main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Comic Book Draft Episode IV: A New Mutant (Congratulations BartSimpson-SithLord)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by DarthIntegral, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    You think you would have won in teams? I laugh at you. ha ha ha, ha.

No, I dunno who would have won. See you in the Pro Bowl

2. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    yeah i was just looking at the possible roster and i think you will win...you have the better conference

oh well...we will go down fighting [face_skull]

3. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Shi'ar will fall. Krypton forever!

4. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Well u clearly know more about the Annihilation wave than I do, BaSSiL. All I know is what I've read on Wiki, which also proclaims the leadership of Annihilus, which I believe it chalks up to incredible charisma. Anyway I don't see why X-Man would handle Despero so. Des, unlike X-Man, has proven he can knock out a class 100 invulnerable with TK, something X-Man has never showed he can do. He had trouble against Hulk. Of course he wasn't as good then, just sayin there's no real gauge as to exactly how powerful he has become. But his telepathy doesn't seem any better than Despero's, and when you throw in Despero's hypnosis that just completely owns Martian Manhunter (who in my opinion is no X-Man, but it's the closest they've got and Des just.... No, MM isn't even close)... There are no real measurables in either of their powers since neither has been pushed to the limit of them. The only difference, imo, is that Des is already class immeasurable (that should be a new class) in strength and has durability that is also immeasurable. X-Man needs to output energy to psi-armor or shields to do that, and it's still been broken through by one punch from Hulk. But anyway, what I also found was that Beta Ray Bill has been documented leading Avengers, F4 and army of Karnilla (ally of Loki and enemy of Thor and Asgard) into battle together. I really don't see him having a problem leading Sue Richards, who he has apparently led before, Firelord, and Steel to team up with these guys in a situation that threatens them all such as... I dunno, a team of people trying to beat them down. So Des shouldn't have to hypnotize anyone and can prepare better in other ways. And Beta Ray is who I see fighting X-Man, although there are so many different combinations of battle that could happen here it's very tough to just say this guy aligns with that guy. I just think that, especially with both sides prepped, Eventually Despero will end up having people on his side who, shall we say, were not before, Annihilus will have someone's power, and the scales will be tipped generally in my favor.

5. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I'll try to have a judgement up in the next few hours

6. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    What did we have to vote for again. I forgot

7. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005

8. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Beta Ray Bill, Despero, Firelord, Mandarin, Temugin, Annihilus, Steel, Invisible Woman, Magma, Bane vs. X-Man, Estrogen, The Demon, Supergirl, Plastic Man, Captain America, Blink, Geo-Force, Metamorpho, Quicksilver, Shadowcat

Well I don't think either of us expected you 2 to get this far. A lot of luck and skilled argueingY is what did it. Now the question is who deserves to win? I've decided to break it down into the following categories: Power, Cohesion,Leadership and Intangibles.

Power: Yak's Inferno has Bill, Despero, Firelord, and Mandarin as it's most powerful. Akatsuki has X-Man, Etrigan, Supergirl and Blink as it's most powerful.

Bill <= X-Man
    Despero >= Etrigan
    Firelord = Supergirl
    Blink > Mandarin

So basically this is a push. It's hard to say one team is greater then the other on power alone because each brings something to take out the other. Prep time of course also helps.

Cohesion Well, the control rod might help Annihilus take control of a few characters, but villians rarely get along as they tend to have their own agenda. Despero and Mandarin especially will be hard to control. Then you have a mix of heroes like Sue, Bill, Steel and Magma who you are mixing with villians. Not a great cohesive team. A lot of second guessing and disagreements.
    Now Akatsuki on the other hand, has X-Man, Demon,Supergirl, Plastic Man, Captain America, Blink, Geo-Force, Metamorpho, Quicksilver and Shadowcat. The majority of whom have at some point worked in teams before. Some better then others. But nothing here will cause a huge rift. Especially when it comes to leadership.

This one goes to Akatsuki

Leadership: Next to Superman, is there a better leader of Superheroes then Captain America? Possibly. But not too many. Meanwhile, Yak's inferno has several characters who could fight for leadership.

This one goes to Akatsuki

Intangibles

The Yak's Inferno has Bill's hammer, Despero's power, Annihilus's control rod, those rings and Firelord's power. Akatsuki has Blink, Etrigan's magic, X-Man's raw power, Plastic Man and Metamorpho. Blink is a big part of this team. She can take out several of the opposing team and make it easier for Akatsuki to overwhelm the others. X-Man's TK can certainly take care of those rings by removing them from the wielder. And He can also take out Despero. Supergirl, with Blink's help and Etrigan's magic can take out Bill and Annilihus. Metamorpho's abilities can take out some of the lower tie

9. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    X-Man's TK can certainly take care of those rings by removing them from the wielder.

Just so you know, Mandarin can use the rings whether he's wearing them or not.

I'm still thinking about this, but I have to go out now so I'll BBL with my verdict. Unless D1 comes in and decides the match.

10. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Yeah, but once X-Man gets them he has several ways that might destroy them. I say "might" because I don't know the strength of them themselves. TK would be the source of the destruction though. But anything from a localized EMP burst(don't know), crushing them(don't know), or if he can use the time to concentrate enough bending the universe around those ten spots in order to send them to an alt universe. Again, might.

~*!~-~SHUT YOUR EVIL, EVIL PIE-HOLE~-~!*~

11. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Hm. A response from my opponent. I feel obligated to retaliate. Therefore I shall:
    That analysis does not bear responding to.

12. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Well, I did admit that I know next to nothing about the materials and alien tech that comprise the rings, nor do I know how many beings have tried to crush them before. Or even had the opportunity to do something to them. Oh, and our side might be able to study the tech during the 24 hour period. I'll need to re-check the issue, but Jones may have had Mandarin's rings in his "superhuman stash".

13. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Oh no, your analysis wasn't the one that didn't bear responding to. I disagree but it's certainly valid: There's no real precedent either way. The analysis before yours...

14. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    My thinking was X-man removes the rings and Blink does her thing, but there are other scenarios.

15. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Well if even X-Man has to remove rings to watch her do her thing, I may as well keep my money and order pizza.

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

17. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I'm sorry for not breaking this down right now, I feel like hell at the moment and am still on heavy meds. I am going to make this quick, but if reasoning is requested I will be happy to write it up tomorrow when I feel better (hopefully).

I agree with Minch.

18. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    The Inferno have decided that we will not request further explanation for the calll from Despised1. At this time we would like to concede the match and the championship to Akatsuki, and give our congratulations to BaSSil and get ready for the pro bowl. We hope to see you again next "year."

19. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Thanks, Yak. It was a great, and fitting, end to the Championship portion of this game. And by that I mean the two finalists heading into teams where the fight was decided the way all drafts should be. I have nothing but absolute respect for the Inferno and, you, Yak. We may have made jokes about the burning, but you showed us all that power in the face of cohesion can work. And as a former GM of a squad that sort've tried that principle, I can only say thanks for proving people wrong. I hope to see you in the finals again next draft. I look forward to facing you again. [face_peace]

20. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Akatsuki (4) defeats The Yak's Inferno (4) in teams

3rd Place Match

Mister-y Science Theater 3000 (5) deafeats The Legion of Real Doom (3)

Congratulations, BaSSiL. TBM has been contacted to give you your one week colors/icon/title.

Coming soon, post season awards and the All-Star game! Plus, the unveiling of our next commish!

21. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Congrats, BaSSiL! Enjoy that sweet taste of victory... but not too much. That stuff is expensive.

And you know, three of the four championship teams have had Supergirl on them. Rabbit's feet be damned! I'd rather carry her around in my pocket anyday.

22. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Post-Season Awards

User Awards

For the category "funniest judge"...

Third place: yodaminch
    Second place: Despised1

and the winner is ...

DarthIntegral

For the category "best judge" ...

Third place: DarthIntegral
    Second place: MarcusP2

and the winner is ...

Despised1

For the category "funniest arguments" ...

There is no third place. Only two candidates were deemed worth of receiving votes.
    Second place: Drac39

and the winner is ...

Mandalore_Yak

For the category "best arguments" ...

Third place: EmpireForever
    Second place: BartSimpson-SithLord

and the winner is ...

Shadow_of_Durron

For the category "best new GM" ...

There is no third place. Only two candidates were deemed worth of receiving votes.
    Second place: The_Chim

and the winner is ...

Mandalore_Yak

Character Awards

Best Value Selection: Blink and Jakeem Thunder (tie)

Worst Value Selection: Carnage

Most Deserving of Power List: Angela

Shi'ar Conference MVP: Blink

Krypton Conference MVP: Spawn

Overall League MVP: Spawn

[b][hl=blue][color=red] Krypton Conference All-Star Team[/color][/hl][/b]
    [i]GM'ed by [color=brown]EmpireForever[/color][/i]

PL: Spawn
    PL: Onslaught
    PL: Mr. Majestic
    The Darkness TRUMPED with Witchblade
    Iron Man (Prepared)
    Mr. Fantastic (Prepared)
    Angela
    Temugin
    Iceman
    Kyle Rayner
    Annihilus

[hl=green][color=yellow][b] Shi'ar Conference All-Star Team[/b][/color][/hl]
    [i]GMed by [color=red]Darthsuperbatpooh[/color][/i]

PL: Darkseid
    PL: X-Man
    PL: Hal Jordan
    Dr. Polaris TRUMPED with Electro
    Blink (Prepared)
    Dr. Doom (Prepared)
    Stryfe
    Plastic Man
    Cannonball
    Cable
    Moondragon
    [hr]

EF and batpooh, you have 24 hours to get me numbers for the all-star game. Remember, you have teams of twelve, so submit your ten starters keeping in mind you must use the preps on the characters chosen to be prepped and you must use the chosen trump. You may do additional trumps if you so desire.

May the best team win.

23. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Dude... seeing that just made something click in my head. I totally thought that I'd sent in my ballot, but now I remember. No, I totally didn't. I had it all ready to go, had to leave for a couple hours, and then when I came back my computer had been reset. I just didn't even think about it after that. Totally lame.

24. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Way to go Majestic(I did not vote for him).

And third place for best argument. I'm a bronze magnet.

EDIT: Who'd you vote for, Durron?

25. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    COngrats BaSSiL. You are lucky Yak messed up the cosmos and knocked Durron out. ;) Good work and good team, now enjoy that prize.
    W00t banner change, and I got a second (out of two!) for best n00b, I finished what, like fourth in my conference? Not bad for a rookie n00b. And Onslaught got a mention too, good I'm glad.

Yeah Durron, most likely you voted for everyone that won knowing your extreme prowess and knowledge of...things.

I am excited for the unveiling of the new commish *cough*boyiwonderwhoitwillbe*cough* and this all star match. Inty, that All star voting and match between conferences idea continues to impress me, good choice. =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.