main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Comic Book Draft Episode VI: Return of the Multiverse

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by BartSimpson-SithLord, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004

Champsionship Game:
    Apocalypse vs. Professor X TRUMPED W/ Hercules
    Well it's a toughie as they can engage him on both the mental and physical fronts at the same time. However I've never seen Apoc beaten mentally even by Xavier, and with his original body he can take some shots from Hercules. All he really needs for Xavier is one good blast, and I don't think these two will be able to pummel him good enough to stop it from happening. And then, Hercules is just too one-dimensional even against a weakened Apoc imo. So, I give it to Apocalypse though it could go the other way.

Third Place Match:

Green Lantern (Kilowog) (Prepared) vs. The Invisible X-Women Get HOTTER (Now Featuring Sunfire)[/quote]
    Well, before I explain this, let me explain that it's not so difficult as to require explanation. Kilowog already has the ability to resist Marvel Girl easily, and Sunfire will have a hard enough time penetrating his autoshields. He can prep to disrupt Sue's powers but more efficient would be some sonic device to scramble all 3 of them. 1 shot takes Sue out while she's down, and the other 2 are easy prey for Kilowog

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'd love to give an argument to tell you why that's wrong, yak, but I'm lacking in time at the moment. If judges want to move on, do so. It's a third place game, and not worth holding the draft up.

3. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I'd love to hear an abridged version... For clarity if nothing else

You've got an App. State T-shirt don't you?

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    In a nutshell: Kilowog is going to struggle to defend against all three of them at the same time. Yeah, with his prep he should have no problem taking down any of them and defending against any of them. But none of the trump are going to stand their with their thumbs inserted into their rectums waiting for their turn for Kilowog to focus on them. Something like a sonic receptor could help get them more vulnerable, but I still don't see it giving him a good enough opening. Sue's shown the ability to create massive shields when nearest defeat out of desperation and instinct, so unless Kilowog can completely knock her out with that sonic receptor, he's not going to have an easy time killing her. And, even at that, Jean can create some TK shields, to give Kilowog one more thing to work past, while still worrying about defending against not only Sunfire's blasts, but the impact Sunfire's blasts will have on using the ground and surrounding terrain against Kilowog as a weapon. And, while consentrating his energy on attacks and defense, his mental barriers will probably go down, leaving him more open to mental attacks from Jean. I just think there are too many things to worry about, and too many things that will have to break just right for Kilowog to pull this off.

And no, no App St. T-shirt. But if I see a half-App State, half-Oregon t-shirt, I might need to buy it.

5. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Yeah, sorry about the lack of an argument. I actually sat down and started typing it twice, and both times something came up and I had to go.

My argument essentially consisted of what Yak said. More or less. Although it did focus in a little more on the intangible abilities that Apoc brings that the other two don't have. Things like his teleportation, his TK (I don't think Xavier has that), his amazing regen that Herc could do nothing about, his energy blasts, which are very important for ranged attacks, and of course, his ability to avoid any table that comes in his direction.

It essentially comes down to whether or not you think Herc is capable of keeping Apoc completely busy while Xavier mentally assaults him, and whether or not you think Apoc has what it takes to deal with them both at the same time. As Yak said in his judgment, it isn't going to take a whole hell of a to beat Xavier. One major blow or energy blast to the chest and he's more or less done for. Once Xavier is taken out, Herc's mind will be completely free for Apoc to explore.

6. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Apocalypse takes out Xavier. If Xavier were prepared, I'd reconsider, but he isn't so back into the wheelchair he goes.

The Triump takes this. No disrespect to Kilowog. but with the addition of Sunfire, I think even as a distraction, Kilowog is simply outnumbered.

7. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I'd love to see that Apoc vs. Trump fight though. That's hardcore.

And I'm stickin with Kilowog. I could go through my reasons why, or wait for the 3rd judgment. Doesn't matter which to me.

8. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Meh. I don't have the time to get into that one, unfortunately. Suffice it to say that, taking all the high-end feats into account (on both sides), my trump absolutely has enough to either, one, keep Fat Lips busy enough on the mental front that he gets a beatdown physically, or two, keep him so busy enough a hardcore physical battle that his mind becomes vulnerable.

Because Herc can and has taken on (and sometimes defeated) beings that are a match, or moreso, for Fat Lips physically (Not all of them straight-up bruisers, btw. Firelord, anyone? And not like he could've won, but Herc's even given the Beyonder something to remember him by.), and at the top of his game, Xavier's shown the chops to be able to beat Fat Lips psionic-wise. I've seen the scan of Apoc mind-fragging Chuck, and it's such a nasty, horrendous jobbing. Sad, really. And now, Chuck is more powerful (to an undefined degree, sure) than Fat Lips has ever faced him as.

