main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Comic Book Draft Episode V: Excelsior! (Winner: BartSimpson-SithLord... aww what a champion)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Mikaboshi, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    sugested additions

Atomic Skull
    Giganta
    Hercules
    Isis
    Mary Marvel
    Molecule Man
    Osiris
    Quasar
    Titania
    Volcana (there's a DC version and a marvel one too...the marvel one is more powerful)
    Wasp

2. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    He's probably PL-worthy, but there's so little of him to find... I say just get him off, period.

3. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Ummm ew?

4. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    is where i say...

"your mom is ewww"

???

:p

5. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Good one. I was just referring to 'just get him off, period.'. I guess that is something your mom would need to get on. OH SNAP.

6. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    [image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/Superbatpoohman/oh_snap.gif]

7. Jedi_Master_Ryokono

Jedi_Master_Ryokono Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    [face_laugh]

well, on the topic of locations: I'm in a movie/tv draft via Myspace at the moment, and having locations really mixes things up. I'm sure it makes actual scheduling a little more monotonous, but it really adds a sense of realism to the matches.

if it was comic characters though, you'd want to limit the number of environments. ie there are a lot of people who can survive in space, and even more who can't... you get Silver Surfer vs Robin in space and it's just painful.

idk. I really think environments would be a cool idea. :)

8. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah this whole idea is cool. Just as long as we don't include anything too crazy like the bottom of the ocean, or the surface of the sun then I think it would work really well. I usually just think of the area around the fight being kind of neutral, or like Super Smash Bro. Melee for you video gamers. But I think making it random would be another really cool aspect, adding another dimension to the fights. Though I could see some people being kind of upset if they lose the match on account of the place the battle takes place in. Though with generic settings, like someone had mentioned, it shouldn't come up too much. Just as long as we keep them somewhat realistic, comic book realistic.

9. NightHunter319

NightHunter319 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Suggestions for adding:

Cloak
    Dagger
    Sebastian Shaw (is a side villian from X-Men)

10. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I think Post would be cool to add too. He is Onslaught's herald. Finding stuff on him is hard though because there really isn't a ton of stuff on him. But he is a cool character nonetheless.

I had some others from last time I forget if they were added but I don't think they were. I'll rummage around a little and see if I can turn any more names up.

11. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    On the matter of Environments.

Could prepping someone affect the environment to suit there needs.

For example you could choose out of the list of RG environments. And select the environment when you prep a character.

This will help certain characters greatly, a major one coming to mind is Magneto.

12. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Namor and Aquaman would probably benefit there too.

13. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    Even minor ones can greatly Benefit. Poison Ivy in a jungle is awesomesauce.

14. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    PI is underrated. I thought about gettin her before I saw Gorgon.

15. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Therefore if we do decide to implement environments we will need to come up with a variety of different ones, that suit all kind of terrain.

Also another area where it would help other characters would be if they were prepped and they knew their oppenent was strong with magnetics, they would say, choose the jungle to fight. Therefore playing to there opponents weaknesses.

EDIT: However it would be slightly more difficult to implement as the GM would have to say as "environment: opponents weakness" or something when sending in numbers.

And then have to PM the commish again, when they know the opponent that the prepper is fighting.

Either that, or the commish selects an environment that plays to the opponents weakness.

16. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    So if both people are prepped it is just a toss up of where it is?
    This is getting pretty in depth now.

17. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I was actually thinking of doing Inty's suggestion and having eight environs. When I post matchups for the next round, I also post the randomly selected environ. I'm thinking I might stretch it to fourteen environments and each conference would get their own set.

18. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

Mar 13, 2004
    I think it should always be a toss up. It'll be luck of the draw, just like matches. If Magneto hits collossus and/or Wolverine, its awesome, then again his odds of getting great draws aren't great either. I say a random enviroment is drawn eacvh round, from a set list of places. That way luck and arguments are the deciding factor. just like now.

19. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    So you don't like the 'plot device' idea BEN? :p

20. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I think keeping it simple and having every slate of games for a round for everyone (or at least for a conference) is going to be better for the Commish and the judges. And I can speak from experience on both roles.

The reason I propose 7 (or 14) locations is so that they can all be used exactly once. You know that one round, Aquaman will get placed on the beach. Guaranteed. Big advantage for him. But the other six rounds, he won't.

It adds another level of strategy (finding guys who can really benefit from being in a particular spot), can add value to other guys (can you grab a guy in the tenth who is only really good in one location? I bet you can), and doesn't add too much work to the commish.

21. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

Mar 13, 2004
    :rolleyes: :p

We should start coming up with a list. But should we limit it to biome's, or buildings as well? I was thinking something like the X-Mansion, Baxter Building, Asteroid M, etc. Or we could go with broader things like cities(Manhattan, Gotham, etc.) or we could just use Desert, tundra, jungle, volcano, Island etc.

EDIT: add Arcade and put Murderworld on the list!

22. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Maybe the eighth was for team battles?

23. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I think a combination of generic locations such as beach, desert, tundra, plus a few specific buildings such as X-Mansion, Baxter Building, and a couple of specific cities, such as Gotham would probably be the best. Better to not back us into a corner and say we can only go from one category, IMO.

24. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

Mar 13, 2004
    New question: Generic jungle, or savage land?

25. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I like my idea better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.