main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Comic Book Draft Episode IV: A New Mutant (Congratulations BartSimpson-SithLord)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by DarthIntegral, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    The incarnation of Blink we had needs to move up. She's way too powerful with prep time. And she's still formidable as a powerlister without it.

In addition, Jakeem Thunder was a bit hard to judge. Perhaps some clarification on this character and what he can and can't do before we start would be best. Otherwise, he should be removed.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I would like to see Jakeem Thunder removed, per the Scarlet Witch rule.

I would also like to see Marvel Boy be specified as being Noh-Varr, only.

3. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I am leaning toward agreeing with both of the above statements, especially in regards to Jakeem. He was hard to figure out in a way similar to Scarlet Witch, I think we got the hang of him toward the middle of the draft but in the start it was difficult to make fair judgements on him.

EDIT: Or what DI said. :p

4. -Ace-

-Ace- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2002
    Angela - She seems way to powerful for the regular list, promote her
    Annihilus - I say we do classic Annihilus and keep him where he's at
    Blink - I don't know what to do with her, but she's to powerful to be on the regular list
    Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner) - Kyle, like John, needs to be on the PL
    Green Lantern (John Stewart)
    Jakeem Thunder - Jakeem and his wishing is to much of a plot device, drop him
    Marvel Boy - This character has to much potential power for not having any evidence of feats
    Plastic Man - I hate invulnerable Plastic Man
    Sasquatch/Solomon Grundy/Thunderbird - Guys who can hang with the Hulk/Superman need to be on the PL

Champion of the Universe - Champ is a chump with no feats for his current powers
    Hourman, the Android - I hate all-mighty Hourman

5. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    How's about adding some more cosmics, like Nova or somethin? Pre Annihilation, of course.

6. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    ::Agrees with Ace on invulnerable Plastic Man and almighty Hourman::

In regards to Annihilus I don't thing his powers have changed any on Annihilation, I just think the control rod was vastly underestimated because its full powers weren't listed. I mean, he can be beat but the rod can apparently drain power, at least of the cosmic variety. In my view anyone who causes too much discussion/controversy should probably be taken out, ala Jakeem Thunder.

Sasquatch on the PL? Why?

The thing about Plastic Man is that the force needed to hurt him is completely undefined.

I think Kilowog should move to the PL too. Unless anyone is like an authority on GLs, there's no real way to show exact power. But with that weapon a skilled GL should be a powerlister. But it depends on the judges. Would hate to see him be on the PL but not be worth anything.

Barely class 100s like She-Hulk and Champion shouldn't be on the PL. THey have no other powers to protect them and are way too vulnerable

7. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Plastic Man should stay on the regular list IMO, cold makes him easily defeatable, and any prepared character or someone with icy breath can take him out with that.

Champion and She Hulk would make for decent regular listers probably, but I would hesitate to remove them without finding replacements to keep the PL around the same size.

Sasquatch? I think he is a good character to keep on the regular list, if She Hulk and Champion isn't PL worthy than Sasquatch sure isn't.

As for GL's, personally I wouldn't mind bumping Kyle up to PL status, but John and Kilowog should probably stay on the regular list.

Annihilus is definately upgraded in Annihilation, he absorbed the cosmic power of Terrax IIRC. So now in addition to what he used to be, he is all beefed up by absorbing the Herald, plus on top of that he killed of Quasar and is now in possession of the Quantum bands. So yeah, current Annihilus is way to powerful to even be on the PL. I am still leaning towards only using classic Annihilus.

As for Nova, I am not familiar with him really. I don't know where he would land on this list, anyone have thoughts on him?

Any other ideas for additions?

Maybe Pitt, he has fought Hulk before and is right around that level in power.

Air-Walker could be another addition, he is a mid-tier Herald.

8. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    MOLLY HAYES!

XAVIN!

NICO MINORU!

CHASE STEIN!!! Okay, just joking on that one...but the others I'm so totally not.

Definite Reg listers though.

~*!~-~SHUT YOUR EVIL, EVIL PIE-HOLE~-~!*~

9. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Those would be decent additions I think.

Maybe Paibok the Power Skrull, he would maybe be lower tier PL or upper tier RL.

10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    If you want to demote She Hulk from the power list, I'd support Iceman to replace her on it. He's got a ton of durability, good mental resistance, and more than adequate power to take out a good number of folks.

I would disagree with Blink going to the power list. She's great with prep, but without it, I don't think she's got near the experience nor the precision to be effective. Angela, however, should be a power lister without question.

