main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Comic Book Character Draft ReduX [Ed: That's #10 for those keeping score]

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Mar 3, 2013.

1. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Wow. Sorry.

2. Hokage_Kalar

Hokage_Kalar Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2009
    Glad one judge isn't mesmerized by prep... Can't believe this is going to teams...

It's annoying when despero loses to batman... I draft to get heroes their proper respect. Warlock got robbed

Ohh well... At least I'm still going to the finals...

3. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Proper respect. Yes.

4. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    No diss on inty, he has a solid team. Mine I believe is better. You're welcome to vote against them if you disagree.

5. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Since there was a Minch trump in the last match, and we're on the last match, there has to be a forfeit in the 8th. I've already forfeited Genis Vell v Thanos, because honestly.... that ain't going to happen. So we're at teams!

Cohesions: I have it in spades. Total cohesions on the fact that Adam Warlock can soul link the team and talk to them all. He's done it without the soul gem and it's in threads I've posted. After that, everyone knows everyone and will listen to Warlock.
    Strategy: Warlock then Cable. At all levels I have great strategy. Warlock is best strategiest in marvel.
    Power: Yep got that in spades with Spawn, Genis, Quasar, Warlock... they can all drain super well.
    TP: Cable and Comet
    Kicker: Thanos killer with Drax...

Shouldn't be a problem...

6. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Honestly, I'll probably lose in the finals, but my team is beastly. On every level we outclass Inty's team with the super long name:
    Superboy-Prime - shown he can get drained, and literally half my team can do that
    Etrigan - magic isn't on the level of Adam nor Spawn
    Exodus - gets crushed by Comet/Cable
    Thanos - while going toe to toe with Spawn or Genis, Drax punches him in the back
    Ronan - I despise him and I hope my team isolates him and leaves him til the end and pounds him to death
    Doomsday - Mindless brick who when isn't fighting prime, is getting crushed
    X-Man - Serious threat, but between Genis, Comet, Cable, and Domino with her TP piercing neuro scrambler, he shouldn't be a problem
    Firelord - Drained and dropped like SBP
    Arkillo (yellow) - no match for Ion/Kyle... yet alone the other energy drainers
    Violator - mini Etrigan

First of all, just having the tech advantage helps. But then when you add in the 11th man... woman... of Domino, she even shifts probability in our favor. Plus, she can be amped by Adam Warlock which is insanely good. Then with the fact that I have Drax, as soon as Thanos engages, Warlock/Comet/Cable/Quasar can teleport him behind Thanos for the oneshot.

On top of all this, my team can communicate on a level that no one on their team can understand via the soul.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/299/soullink1oe7.jpg/
    Best screen shot I can get without spending a lot of time. This is when he is trying to gather forces without the soul gem described here:
    http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t437609.html

This gives my team a huge advantage for contest communication at a much deeper level, total cooperation, and timing advantages. Once Thanos is out... it's just down hill for the team. Then Spawn is free to engage whoever and just start dropping people. X-man would probably be next. After that, the TP people can drop several others with ease while the rest of the team gets mopped up. I would love for Yak to theater it, but I doubt he would.

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    QFT

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mikaboshi likes this.
  8. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I don't have time to argue my match, so have at it judges. [face_peace]

9. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    I whole heartily disagree. Complaining about calls with no evidence is annoying. But I think it's completely fair when there are arguments behind it. Especially when the thee gm didn't argue, and you build a strong case. Or if you felt your guy was robbed and you want to add more info for the future.

Sad bro. It's actually close and I don't want you losing because of this. Hopefully you can get a little argument in.

10. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Half the time the info is no good, though. Best strategist in Marvel? Where are you even getting that?

Plus, just because Drax killed Thanos and he was built to do that doesn't negate the fact that Thanos wanted it, let it happen, and has, since his death, come back stronger than ever. So.

Just a couple little things like that. Anyway. I'll get the team match up soon but in the meantime it was a ganthet forfeit and Thanos versus Genis-Vell in case anyone actually wants to judge it.

11. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    Thanos then if we need to judge

heels1785 likes this.
  12. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Warlock running groups:
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/102593/2788086-21.jpg
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/102593/2788087-22.jpg
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/102593/2788088-23.jpg
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/102593/2788089-24.jpg

http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/893/surfstrange20wu.jpg

Soul linking with Strange, Thor, Surfer...
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/299/soullink1oe7.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/263/soullink3uy9.jpg/

Without the gem soul linking Surfer
    http://imageshack.us/f/89/soullink4le1.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/f/263/soullink5ei3.jpg/

Years later saying the soul link allows him control of surfer's board, which is an extension of surfer.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/207/board1oq3.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/441/board2ei4.jpg/

Warlock is always leading and making the strategy. Maybe there are "better" strategist, but Warlock has lead the most powerful people in the universe, and has linked his soul to so many different people. The soul linking allowed him to use Surfer's Board as he stated, and linking with Strange first allowed him to use magic. After his most recent cocoon, he is full blown using magic. Now imagine if he soul links with this team. Soul linking with Spawn. Or the firestorm matrix.

Is that enough proof on his leadership?

13. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
  14. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
  15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Agree

16. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    This is an example of two teams where one side has cohesion and the other has a mix of heroes and villians. Just like with Inty, I believe that gives my team a major edge.

Perhaps the biggest thing I have going for me is my team can neutralize Ultron. First, we touched on Doom and Reed and their prep in that match. But we also discussed how Scarlet Witch hurt Ultron where other avengers could not and she did so at least twice. And I have her son and Nico and her staff.

As to Despero. Let Surfer take him I suppose. All that matter manipulation has to be good for something so why not Despero. The rest, I have to look up. But I believe my team has this.

17. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    I want a theater.

18. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    My heart really isn't into arguing at the moment, just have too much stuff to catch up on from my vacation.

Just consider Ultron and Cyborg Superman vs Reed/Doom and Nova. Ultron dominated the Extremis armor of Iron Man in a very short time, Cyborg Superman is actually superior to Ultron in terms of technopathy in my view and between the two of them would take technology out of the picture in this fight.

Consider also that Cyborg Superman can and has very easily transfer his essence to other technologies. He does it all the time, and can't really be killed as long as tech is around. What happens if he jumps into Nova's armor and takes over the worldmind?

Despero is fairly solidly superior to Xavier in terms of telepathy, and could very easily see Despero taking on Xavier and Captain Marvel simultaneously.

Green rings, even on a Guardian, have a charge that can expire....thank you very much Extant. Now Guardians are powerful, but how many of them died at the hands of Atrocitus and generic yellow lanterns recently? Many. They are not unstoppable.

That is all you are going to get out of me on this one guys, have at it. Good luck Minch. [face_peace]

19. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    So going by your whole team now:

Ultron
    Despero
    Extant
    Captain Atom
    Martian Manhunter
    Black Bolt
    Wonder Woman
    Cyborg Superman
    Orion
    Omni-Man

The problem with someone like Ultron is they are weaker to magic. And that's where I have four magic users runnning around. And while Doom is the most experienced, Nico's staff is pretty powerful and Wiccan's reality warping is enough to give the Avengers pause and send the X-Men after him. Something like: "IwantUltronsinsidesturnedtostone" might work. Plus there was that whole metal that Justice found in the savage land that shattered Ultron. Perhaps Nico uses the staff of one or Wiccan wills some to arrive or Doom and Reed do some work or Surfer uses the power cosmic to make some. Additionally, Reed and Doom are the type that would use their technology as bait if they thought it useful.

But most of all, one of Surfer's abilities is to make, control and disassemble machines. So, in my view, that actually makes Cyborg Superman more vulnerable. And as to the suggestion about jumping to Nova, I'd point you to the agonizing discussion we had on the phanlanx where worldmind was able to contain it for weeks or longer and that was after coming back from essentially death. Worldmind at its prime with the power cosmic, magic users etc to back it up? Not so sure I see it happening unless Rich purposefully offers to be the sacrificial lamb. Something I'm sure Doom would support.

The biggest issues with your team is you have poor cohesion. Ultron and Hank, Despero even Extant are all normally solo guys. When they work together, it's not for long and it's not normally with good results. You also throw in you have two heroes in MM and WW and I'm not sure how this team functions as a team. Orion is a hot head. Black Bolt is used to leading.

And while you do have power, you don't have much of that transferable nature like we've discussed with mine. Surfer sharing the PC, Rich sharing the Nova Force, Ganthet and Hal the rings. And you are right about a GL's ring running out. But Ganthet also has his Guardian abilities. And the scans I showed of him taking on the entire mind controlled GL core was with NO ring and residual Guardian powers. That's pretty impressive when you keep in mind he did it one handed and injured AND he was purposely trying not to kill. Imagine if he wanted to kill.

Extant: There's really nothing he can do that Surfer can't do. Surfer can take him out and do it quickly too. I think Surfer is probably the most dangerous player on my team this go around. Of course, if he transferred some of his PC to Doom, then that's two very dangerous players.

