The Comic Book Draft Episode III: Revenge of the Villains -- Congrats to Shadow_of_Durron!

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by DarthIntegral, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah. One in particular still seems to be excessively powerful. I meant to educate a few people on that pick and have a poll on whether or not that one really should be on there... but I forgot. :oops:
  2. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    I think there are only a handful that we can really say "wow" at the power level of ... and that's fine to me, especially in a sixteen-gm draft. Because, *hopefully*, they'll go early, and not get matched with a super-stud of a second round pick.
  3. Yodaminch Chosen One

star 6
    15th eh. Wasn't slave pretty low on the totem poll last time? Meh. methinks even though I am second to dead last, I'll send Integral a list of my picks so I don't have to keep checking here or get flooded with pm's saying your pick again :p
  4. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    minch, i think you and i got flip-flopped as far as draft order goes in this draft.
  5. Lord_BlackAdder Force Ghost

star 5

I wonder if anyone will try to get together a Speedster team.
    I've been looking through the list and there are quite a few characters out there who can reach or even surpass light-speed...

[face_mischief] [face_thinking]
  6. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    I'm hoping to see a few "theme" teams this time. Would make for entertaining arguments in team battles, and fun in drafting. And, it would probably be at least somewhat succesful with the top tier guys removed.
  7. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    One in particular seems excessively powerless to me. I'm assuming we aren't going by current continuity again.
  8. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    At their peak unless otherwise stated in the list, IIRC.

I mean, if we were going by current continuity some would be dead. In which case we could bring in the Marvel Zombies. Though, with how they dealt with a certain herald...they might be too campy powerful to be in the draft. Especially if someone built a team of them.

-~This is no Zaku, Boy. No Zaku!~-
  9. SLAVE2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Integral I meant for you to use the pick I PM'd you, I didn't want people to wait for me.

I'll pick The Silver Surfer, making him the #1 pick of the last two drafts.
  10. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    I was thinking of taking him if he was still around for my pick, damn you SLAVE, you are always getting in my way. [face_frustrated]:p

Sooooo, going hero this time eh?
  11. SLAVE2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Maybe. If there are a couple of really powerful villains I'm looking at that are still around when my turn next comes around I'll throw cohesion out the window and get 'em :p But my next pick isn't for like 30 turns so the power list will have really dried up by then, which is why I went for Surfer, playing it safe for now.
  12. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah I was thinking along the same lines, cohesion is nice but I would rather make picks that keep me out of a team situation if at all possible.
  13. SLAVE2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    A suggestion for the next draft by the way, I know its common practice to have the champion make the first pick in the next draft but perhaps next time the champion could pick their place on the draft order instead :p I just say that because I think theres something of an advantage to being one of the middle picks.

Oh and nice to see Harley Quinn on the list! I get last pick this time, she might make a good candidate :D
  14. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    That makes more sense to me, with larger drafts the #1 pick is not really the best spot to be sitting IMO.
  15. Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    #6 pick....not bad....then #11, i think i'll be alright...
  16. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    Honestly now that I think about it, I don't know if it matters much. It all depends on who the others GMing pick, sometimes nothing goes your way even if you are in a prime picking slot, yet other times I have had a lot of success in bad picking spots.

Its all luck.

The only reason I would want a different spot, is to take the last pick in the first round so I know how many villain vs hero teams there are.
  17. BENSKYWAKER Jedi Master

star 4
    I like being 4th and then 13 because I'm one of the first to pick...Then I get lots of time to think over my next pick...

Tis is all good.
  18. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    Like I said, I wanted to give you the chance to maybe change your mind, or post it yourself. It's the first pick of the draft ... no need to PM and get impatient yet. Set the tone for a relaxed, smooth draft.

I do like the pick of Surfer. Not who I would pick, but he's certainly powerful enough to justify it, and he's got the versatility to be on a villain team or on a hero team.

JMR is on the clock.
  19. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    So... I read over all the first post and skimmed the previous game expecting I had to do something now?but I guess I just wait for my turn, right?

Man, I wish I recognised more of the names on that list. I guess I'll just have to use my greater intellect and instinct [face_batting]
  20. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    Yeah, these draft games are 8 parts waiting game, 2 parts arguing skills, 1 part humor, and 1 part bribes.
  21. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    I never knew people totaled up to 12 parts before.... o_O

I'm also good on the bribes. All of my team members carry extra lamingtons to give to people. Or slap people mushy style with added coconuts if they don't like them.
  22. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    12 is a great number. Sure, it's not prime, or square, or cubic, or even square free. But it's still a good and useful number, with some interesting properties. But, I won't bore you with those details.

Also, this is a general announcement: When PMing me picks, please only include those that are in the draft. Don't go by the draft list from the previous two drafts, because some of them have been removed for being too powerful. So, if you send me a pick and say that you want Galactus, I'm going to assume you mean Aquaman. You have been warned. :p
  23. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Boooo math!

I pick Smush Parker for my team. :)
  24. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
  25. EvilYoda Jedi Knight

star 3
    Is it too late to add Chuck Norris and Vin Diesel?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.