And as far as Fat Lips goes... nah, I don't have time for all that. Looks like it's decided anyways. *shrug*

9. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Wait wait. Find me, or even tell me about, Xavier mind-fraggin Apoc. I can't find it. It sounds conceivable. I want to believe it. Issue number, situation, something...

10. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
  11. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    That's real/cannon? I had no idea that was ever written. :confused:

Oh well, in any case a psychic blast that kills both Apoc and X seems perfect for the trump to get a win from...

12. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    No, I didn't mean the 'What If?' thing. Can't use those. I don't think I've seen Xavier defeat Fat Lips psionically. Although it's been a while since I looked real close at his respect thread. I may be forgetting something. But no, I just meant indirectly. His high-end feats (without the power boost, without Cerebro) are such that he very much outclasses anything we've really seen from Fat Lips in that respect... except, of course, for Fat Lips fragging Xavier... which is presicely the problem.

But looking at that scan again, Chuck is being carried, meaning something happened to his chair, meaning something happened to him, suggesting that it's possible he wasn't in tip-top shape at the moment. And, as is usually the case for him, Fat Lips was, for all intents and purposes, prepped. Just... based on Chuck's best, that was bull.

13. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Much as I'd like to count it, I can't count what-ifs. Though one could argue it establishes power-level, I dunno that it should be assumed to count. There are some crazy what-ifs, and usually they're written to hilarious extremes

14. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    you are counting Age of Apocalypse as a power indicator...why not this...I'll even bring up the Scan where the Watcher varifes this this as part of the Age of Apocalypse 'cancer' spearding through out the universes...meaning this is a 616 power level Prof X...hey why am I even in hee?

15. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    I think just the fact that both of he trump members are so weak in the mental and physical fronts respectively, and Apoc is so strong in them should be the deciding factor for this match. Neither of the trump members are going to be able to take out Apoc easily at all, even if he's being distracted by the other member. However, it's only going to take one solid physical shot for Xavier and one solid mental shot for Herc and either one of them will be done. That means that Apoc only needs to distract one member of the trump for just a split second to take out the other one, because their weaknesses are so easy for him to exploit.

16. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Yeah... he ain't that strong...

But whatever. I'm not fighting this one any harder. I'm content with just getting to the finals with this cobbled-together mehsquad.

17. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Well, Apocalypse doing mind-blasting is real rare... I don't think I'd say he's prone to doing it, but his mental defenses... They seem extremely strong. It's his mental D, not his O, that I think of when I give him this win. And if Apoc was just strong physically and mentally, I think I'd still give it to the trump. It's stuff like teleportation, intangibiltiy, shape-shifting (I don't even know if he can become intangible...) but those little helper powers that make me believe that somewhere in this, probably not before he has taken considerable damage, he will get... No, he will MAKE the opportunity to blast X. And all it takes is 1. Then, he has too many ways to stay away from Herc, even if only a couple more shots would take him out.

Of course, Apoc might react quicker off the bat and blast Xavier before any of this happens. Can never discount the possibility of a very quick ending in any match. And oh yeah, Apoc's original body definitely helps in this match, though for me there is no singular deciding factor.

I'm interested in seeing Durron's prep now for Xavier.

18. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Yeah, I'm sure that's it.

Not that strong. Phht.

19. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    No, he isn't. This isn't the matchup I wanted, though. Wanted Nimrod to hit Fat Lips. Would've enjoyed that one.

20. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Because of the whole mutant thing? Eh.

He's plenty strong. ur jus teh haterz.

21. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    No, I don't think Nimrod could nullify Fat Lips. Not without prep. But even so, he's just straight-up better.

And yeah, I am a hater. Can't stand that overhyped pile of garbage. Wasn't always that way, though. Look back to the first draft and I think you'll see a dumb, ignorant me trying to argue that Fat Lips is a decent match for Galactus. [face_clown]

22. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Well, how is that any...

No, too easy.

In any case, Nimrod vs. Apocalypse huh? Man, that'd have me rakin my head pretty hard.

23. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Your mom's too...

Nah, too easy.

24. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Oh no... Back to the mothers...
    I will not join you in this foolishness.

And who did you want that trump to hit?

25. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Well, as far as I'm aware, Doomsday's never been killed by a psychic fragging before, so he would probably not be immune to it. Never really been tested on the mental front at all, actually (again, as far as I know). And so, while Herc isn't capable of beating Doomsday, he's certainly good enough to keep the equally-one-dimensional brute occupied long enough to test that theory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.