brain-dead form.
    I… Am… Power.

14. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    As per usual, this represents one way the fight could go and doesn't actually purport to have anything to do with judgments.

15. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    I could see that happening... I also think Nate might burn out first... such an epic battle, and a great theater to go along with it!

16. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Despero is more versatile? Even with all of the things Nate can manipulate with his TK? It's more than just strength and shields.

How exactly is Despero more versatile?

17. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Yah. Could've gone either way a number of ways but I had to think objectively and come to a conclusive argument on who should win this. So I went with who would say the cooler line after winning.

Neither of them exactly, um, uses their versatility very well in fights... Granted, neither of them usually has to.

18. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Energy manipulation and Heat Vision are the more versatile. Could despero use that to absorb more power? I honestly have no idea

19. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Well I simply disagree, and if I were his GM I'd be posting all kinds of scans of Nate doing crazy things. But I'm not.

20. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I'd have to reeeeeally care to post the crazy stuff. To me it's really two questions: How much can Despero take before he's beaten (since we can't actually answer that)? And can Shaman Nate give that to him (can't answer that either)? And I guess that's both from the physical and mental side of things. All we know is Shaman Nate can't beat Qabri, but apparently can last a long time and no one is really touching Qabri. I don't think Despero is at all as good as Qabri... But where on the continuum is he? I don't know.

Qabiri*

21. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    But you are a judge... so why not vote your heart?

22. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Look at this, I found a computer.

Despero vs. X-Man
    I like this fight a lot. Mostly because I like seeing Despero lose(and this time it's without some convoluted plot thinger). But this time it's only just, at least. Physically, yes, Despero is stronger. But I think this fight, like the Yak so kindly theatred, will come down to the astral battle. My vote is for X-Man

Zoom vs. Fate (prep)
    Another pretty close one, but the prep is definitely the winner here. Fate can conjure up some reactive auto-shields, or generate an anti-gravity field, or some other such thing. I'm not going to bring up any of Fate's time manipulation, because now I can't find any of his stuff anymore offhand, so I'm going off of memory. But I don't think he can't win. Dr. Fate

Majestic vs. Silver Surfer
    I like Majestic a lot, but I don't think he's winning here. Another fight I'd really like to see. It would be pretty awesome.
    Silver Surfer

Genis Vell (prep) vs. Loki
    This one doesn't really get out of hand. Loki's just not powerful enough for Genis, although I'd like to know why he has the prep. That doesn't give him a huge boost.
    Genis Vell

23. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    The prep isn't for Loki clearly.

24. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I want Nova I want Nova I want Nova KILL NOVA

25. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Cool, I am with EF on a few of these.

First, Fate beats Zoom- only due to prep. Genis Vell blasts Loki into oblivion.

Surfer beats Majestic- more versatile. Strength edge I still maintain going to Majestic, but Surfer can do way more, and do it as well as anyone. And I'm breaking on the first one- I give Despero the win over Nate, but it is painfully close. Awesome theater, Yak.

Whitey, if you'd like to break the tie, good sir.