main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Comic Book Draft Episode V: Excelsior! (Winner: BartSimpson-SithLord... aww what a champion)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Mikaboshi, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
  2. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Galactus, Aegis and Tenebrous should all be in 8-} And Beyonder and Eternity and the Spectre!

3. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Well if we are going to do this right, we can't forget Mad Jim Jaspers and Hyperstorm. :D :p

4. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Okay well, in actuality I'm all for Strange, Molecule Man, Exiles Hyperion, and Vulcan.

And you know what, Mephisto isn't all unbeatable outside his own domain. He's pretty on par with Surfer and Thor, both of whom have stalemated him in his realm. As a matter of fact I can't say I've heard of Mephisto ever beating Thor, though he did empower someone to beat Surfer. So I really wouldn't say he or Blackheart is too powerful for this draft.

What about Killer Frost, she'd be good, as well as Star Sapphire, to beef up the evil RL list that is pretty lacking. Shadow King as well, just give him the body he started with and he's an evil high-level TP user.

5. Jedi_Master_Ryokono

Jedi_Master_Ryokono Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003

ZOMG [face_hypnotized] TOO MUCH POWER

6. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    I say we add Mr. Mxyzptlk.

7. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Updating

Add to RL?
    Black Knight
    Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)
    Atomic Skull
    Giganta
    Hercules
    Isis
    Mary Marvel
    Osiris
    Titania
    Volcana (Marvel?) or (DC?) or (Both?)
    Wasp
    Cloak
    Dagger
    Sebastian Shaw
    Boom Boom
    The Captain
    Machine Man
    Elsa Bloodstone
    Monica Rambeau
    Klaw (?)
    Hydro-Man
    Killer Frost
    Star Sapphire

Clarify
    Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
    Ant-Man (Eric O'Grady)
    Hank Pym

Remove or Demote to RL
    Jack of Hearts

PL?
    Kyle to the Ion born from Jade's powers?
    Allow the current status of Annihilus to be used.
    Add Quasar
    Add Lightray
    Nova
    Sentry: I agree, he is far more well defined now than ever before.He's still up there, but isn't the uber team buster we all once thought him to be.
    Takion
    Dr. Strange
    Molecule Man
    King Hyperion
    Vulcan

I'm actually all for the seeming balancing out that these additions brings. It upgrades the first rounders and, at the same time, doesn't completely downgrade the second and third rounders. Vulcan isn't unbeatable, if we take him at his current level where Gladiator eventually subdued him. King Hyperion also isn't a team buster, though he does become the strongest Hyperion and a nice addition to evil teams. Dr. Strange can get punked by prepped Non PL and won't gain that much neccessarily in teams. And then we are limiting Ion to being the current, not the one from before. But lets continue discussion. Look over this list, see if there is anything I missed, and get a clear consensus on things.

8. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

Mar 13, 2004
    Joker at peak should get Batmite's powers!

9. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Vulcan isn't unbeatable, if we take him at his current level where Gladiator eventually subdued him.

sure, but only after he had just completely owned the rest of the royal guard. Plus that little confidence thing with Gladiator, I don't know how you could be confident after seeing your team go down like that though.

10. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

Mar 13, 2004
    How about Zombie galactus hulk?

11. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    The way I read it, Vulcan easily beat the rest of the guard and then Gladiator just PWNED him. Vulcan I recall was very surprised he hadn't taken out Glads, and he didn't seem tired in any way from the guard. And then yeah... Gladiator seems to have a better hold on his confidence than he used to.

I think King Hyperion could bust some teams... But they'd have to be bad. I would say add Wendigo but I dunno how much info is out on him. Oh yeah, split Gorgon into Gorgon and Gorgon (Tomi Shishido).

OOH OOH add The Wrecker, if he's not there already.

12. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

Mar 13, 2004
    Hmm, Spider-man capturing Iron Man in webbing definitely ups him in my book. It was pretty cool.

13. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    The way I saw it Vulcan had a few scrapes and a tattered costume. I think he was barefot, as well. I don't know if I would call that completely unscathed. Maybe I'm thinking of something else though.

Oh, Mr. Terrific?

Would Genis or Mar-vell be too much?

14. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    From what I saw of the fight, Vulcan walked through all of Shi'ar's defenses. He completely humbled the Guard, and then faced Gladiator.....of which here are the final 2 scans....

http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1uh8.jpg
    http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2yb8.jpg

And this is unrelated but funny....

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/7941/gladventerprise2hn.jpg
    http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/4010/gladventerprise21rr.jpg

15. NightHunter319

NightHunter319 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    He battles Doctor Strange, and you may already have him, but how about adding Dormammu to the PL?

16. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004

Yeah, like I said, he seems to be torn up from something. I guess he wasn't barefoot though. Why was his uniform all torn up?

17. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I wouldn't disagree with it.

18. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    EF: I am not sure why he is looking that way, I wasn't able to read all of that fight.

19. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    However, the captain of Vulcan's ship had deceived Vulcan as to the Guard's true strength, hoping to use him as a pawn in Vice-Chancellor K'Tor's plan to restore the old Empire; as a result, Vulcan was unprepared for the true power of the Guard, and especially their leader, Gladiator. Vulcan killed several powerful guardsmen in combat (Titan, Neutron, Cosmo, Smasher, and Impulse, among many others), but was defeated by Gladiator (who also managed to damage Vulcan's left eye), and taken to a prison moon.

So it looks like he wasn't ready for them, kicked their tails anyway, but then got owned by Glads. Impressive showing for him actually.

20. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I think you guys should add me to the list.

I'm nasty when prepped correctly.

21. Jedi_Master_Ryokono

Nov 10, 2003
    this from the guy who wants to get Parallax and Sinestro on one team. [face_laugh]

22. -KRANG-

-KRANG- Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2007
    Well, Parallax is an entity. i'm not referring to evil HJ. I'm referring to the entity. The one who powered Sinestro's ring...

23. Jedi_Master_Ryokono

Nov 10, 2003
  24. -KRANG-

-KRANG- Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2007
    You understand what i mean though, right?

25. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    So we gonna round things up, and get on with the next then or shall we have a picnic?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.