main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Comic Book Character Draft ReduX [Ed: That's #10 for those keeping score]

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Mar 3, 2013.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    He's no Lowell the Hammer Stanley, that's for sure.

2. Hokage_Kalar

Hokage_Kalar Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2009
    Dropping Kyle for cable/domino

3. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    then again, these days, who is!? (that was for heels) and you dropped kyle!?! are you drunk!?

4. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
  5. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Well here's my thought on Kyle, captain comet is a great prep as is cable. Drax is the thanos killer and something good to have. Maestro is a solid brick, and firestorm is very versatile. No one else needs explanation. I feel for a power set cable has more to over in teams than Kyle. I may be wrong.

Actually on that note, who needs bricks dropping maestro for Kyle.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Yak, that is awesome.

Without presuming, I think that it may even bump your team up into the "Forget the Bollocks, Here come the Sex Pistols!" range.

Axle-Starweilder likes this.
  7. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Dropping Maestro for Kyle?

Seriously?

8. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah I mean who needs WWH when you can have Maestro anyway?!

So do we still send them there numbers there into EF or judges or both or none or Yak?

9. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    to heels and wang.

10. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Which one is that?

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
  12. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    [​IMG]
    Can I eat them?

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    That's terrifying.

14. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I just wanted to know the location before sending in the numbers.

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Thanks, Minch. Wang chose this one, I believe:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riverdale_(Archie_Comics)

Looks fairly domestic, I guess they'll knock over mailboxes in the street or something.

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Here we go, next round, coming up.

Michael Scott's Dunder Mifflin Scranton Meredith Palmer Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run Race for the Cure Vs. Mad Men
    Ill Will Hunting Vs. Blowhard Busters
    There Will Be Order Vs. The Yak's Inferno
    Mikaboshi's Heartbreak Vs. The Green Marvels

Number..3! Riverdale!

Exodus (prep) vs. Darkseid

CNX vs. Ion

Sentry vs. Dr. Strange

Extant vs. Thor TRUMPED with Silver Surfer

Two that I see that may be worthy of pretty good arguments. Go for it.

17. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    What the hell?

Extant is used to taking on top level opponents, ie. Hourman the Android and Metron. If Extant loses here I won't be hurt, but he should legitimately be able to win or at least hang in there on this fight based on performance. Chronal blasts and entropy blasts are no joke.

Peak level Surfer and Thor is nothing to scoff at though.

Go ahead and judge, I added as much on Extant as I can prior to this and won't have time for this for at least another day or so.

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    The middle two matches were the ones that peaked my interest. We'll give everyone some time.

19. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Exodus (prep) vs. Darkseid
    CNX vs. Ion
    Sentry vs. Dr. Strange
    Extant vs. Thor TRUMPED with Silver Surfer

If strange loses again, I'm sorry, I'll cry. I love Extant, I think he's a beast, but the power cosmic and odin force... hmmm.... too much in my opinion. Darkseid is... well... Darkseid.

Now my match...
    CNX is a beast, high level telepath, great TK, really powerful. But she doesn't come out mind wiping/ mind controlling people. In fact, I haven't seen any fight where she does that out the gate. She really likes to go fist to cuffs with her TK, which will also let Ion know that he should put up his TP shields. Once they are up, Ion has more power than CNX. That being said, if we feel CNX is coming out the gates mind wiping, I have nothing to say.

20. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
  21. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Yes... ^^ is a helpful argument.

22. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Does Strange get to use his powers in this match?

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Only if he calls 459-CASH.

24. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    as a judge i'm beginning to consider new aspects that i never have before. the way is clear to me because my mind and body are as one. uhhmmmm, i think the easiest way to settle the whole "what game are they bringing? right out of the gate/lazer-beams to the face(my personal favorite)" dispute would be with the locations. i have always thought locations added rather little to this contest but it would be a good judge of what sort of attack a given character would be comfortable with. for example, today we're in riverdale and, oh look, there's jugghead! now that might seem to have little bearing on the contest as a whole. but it hit me today that if the battles were occurring within the confines of a residential zone or somewhere people might get hurt, heroic characters would then be more inclined to conduct themselves with a certain reserve, at least at first. while characters that are generally portrayed as villains or despisers of humanity wouldn't give a flying #@&%! then if the contest were held in space or something, heroic characters or defenders of humanity might feel less inclined to hold back and just let fly like a heap of sloppy joes in the school cafeteria. now i am NOT saying that this means heroes will be limited or watered-down in residential zones, not at all. because how many issues of anything have we read where you have the repentant soul, sad-sack flying super dude that sits on his knees with his palms raised to he heavens and says something profound like "what have i done" amidst piles of refuse and charred human skulls.

ultimately i believe however, that in settings with 'innocent bystanders' heroes will hold off for a couple of plays before they start launching the big guns, villains would be less inclined to do so. i guess i already said that, i just think it's neat now that i think there's a reason to use locations. hah! maybe other judges had that stuff figured out already but i guess i just never noticed. that all being said, these are some potentially sweet friggin' matches!

ENGAGE!!

25. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    Comments on that Thor trump?