I'm not a big fan of promoting any more GLs to the Power List (I think Hal Jordan and Alan Scott are literally leagues above anyone else, including Rayner and Kilowog), but if anyone should get bumped up, it's Kyle Rayner. Leave John Stewart and Kilowog on the regular list.

Plastic Man was the only other one who got a vote for upping to the power list. I don't favor this, as he makes a top-tier regular list pick.

So, I'd say move Professor X, She Hulk, Champion down, and promote Iceman, Angela, and Kyle Rayner.

but that's just my opinion

11. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Oh, I almost forgot:

Victor Mancha and Karolina Dean.

Another two definite reg listers, but a Karonlina/Xavin trump might be decent enough. And Victor is one of Ultron's spawn. And he nifty powers.

12. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    hey guys my internet connection has been jacked up today and yesterday (posting from work)...but i'm sorry if i dissappered...but if we start a new draft soon...keep me in mind cause i do want to play and i don't know if i will be up and running in the next 24...thanks all

13. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    They both seem alright to me.

Any other suggestions? I am kind of expecting Durron to have some ideas, he usually has a few characters worth mentioning. I am thinking of giving this another day, then post the revised list here to make sure it looks good, if it does we can start the new draft.

14. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I support BLink on the PL, her powers are good enough without prep. And my boy who collects GL comics says John Stewart is better than Rayner. I don't know, but it sounds like here Rayner is considered better. I don't see any gauge, myself. Why is one better than the other, or better than Kilowog? Seems like they just are more different styles than one better than the other to me, from what little I know.

Edit: Always thought about Iceman on the PL but I dunno... In that recent X-Men he wasn't all that at all.

15. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    What makes a GL different from another GL is the level of imagination and will power, mainly will power though. I would have a hard time believing that John is better than Kyle, everything I have seen of the GL's puts John in the lower half of GL's for this draft.

I am confused about Iceman as well, I don't see him as that great mainly due to his lack of control. Sure he is technically considered an Omega class mutant, but until he learns how to control his power I don't know if he would deserve to be on the PL IMO.

16. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    I'm actually with Inty on all of the subjects. Blink isn't good enough without prep to be bumped up to the PL. Angela, Kyle and Iceman all need to be bumped up. She-Hulk and Champion can be knocked down.

Also I think we should use the current Annihilus and bump him up.

17. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    How does Molly not suck for this draft? And Xavin is basically Super-Skrull, what's the point?

What about the Hulkling or Wiccan?

EDIT: Major Force may not be a bad addition to the PL.

18. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Just a (stupid) question, why are there no Gen-X characters in the Draft? Like Emplate, Skin, M, Synch, Mondo...etc? Is it too non cannonical or whateverthehell? *is lazy and doesn't feel like researching*

What about Post, Onslaught's herald guy? He wasn't in too many issues but I still think he would be a decent RL addition. I will think of some more tomorrow and try and post some before class at 11:15, if I can.

19. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I have no idea who those characters are Chim, my concern would be how to judge them. If the judges know who they are then sure it wouldn't be bad, but I would be concerned about the amount of info we have on them.

Master_Kast7, you really want current Annihilus? Quantum Bands and all? I think he is way to much for the list, either regular or PL. Classic Annihilus would be ok, with prep time he would be good, but the current version would blow most characters out of the water, up to and including Silver Surfer.

Xavin is similar to Super Skrull, except the fact that Xavin can only use 1 power at a time where as SS can use all 4 at the same time. That is a big difference really.

20. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    That makes it even less of a reason to add him. I'm not saying don't, I'm just saying it seems pointless.

21. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Not really. If I understand the character correctly she is a hero instead of a villain, plus she would probably fit on the RL instead of the PL.

I am leaning towards adding her to be honest.

PS-Nice sig, I just watched Korgoth for the first time tonight and it was great.

22. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Because adding Molly would infuse hats and cuteness. And you can't argue with powerful cuteness.

Speaking of Young Avengers, how about Speed? Hawkeye II?

And I was thinking of adding Xavin as being a RL alternative to SS. Like, you want SS, but don't want to use a PL on him. But it may be too early for Xavin to be in this draft. So far all she's shown is a propensity for getting knocked out of a fight early.

23. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Sounds like a great alternative to Carnage.:p

24. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    Put Vermin on the list, damn it!

25. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    PS-Nice sig, I just watched Korgoth for the first time tonight and it was great.

Yeah, same here. Nothing like mindless violence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.