Brains: You have Ultron and Hank of course. And MM to a lesser extent. Reed and Doom prepared are just dangerous. Add in Surfer, Ganthet's knowledge, Worldmind's supercomputer and Xavier to share that info and the team remains one of the best in this area.

Magic: I don't think you have any besides Diana unless I'm missing it. And this and cohesion are really what gives my team the edge.

Cosmic: Almost the same here. You have Orion's New Genesis Tech and You have Martian Manhunter and to an extent Ultron and Cyborg Supes. I have Surfer, two GLs and Nova and these four just have more raw power I would argue.

It's a good fight, but I strongly believe my team's superiority in magic, my team's ability to deal with some of your biggest hitters efficiently, and my team's ability to strategize and plan give them the necessary edge to win this battle.

20. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    There are more than a few things wrong with your argument, much of it is about Cyborg Superman. Other than that, don't have anything to say. Wish I had more time on this one, but I don't.....even though I think it will cost me the match.

21. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    :(

22. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I know the feeling.

It's definitely more power vs more cohesion here. I think that even though Inty beat Mikaboshi in teams, Mikaboshi probably stands a better chance vs Minch than Inty did because of the exact people on his team. It actually is why I'm pretty much sure, I mean more sure, Kalar should win his battle. Against a mostly villain team like Mika's, I can see most of Inty's team following Thanos. I think X-Man is going to have SERIOUS problems following Thanos against a near pure hero team like Minch's or Kalar's.

What's the motivation again? I know in one draft it was they all get a wish granted or something. I think Nate, being, well, not just a hero but a pretty strong young idealist world protector hero, would be more than happy if he didn't get his wish but most of the rest of his team didn't get theirs. And that could cause problems if Thanos has to go without his help, or maybe even have him interfering.

Okay you know what, I wanted to show this last night before I was sternly rebuked, but hey, I'm showing it anyway. My thoughts on what will not be mentioned by name.

23. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Minch > inty > mika. Lets just move it on.

24. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Alright, so what's wrong with Minch's assessment of technology in this fight is that he is assuming that it will be any kind of distraction at all. It won't be, that would assume that Ultron and Cyborg Superman would have to actually concentrate on controlling it.....which they really don't have to do.

In regards to Nova and how he dealt with the phalanx virus, well that was a virus....not 2 sentient beings who just so happen to be the best at technopathy in their respective universes. Besides that Nova was the only one capable of resisting the virus and not being turned into a select of the phalanx. Many other powerful heroes were turned into slaves of the phalanx through the virus, which was almost an immediate effect. Ronan, Gamora, Blastaar, Xemnu (who has highly advanced telepathy), and many others.

There really isn't much that would stop the virus once Ultron lets it loose on the battlefield, and would almost immediately put Minch's team in immediate danger of being controlled and used against his own team.

It took a significant portion of the world mind to stalemate the virus, which works independently of Ultron yet is under his control. It is already weaponized, and puts the opposing team at danger while at the same time bolstering my own team because they then become selects of Ultron.

Also, please PLEASE read the respect thread for Cyborg Superman. Without any rings he was more than capable of taking out Eradicator....a guy who has never been considered for this draft due to his power and he did that while Eradicator was trumped with Superman and Supergirl, Hank has also easily defeated trumps that include most of the JL on several occasions. He routinely takes over the worlds technology, as well as the JL's satalite, Steel's armor (which is more advanced than Doom's for sure). Darkseid destroyed Hank's body only after having to use 2 Omega beam direct hits, one wasn't enough.

In the unfortunate but canon DC/Marvel crossover Green Lantern/Silver Surfer: Unholy Alliances, Hank stalemated Silver Surfer and walked away unscathed.

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/citizenbane/blog/cyborg-superman-respect-thread/82737/

Just do me a favor before judging and read up on Cyborg Superman, he is very much a 1st round pick....especially with prep time added. In a fight he would stomp Ultron.

I would also like you to look at one last thing, Cyborg Superman (without rings) vs Ganthet. Hank has no issue draining all of Ganthet's power ring and absorbing it into himself, there was NOTHING Ganthet could do about it. Hal and Ganthet are all but useless here.

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2467538
    http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2467539
    http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2467540

25. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Great succinct argument. Your team is designed for Minchs. Glad you argued. I agree Mika. Sorry Minch, he persuaded me. You have too much tech dependency, and I love the staff of one, but everything you said like turn ultron's inside to stone, could mean to make them harder. His stuff goes crazy in bad ways just as often as good. You can't depend on him. And Mika is a tech stopper.