The Comic Book Draft Episode III: Revenge of the Villains -- Congrats to Shadow_of_Durron!

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by DarthIntegral, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodaminch Force Ghost

star 5
    If its anything about breasts...

Probably A New Draft or something parodying A New Hope.
  2. EvilYoda Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm thinking it might be Episode IV: A New Hero because of X-Man.
  3. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I don't suppose there is any way I can get you to reserve me a spot as a GM in the next one, at least for in case you post it tonight. I really want to GM this next draft but I have to go to the IRL race and have no clue when I'll be back to the hotel, and I'm also afraid the GM spots will fill quickly this time. And, I don't want to be left out to dry because I can't get out of going to the race.

~*!~-~DOCTOR BEAR~-~!*~
  4. OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I want a GM reserve as well if at all possible.
  5. EmpireForever Comic Book Draft Winner

Game Winner
    star 8
    Former judges should get a reserve spot in my opinion.
  6. Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    DI said he was waiting for boogie...and boogie probably won't be on till late tonight...
  7. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Judging is a thankless job. I have no problem reserving spots for the judges.
  8. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hey, I thanked you guys. Jeez... :(
  9. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    of course you did ... you won! :p
  10. OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Cool. I got a reserve.

I will be the next winner! Muwahahaha! [face_mischief]
  11. Yodaminch Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey also thought of one other character I don't think we discussed yet. What's up with cable. It seems if you give him prep time, 99% of the time, he wins. And as shadow demonstrated, he doesn't need prep time to be a threat. So perhaps move him up to the power list?
  12. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It seems if you give him prep time, 99% of the time, he wins.

Couldn't the same be said for Doom or Reed?

And as shadow demonstrated, he doesn't need prep time to be a threat.

True, but even he has his limits. I dunno, it's sort of a weird issue with Cable. By all rights, he shouldn't be able to beat some of the characters he beats, (And I mean in actual comics, not just in the draft.) but he does. Either he wins, lasts longer than he should, or even manages to escape with his life when it shouldn't be possible to do so.

He's not unbeatable, though. He's had his share of beatdowns in Comic Land.
  13. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    jesuscable would probably be a power lister. Cable, complete with Techno Virus, is a good upper crust regular list kinda guy. I'd like to point out that he nearly lost, when prepped and trumped, to a prepped non-power list guy in his last match. Sure, he pulled that one out, but it wasn't the blowout it would be for a sure-fire power list guy when prepped and trumped with another very solid character.
  14. Master_Kast7 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    ditto
  15. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Sorry, Master_Kast7 ... reserved spot (and #1 draft pick) to the defending champ, and reserved spots to judges/commishes not judging/commishing again. That's where I stop
  16. MandaloreYak Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey speaking of Cable, what 40th century weapons does he have besides the psimatar? I see all this mention of 40th century stuff, but nothing in detail. Any other documented weapons?
  17. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Adavanced holographic tech, teleportation tech, really high-powered beam rifles, and just a bunch of other fun things like that. A tool for nearly every occasion, really. Not that there aren't 20th century equivalents for just about everything he has, it's just the 40th century stuff is much better.

I could go digging into the ol' collection here and give better examples, but I may not draft Cable. Why give someone else fuel for their fires? ;)
  18. EmpireForever Comic Book Draft Winner

Game Winner
    star 8
    Isn't "jesusCable" pretty much X-man?
  19. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    No, not exactly.

Basically it breaks down like so:

Cable was the son of Cyke and Maddie, born naturally. His powers were off the charts, of course, but later when he was transported into the future, he was infected with the T.O. virus, (long story) which forced him to use a good-sized chunk of abilities to keep it at bay. However, he received incredible training and education from the Askani and is really able to use what he has to great effect.

Stryfe is an exact clone of Cable. Theoretically, he has the same powers that Cable does, only his aren't restrained in any way. Problem with Stryfe is that he has zero training, and his temperament goes a long way in holding him back. He's shown some pretty damn good power, but has never shown anything anywhere near Cable or X-man at their full power, primarily because of his lack of training and discipline.

X-man is not an exact clone of Cable. He was created by Sinister using the absolute best genes from both Cyke and Jean Grey in the AoA universe. Where Cable was born naturally, and as such, received a few flawed genes, (which is normal) and where Stryfe was cloned directly from him, flawed genes and all, X-man has none of that. Genetically, he was superior to both right off the bat. He was a lot like Stryfe in the beggining, with the temper and the childishness and all that, but he really came into his own towards the end of his run. He still lacks the training in comparison to Cable, but he learned a whole lot on the fly and has more time and experience operating at that level of extreme power. And he has more high-end feats than the others.

So no, Jesus Cable wouldn't be the same as Shaman Nate. It would be a edge in raw power and an edge in experience against high-level opponents vs. an edge in training, general battle experience and tactics.

Personally, were that battle ever to happen, (both unprepped) I'd go with Cable. Better training beats raw power any day. But it'd be a damn sweet fight, either way.
  20. OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I just thought of a good idea for the first post.(hope inty reads this beore the newthread is up)

A foreword from the creator! I'll write a short paragraph on awesome fights! On how fans have dreamed up fights since the first characters, culminating in the first crossover submarineer vs human torch! That'd be so awesome.

I rock.

*isn't conceited*
  21. Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:p
  22. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6

OK, but only if you spell "Sub-Mariner" correctly. :p
  23. OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    bah! My spelling has never not sucked.
  24. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    get it up, and when I see a finished product, I'll work it in ... or PM it to me ... your choice
  25. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    Like I am one to talk about spelling, I am a grammer nazi's wet dream.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.