main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Comic Book Draft Episode V: Excelsior! (Winner: BartSimpson-SithLord... aww what a champion)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Mikaboshi, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I can see the point in removing Jack, with the 2 feats shown of him so far he completely sucks. If we knew something about him it would be different, but the only things I ever found I posted in here and neither of them showed him in a good light.

Personally I don't really like removing characters, especially if they are not being removed because they are too powerful. Someone may want one of them some day, and it is nice to have the variety. Also every draft has seen someone new get picked, if we start removing a bunch of people we may never have a chance to get to know what they can do.

That is just my take on it though.

2. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I don't know that he should be cut. I don't think he should be PL material but cut all together? I don't know on that one. Why would it matter if he is on the RL? That's something I never get, I could understand cutting someone utterly worthless like Toad, because no one would draft him seriously. But what's the harm in letting him on the RL list? Why is anyone cut from that list?

3. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    So am I to believe that Stephen Strange is so much more powerful than Spawn and Silver Surfer that he cannot be added to the list?

Speaking of, I'm totally adding Doctor Orheus to the Animated draft next time.

[image=http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/1/1f/DrByronOrpheus.JPG]

Oh, and I didn't mean you didn't make the Playoffs, Chim. I just meant that at least it wasn't like that every game.

4. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Okay, I'm going to be working on my own ideas for fourteen locations, and we'll be going with seven per conference. Each will be posted when numbers are given, and playoffs and championship will revert to some generic EA Sports arena or something.

Now, onto the characters that have been brought up, and some I'm adding to the list.

Add to RL?
    Black Knight
    Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)
    Atomic Skull
    Giganta
    Hercules
    Isis
    Mary Marvel
    Molecule Man
    Osiris
    Titania
    Volcana (Marvel?) or (DC?) or (Both?)
    Wasp
    Cloak
    Dagger
    Sebastian Shaw
    Boom Boom
    The Captain
    Machine Man
    Elsa Bloodstone
    Monica Rambeau

Remove or Demote to RL
    Jack of Hearts

PL?
    Kyle to Ion?
    Allow the current status of Annihilus to be used.
    Add Quasar
    Add Lightray
    Nova
    Sentry: I agree, he is far more well defined now than ever before.He's still up there, but isn't the uber team buster we all once thought him to be.
    Takion
    Dr. Strange

Some of these are just annual "should we take a chance"? characters that it's always good to throw out there. Well, lets get back to discussing.

5. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    is it just me or would molecule man be border line PL???

6. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Honestly I read that as Mole Man. [face_laugh]

7. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Mr. Terrific? Maybe.

Ooh, Supernova, Booster Gold's new alias. And change Ant-Man to Pym.

8. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    No. I'll change Ant-Man to two characters. Stature's dad and O'Grady. And Pym will be added.

9. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I don't know why Molecule Man wouldn't be well into the PL. I'll get to chars I'm thinking about later though. Such as EXILES HYPERION

10. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I was thinking the same about Molecule Man, he seems like more of a PL kind of guy.

11. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Vast psionic ability to manipulate all matter and energy on a subatomic level. He can use his power to reconfigure all forms of matter into different substances and forms and can change matter to energy and back again, e.g: the creation of powerful force-fields and energy beams. Originally he had difficulty with complicated items like electronics or plumbing, but as his skill grew (especially during and after the Secret Wars miniseries, possibly due to some tampering from Doctor Doom) he was able to not only affect such items, but also to perform such impressive feats as opening hyperspace portals and travelling faster than light.

He once believed that he could only affect inorganic materials and was proven wrong. He also once believed that he needed a special wand, but it turned out that the wand was an ordinary piece of metal and that the vast powers originated from his own being and not the wand.

Seems to me he'd be a decent PLer. Durability is probably his only issue, if someone prepped hits him.

12. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    It also depends on how he uses his power for the most part. You don't want to put him on the PL, have someone take him, an opponent post scans about him losing to one person, and everyone lose all respect for him*. Don't just slap him on the PL for his powers.

*Champ.

13. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Powers: "Owen Reece has the phenomenal ability to control all matter on a molecular level. His typical uses for this power has been to mold matter to his whim, disrupt matter into dust or liquid, and convert one substance into another. He also uses the power to fly and control complex machines. The full range of Reece's power remains unknown, but he was able with the help of the Silver Surfer to affect the Earth on a planet-wide scale. Originally, he limited himself to being able to affect only inorganic materials, but there truly seems to be no limit to his power. Once, he proved able to store his life force in his wand, then mentally take over anyone who handled it, even creating a new body for himself. "

And then his Marvel Bio explains a lot of his specific feats, and to be honest after reading it he is to be too powerful for the draft IMO.....

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Molecule_Man

PS: There is also this guy, Klaw. And this guy, Hydro-Man

14. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    so would kyle be separate from ion like anakin is from vader in the jedi draft?

or ,if we have ion, him replace rayner totally?

15. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    If we do add Ion we should get Parallax. But we keep opening the door for all of these powerhouse guys, what's happening to the street level ones? There are some of the best characters not getting drafted. We ought to do an amalgam draft of every street leveller from all of the lists.

16. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    I'd love to draft parallax and Sinestro together

17. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Parallax? He is way to powerful for this draft.

18. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    i say we include parallax. too powerful or not, he's just a stud.

19. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    Parallax could take out an entire team on his own. Easy.

20. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Not if we add Strange, Thanos, Asgardian Destroyer, and Molecule Man. [face_whistling]

Just think about it, with the addition of the likes of Nova and Sentry as well, we now have a lot of our old top 5 picks becoming low first rounders, and everything down the line gets pushed down as well. That makes for some great 2nd round picks, and would help to even out the uberness of the new PL heavy hitters.

Just think if someone got Thor in a low 1st round pick, added in Beta Ray Bill in the early second. Would Strange be that much of a team killer at this point? Probably not. Besides that, he still wouldn't get prep in an individual match and I could see a few guys on the list who could possibly take him out in that setting.

It could work.......seriously. :p

21. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Don't need to imagine it. We've had Thor/Beta Ray before. The team ended up pretty... so-so, IIRC. And I had Thor in my 2 spot. I got my ass kicked. :p

22. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I'll take God Onslaught, thank you very much.

23. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Bah, it would still be fun to have them in the draft again. I miss them. :(

24. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Strange sure, but not Thanos or Destroyer. They'd just own everyone.

25. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    meh

just put Galactus back in the draft.

death, malebolgia, and mephisto, too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.