main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Comic Book Character Draft ReduX [Ed: That's #10 for those keeping score]

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Mar 3, 2013.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Okay, after spending some time on this late last night and this morning, I will go with my gut, which is Genis-Vell (prepped). My initial problem was with the fact that prepping for Dr. Fate is a whole different deal than prepping for anyone else, outside of Zemo and Strange. The feats for Genis-Vell are quite numerous and impressive, starting with the at-worst stalemate with King Thor. My chief concern was his dealing with magic, as, per Comic Vine, one of the limitations of the nega bands, like the quantum bands, is the inability to resist or absorb mystic energies or any sort of similar attack. However, I found no proof that they cannot, at best, dampen the attack, which would allow Vell, one of the most durable and versatile characters in this draft, to carry out one of many strategies through prep, which is assisted greatly by preconception/cosmic awareness, and I could see knocking out, but not killing, Dr. Fate. Similarly to Superboy Prime, the feats are just too much to ignore here. Were Fate prepped, this would be almost too tough to judge.

Thank you Hokage_Kalar and The_Chim for posting. Two judges to go!

Happy Easter to all who celebrate it.

2. Wang Chi

Wang Chi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    This kind of judgment is always lame, but I agree with heels, and for pretty much the exact same reasons (though I would favor Darkseid by himself in that match more heavily...er). That last one was the only one giving me much trouble, but after looking over those Genis scans for the first time in a couple years, I came to the same conclusion. And I love me some Alan Scott, but Extant is just ridiculous. And a stupid character.

Gotta go. I'll post new matches later tonight if heels doesn't get to it first.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Word. Slow Easter around the house, I'll go ahead and press forward so we might can start the new week with a new round, depending on how these break.

Michael Scott's Dunder Mifflin Scranton Meredith Palmer Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run Race for the Cure(5) Vs. Ill Will Hunting(2)
    Blowhard Busters(5) Vs. There Will Be Order (2)
    The Yak's Inferno (3) Vs. Mikaboshi's Heartbreak(4)
    The Green Marvels(4) Vs Mad Men (2) (one double forfeit)

Number...8! Limbo.

Exodus (prepared) vs. Annihilus
    Ion (forfeit) vs. Vulcan (prepared)
    Hulk (WW) vs. Ultron (prepared)
    Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) vs. Darkseid (forfeit)

So, we've got 3/4 matches decided here, but two arguable matches, one in the tightest match. Leaning on both, but have at it, could help you down the road- judgements likely will be up quicker this round for me.

4. Hokage_Kalar

Hokage_Kalar Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2009
    I thought the winner of one of the double forfeits won both? That does effect the last match but that is the rule correct?

Annihilus and ultron, even though the yakkers team theater are the best!

Sorry for the double post, on my iPad, can I delete a post?

5. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
  6. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Yeah Ultron.

7. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Wow the threads are quiet...

8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Agreed. I was waiting to see if there would be any calls for prepped Exodus, but I'm going to just let the other judges flip that one if it comes.

Annihilus and Ultron (prep). WWH can't bust through the armor, and Annihilus is in a different zip code. If either need explanation, let me know.

9. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I'd like some explanation. Why is Annihilus in a different zip code? Did he forget where the battle was? Does he get counted out?

heels1785 likes this.
  10. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    The Negative Zone doesn't have the same zip as earth.

Anyway, didn't Moondragon's tp assault on Annihilus completely put her out? Something along the lines of his mind being too hard to comprehend or some such thing.

11. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i think that was mentioned somewhere in a previous draft.

12. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Yes, it was mentioned when my Annihilus (prep) faced EF's Moondragon in a previous playoff.

I lost.

Still mad.

13. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Annihilus should NEVER lose to moondragon.... period.

14. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Moondragon's name should never be spelled as moon dragon....period. :p

Everyone have a good Easter? We must all be in a food coma based on how slow it is.

Getting excited for Thanos Rising, I think it is out this week. Hope it lives up to expectations.

15. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    wasn't that before the annihilation wave yakkers?

16. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Corrected my numerous errors... I apologize Mika

17. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    You can list then right next to mine. :p

18. Wang Chi

Mar 3, 2013
    Yep, Annihilus and Ultron.

19. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Great, now that that round is over, can we modify our teams?

20. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I think we had discussed this once, don't remember the results of that though. A short 24 hour free agency period would be interesting, but if we do that I would submit that the location of the next rounds fights not be disclosed until after the FA period is over, and also verify that Anti-Moniter is not a valid yellow lantern option.

I don't see changing my team at all.

21. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    It was right after, I believe. Half my argument was based on events from Annihilation. And that's why I picked him lol.

22. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    And people wonder why the Yak burns...

23. Wang Chi

Mar 3, 2013
    Michael Scott's Dunder Mifflin Scranton Meredith Palmer Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run Race for the Cure(5) Vs. Ill Will Hunting(3)
    Blowhard Busters(5) Vs. There Will Be Order (3)
    The Yak's Inferno (3) Vs. Mikaboshi's Heartbreak(5)
    The Green Marvels(5) Vs Mad Men (2) (one double forfeit)

That leaves us with no team battles, which of course was the real reasoning behind some of those votes. ;)

Next round is as follows:

Michael Scott's Dunder Mifflin Scranton Meredith Palmer Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run Race for the Cure (1-0) Vs. Mad Men (0-1)
    Blowhard Busters (1-0) Vs. Ill Will Hunting (0-1)
    The Yak's Inferno (0-1) Vs. There Will Be Order (0-1)
    The Green Marvels (1-0) Vs Mikaboshi's Heartbreak (1-0)

That whole team adjustment thing really should be Fever's call. If he's not able to weigh in by, say, tomorrow morning, I guess I'd say that the default on that would be no (seeing as how that's really not something we've done very often... if ever) and just have you send in your #s. Send them in to both myself and heels please.

Also, a location for this round wasn't specified, so if you had one in mind, Fever, lemme know. If not, I have a few ideas and will reveal the battleground after the #s are in.

24. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Um... I think the battleground is supposed to be before numbers, so we can adjust our lineups accordingly.

25. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I sent in my #s already, but would prefer to know location first. If we add the location I will resubmit my #'s.