The Comic Book Draft Episode III: Revenge of the Villains -- Congrats to Shadow_of_Durron!

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by DarthIntegral, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight

star 5
    :eek:

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]
  2. DarthIntegral Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 8
    In all seriousness, I think it really just comes down to the fact that Orion simply is better than PM. He's stronger, arguably as durable. Has better and more attacks, both long and short range, and is, you know, a god and all. I don't know how he'd beat PM, I just know that he would.
  3. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight

star 6
    And that's pretty much exactly how I'd judge it too. ;)
  4. DarthIntegral Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 8
    Which one? Saying he's simply better, or saying he'd poop him out?
  5. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight

star 6
    Uh... the poop one. Or the other one. Whichever.

[image=http://www.bentsynapse.net/insults/images/poop.jpg]
  6. Mikaboshi Jedi Master

star 6
    This is not the discussion I thought I would see when I logged on today. :p
  7. DarthIntegral Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 8
    So here's my question:

If Orion eats the cosmos and poops it out, can Captain Britain still remake it?
  8. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight

star 6
    I surely believe Minch would answer with a resounding "Yes!".

Personally, though, I'd have to know exactly how many undigested peanuts were contained within said Cosmic Poop before I was able to give a definitive answer.
  9. Mikaboshi Jedi Master

star 6
    Don't forget about the corn.
  10. Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight

star 5
    [face_skull] Click for some Poop [face_skull]

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]
  11. DarthIntegral Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 8
    Links I'll never click on for $1000, Alex.

Seriously, who clicks on a link that says "Click for some Poop"????
  12. Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight

star 5
    CLICK :mad:

:p
  13. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight

star 6
    *raises hand*

What? Yeah, so I clicked the link. Wanna fight about it?
  14. EvilYoda Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I dunno about the poop one Inty. He would probably morph into an unstoppable being called Poopstic Man.

[image=http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/bbchet2.jpg]
    "Know what that smell is Orion? Its the smell of victory."
  15. DarthIntegral Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 8
  16. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    QFMe agreeing with him.

Sorry about this guys. It's just been a really hectic week with summer courses starting up and this sudden trip popping up. Finally got a free minute to judge and saw that DI had already said what I would've typed up. So that saves me precious time to get back to work with preperations. See ya'll later.

~*!~-~DOCTOR BEAR~-~!*~
  17. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight

star 6
    Oh goodie. Let's get back to some happy matches for your's truly. This, I command of thee.
  18. Mikaboshi Jedi Master

star 6
    No, no, no! I think we are doing just fine with this new trend of matches that favor the Avenger Society X.
  19. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight

star 6
    I'd hardly call one match a trend. ;)
  20. Mikaboshi Jedi Master

star 6
    I can consider it a trend if I want to, it makes me happy. :p
  21. Yodaminch Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Of course.:p Now if he hate excalibre I dunno[face_thinking]
  22. DarthIntegral Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 8
    Comic Book Draft Championship

Avenger Society X (1) vs. Fight Club (2)

Number three gives us ...

Iron Man vs. Nightwing (forfeit)

Avenger Society X (2) vs. Fight Club (2)

And number seven brings us to ...

Banshee TRUMPED with Cannonball vs. Captain Atom/>/>/>
  23. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight

star 6
    Cap and the trump take a moment to size eachother up, and maybe Banshee gets off a sonic scream first, maybe he doesn't. Maybe Cap gets off the first shot using speed far superior to either member of the trumo. But even if he doesn't, Cap's not-quite-but-close-enough-to-Superman-like durability keeps him alive and through some intense pain, he unleashes a blast strong enough to level a city block (No need to fully let loose here, I'd imagine. ;) ) and Banshee is burnt to a crisp.

Meanwhile, Cannonball is probably unaffected by the blast, beacuse he's damn tough to take out that way and he's already rocketing towards Cap at a hefty pace. Maybe as Cap is shaking off the effects of the sonic attack, Sam can get some nice shots in. But then, once the cobwebs clear, Sam is going to realize that he's woefully out of his league. Cap grabs on to him and just completely sponges up Sam's energy. Sam falls to the ground drained, exhausted and wondering what the hell just happened. Then he looks up to see Cap looming over him.

"My name is Captain Atom. As in A-bomb. As in nuclear fission. As in the end of the world."

And then he massacres Sam with one shot straight down sending him through the street, through the sewers, where Sam eventually strikes oil. At least he comes out of this rich.

This is all assuming that Banshee can get off the first shot. He might not and things could be a whole lot easier for ol' Nate.

Such is my scenario, anyway.
  24. Mikaboshi Jedi Master

star 6
    I don't know about the speed of Captain Atom being all that. Banshee is listed as being able to move at the speed of sound, and here is a scan showing that Captain Atom has to really push himself to outrun a bomb blast....

http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=captainatom198702page127xf.jpg

"he unleashes a blast strong enough to level a city block (No need to fully let loose here, I'd imagine. ) and Banshee is burnt to a crisp. "

Maybe, maybe not. Let me show you a quote from his Marvel bio..."His physiology seemed fully vulnerable to conventional injury when his sonic powers were not engaged.", it is hard to tell what they mean by conventional injury but I would think explosions fit the bill.

Now I could go on defending this trump, and I think they could maybe give Atom a hard time, but really could they ever beat him? Probably not. Atom can absorb energy, and to what degree I saw in his respect thread it could even be argued that he could absorb Cannonballs forcefield if he wanted to. And as for offensive powers Durron posted a conservative scenario, Atom can level a lot more than a city block if he wanted to, easily.

I am not going to go nuts on this one, mainly because I can't find a good reason to believe my trump can beat Atom.

25. DarthIntegral Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 8
    While I don't think the match is as big a blowout as Shurron might make it out to be, I don't see the Trump doing much more than extending the match. Cannonball might do some things that really piss off Captain Atom, but in the end ... this trump is busted.

Winner: Captain Atom
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.