main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Comic Book Character Draft ReduX [Ed: That's #10 for those keeping score]

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Mar 3, 2013.

1. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    The only thing I hate about those games is that Nightsing can take on someone like Flash. I want a more realistic superhero fighting game where they take te power levels into account.

2. Hokage_Kalar

Hokage_Kalar Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2009
    Well since I've already won and all the others are forfeits I say no contest next round.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Yeah, it gets kind of weird when Catwoman can throw Doomsday or Cyborg around with her whip tied to the throat, but I guess they're just looking for balance.

The destructible environments are outstanding in this game, as well as interactive ones. Nothing like home field advantage for Batman being able to lure Superman into a trap and trigger the Batcomputer to hit him with rockets when fighting in the Batcave. His special move is also summoning the Batmobile to run over his opponent while he flips over it. Supes takes the opponent up into space and then smashes them down.

I'm a fan if you can't tell.

4. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I bought the collector's edition of Injustice and got the dlc season pass thing as well. It's a real fun game. What's interesting is that the main characters are NOT my favorite to play. Superman is good but nothing great in my opinion. Batman can be downright difficult to maneuver sometimes. Flash has some nice moves and his speed is great against the big opponents. Deathstroke is awesome for ranged moves with his guns. But I think Aquaman and that trident of his have become my favorite. Nightwing is also pretty awesome since he can connect is escrima sticks into a staff which gives him more reach.

My least favorite is Wonder Woman. I lost more as her than some of the others for some reason.

I beat the story yesterday. It was pretty good but it screamed Justice Lords from the cartoon. It was nice that they had some great voice acting from the JL trinity though. Lack of Mark Hamill was noticeable. I would have preferred John DiMaggio as replacement Joker.

Now as to the draft. This is where it's all about the numbers. Had those numbers been called slightly differently, we could have had some very different outcomes. Almost makes me regret not going for Mogo. I could have just kept arguing core incineration like Axle's old LAZERS TO THE FACE! argument :p :

[​IMG]

5. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    hey, it was the best i had ;)

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Minch, I agree. I've only played a few times with Aquaman and Green Arrow, but I like them both. Especially liked bashing out the side of Aquaman's glass throne room in Atlantis and drowning Ares when the massive wave came through.

I prefer Bats over Superman and WW, I haven't mastered heat vision yet and only played with WW once. Captain Marvel was also difficult for me to catch on with, I've lost both fights I've tried with him.

I've heard some names out there for the DLC, I guess Lobo is the only one that is confirmed, but I'd hope Manhunter and Fate are part of the 4 (if they don't increase it due to popular demand). Unique powersets for each, wouldn't be the skin of another character such as Atom or Supergirl possibly being just like Superman or Marvel.

7. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    i'd like a kyle rayner option for my green lantern. but yeah, played it on friday for awhile. got sick, and havn't played since. i liked it though and i hear you get a superman skin after you beat it, whatever that means.

8. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I heard Manhunter is on there as a DLC.
    Who the heck decided on Ares?

9. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    All right. Back to full power.

Hey, what's going on with that last double forfeit?

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Awesome!

I think the point would go to WW/Manhunter, as they won by forfeit, if we're doing the double up rule. Ganthet and Marvel went down to Despero.

Had one in the first round as well that we should hammer out, just in case we have tiebreakers at the end.

I think they tried to match up a villain with every big hero. For example you have:

Superman: Doomsday/Luthor
    Batman/Nightwing: Catwoman/Joker/Bane/Harley Quinn
    Wonder Woman: Ares
    Green Lantern: Sinestro
    Green Arrow: Killer Frost
    Marvel: Black Adam
    Cyborg/Raven: Deathstroke

Then you've got Flash, Hawkgirl, and Aquaman as just there. And Grundy.

11. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I'm sorry, Ares is just lame. Like... All of WW's villains. And since when is Frost a Green Arrow villain?

12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Since I made it so.

Or in the case of Killer Frost, I

[​IMG]

13. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    yeah, i thought she was more of a flash villain, but picard sure does look good in that santa hat.

14. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    SHES FIRESTORMS MAIN VILLAIN AUGH

Axle-Starweilder likes this.
  15. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    That was for when two trumps met. Supposing both of those trumps had won the other matches. This isn't right.

16. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Either that, or just discount the match altogether. I think in the first round we just kept the clause "one double forfeit" next to the result.

I'll roll with whatever you decide, I agree that it could pose a problem down the road.

18. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Give us both a loss, or both a win, or call it a draw. What ever, I am still up by one match.

Minch went into this round with 4 trumps, so he knew if he lost a single match that he couldn't win. I beat him in one match, so he shouldn't win or push to teams based on a technicality.

Just give Minch the loss as a penalty for using 4 trumps and making things difficult. :p

19. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I say give them both a loss. Since both area forfeiting.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  20. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    this is why i can't commish. but ooohhh can i ever judge o_O

21. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Meh. I expected that Martian and Wonder Woman trump. That's why I had all that research on Ganthet's mental resistance ready to go. Had our trumps hit like that instead of me hitting Despero, we'd be having a different conversation. :p

Mikaboshi likes this.
  22. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Two losses is easy enough I suppose.

23. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    the new cool ranch taco really isn't that great

24. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Cool ranch has never really impressed me. And who wants a cool taco? However, if they had The Cool taco...

25. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    okay. i'd eat that taco. and firestorm has his own villains?