main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Comic Book Draft Episode IV: A New Mutant (Congratulations BartSimpson-SithLord)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by DarthIntegral, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Well the all-star teams are remarkably similar to what I was going to send in. I think there were a couple differences, but I can't remember what they were now. And I had Blink as the overall MVP in place of Spawn.

2. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Yeah I had Blink too. Though she sas more valuable to her team than Spawn

3. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Oh and congrats to Yak too. I am proud of being in his conference. :D
    Then again I am proud of being with EF and Durron too. But that is only to steal Yak's thunder. ;) But good job man, you sure surprised me.

I think it is kinda crappy to have Spawn be both Conference and Overall champ, so I voted for someone else (most likely on Durron's team anyway) for the Conference Champ.

4. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    #'s sent...man i wish i could bench the trump...that's 2 guaranteed losses right there :oops:

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Krypton Conference All-Star Team (0) vs. Shi'ar Conference All-Star Team (0)

Start the all-star game with number 1

[b][hl=blue][color=red]Iron Man (Prepared)[/color][/hl][/b] vs. [hl=green][color=yellow][b]Blink (Prepared)[/b][/color][/hl]

6. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    To sum up this match:

Come on. Come ooooooooooon.

7. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Yeah Blink IS good. But I think Tony prepared can find a way to disable her and take her out.

Winner: Iron Man

8. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Thanks all for the congrats.

Man, Blink, you just had to land on Iron-Man? Guess her good fortune couldn't hold out forever. I don't know, I'll let Batpooh argue for my girl. But I know attacking directly and trying to pick his armor apart won't work.

Oh, and I'll take this time to officially announce my team name for next draft. I already know how I'm going to do this. Take it as I've had her as my "unoffical" team-owner pretty much this whole draft. So I figure it to be only right that I allow her to take over officially next time. I'm just the GM, she's the owner.

And this is how it went down...

She showed up to the draft everyday with a peculiar attitude. She's not interested in normal superheroes. She's only interested in characters that age at a progression, act like normal teenagers, don't come back from the dead, or have strange animal powers that seem useless but are actually powerful enough to best Thanos. But none of this was found.

She told me about how she joined every draft at least for one day, but all of them bored her. So she decided to create her own team. Of course, she needed someone to actually do the picking for her. And that's when it hit her, and she hit me. She'd have me be the GM of her team. And then she told me the name.

The "Save the Draft by Overloading it with Fun, Suzumiya Haruhi's Brigade". Please, for the sake of my sanity, just call us the S.O.S.-Brigade.

PS. She would've called it a team, but since she isn't doing the menial work, just claiming it for herself, she decided to go in another direction.
    [image=http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/6753/1154043124227fh4.gif]

And our logo. Had to work on this, weird things kept happening when I tried to host it to imageshack...
    [image=http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/9840/sosfinalou2.gif]

~*!~-~SHUT YOUR EVIL, EVIL PIE-HOLE~-~!*~

9. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    You are insane. You know that, right?

10. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I'm crazy for having God as my team owner? I don't think so.[face_not_talking]

~*!~-~SHUT YOUR EVIL, EVIL PIE-HOLE~-~!*~

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Guess I'm late to the party, but congrats to Bassil, you had one helluva team. Congrats also to my friend Yak, you made one helluva run.

Look forward to re-joining all of you for the next go round. [face_peace]

12. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Well dang now I'm nearly out of people I like to pick. Two drafts, two times being the runner-up. It's time to break down that barrier. And perhaps get an icon. But don't get your hopes up. Anyway I think I will stay away from Despero and some of my team members to see where they end up being picked. But one man I will not stay away from is a man who signifies what The Inferno is all about. And a man who apparently hates religion: HOLOCAUST

13. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Iron Man would beat Blink for sure.

14. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    glad to see my man Hal make the all-star squad.

15. Dom_Perignon

Dom_Perignon Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Yar, I'm late but congrats to Bart and Yak. It was a good match.

And I'm a new GM but no one voted or me? :_| I can't complain, though, I forgot to send in my votes. [face_worried]

16. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    yo BaSSiL congrats...you beat me twice...you had the better team...throw out the #'s cause you went head to head with me twice and still win...i tip my hat to you [face_peace]

17. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Krypton Conference All-Star Team (1) vs. Shi'ar Conference All-Star Team (0)

Number three ... probably the first nail in Shi'ar's coffin ...

[b][hl=blue][color=red]The Darkness TRUMPED with Witchblade[/color][/hl][/b] vs. [hl=green][color=yellow][b]Dr. Polaris TRUMPED with Electro[/b][/color][/hl]

18. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    Congrats Bart. inty, when do we start the next game?

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    That's not up to me. That's up to the new commish. But, as I understand, it'll be after the all-star game and after a little bit of inter-draft discussion.

The new commish can feel free to reveal themself anytime they want to ...

20. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Themself, huh? I know! The new commish is...
    VENOM!

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    from a certain point of view, yes

22. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    This isn't even close

Winner: Trump

23. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    I can't figure out if that's a joke or...

24. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
  25. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Not to attempt to influence the judgment, but dang Polaris gets NO love

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.