main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Comic Book Draft Episode VI: Return of the Multiverse

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by BartSimpson-SithLord, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Eh, interesting enough match... But it'd be pretty much up to the writer. I hate judgment calls. I'd prolly write Doomsday winning that one. Although, I've judged differently from how I'd write stuff before.

2. Dom_Perignon

Dom_Perignon Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Green Lantern (Kilowog) (Prepared) vs. The Invisible X-Women Get HOTTER (Now Featuring Sunfire)

This would be tough if Kilowog wasn't one of the best GLs and had a genius inventive mind. Any kind of device that would incapacitate the trump for a few seconds is enough for Kilowog to take out Sue, who I think would give him the most problems. Then from there he can handle Jean and Sunfire. His shields would be enough to stop Sunfire's blasts or counter Jean's TK and his mind is too disciplined to go down to a mental assualt. From there it's just a game of which one he takes out first. The trump is ill suited to go up against the mind of Kilowog and the ring of a Green Lantern.

Winner: Kilowog

3. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Championship Final

Shi-Ar Conference Champions:
    Don Cherry Strikes Back: The Suits (1)

VS.

Krypton Conference Champions:
    At Least We Have Chicken

Third Place game:

WereWolf Women of the S.S. (1) vs. Mental Domination

And the location for both: The Great Salt Lake Desert

[b]Two[/b] is the same number of losses that Michigan has in as many weeks.

[b][hl=green][color=yellow]Champsionship[/color][/hl] [hl=blue][color=red]Game:[/hl][/color][/b]
    [b]Location: The Great Salt Lake Desert[/b]
    [color=skyblue]Baron Helmut Zemo (Prepared)[/color] vs. [color=darkblue]Hourman, The Android[/color]

[b]Third Place Match:
    [color=yellow]Moondragon (Prepared)[/color] vs. [color=purple]Lightray[/color]

4. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Well, I think we know where I currently stand here. But I'll wait for argument

5. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Well, Hourman's super good apparently, so that's nice. And Baron's...

Eh, screw it, I can't make any difference in your minds for this one. Hell, I don't even know which way you're leaning here. Baron's your personal fav, but Hourman just had his stock increase drastically, so Iunno.

6. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Nah. Ol' Yak's just determined to hate on Hourman. Apparantly Nate's still twice as powerful, even though he's... not.

7. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    What is the difference though between Hourman and the Android. One would assume the android is weaker. :confused:

8. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
  9. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I thought all the original Hourman had was Miraclo strength and speed...

However strong miraclo pills make him.... Despero broke his shoulder or somethin, he bled pretty easy, I didn't get the impression it was very good.

Oh yeah, and, when I look at the overall skillset, put in the numbers for each category, and plug them in Nate wins handily. Of course, if I could get a better reading on Hourman's strength and normal speed and durability and whatnot, it might change for better or worse.

Maybe I should lump in TK with manipulation ability but... They still seem separate to me...

And X-Man is a statistical god if I do that. Nope, they stay separate.

10. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Well, okay yeah, I'ma go with Zemo and yeah it may well be overturned. In any case, from what I've found Hourman defeats Amazo by doing stuff like erasing his future, throwing both of them into the timestream, etc. I may be wrong but that I don't think matches like this end that way.

So in regard to how the match COULD be won, Zemo has extensive experience with time-travel, phasing, invisibility, dimensional portals, all sorts of stuff. He probably doesn't get a great blueprint of Hourman with prep, but with the possibilies of a one-shot, disintegration, Zemo coming in invisible and getting just enough of a jump, phasing/teleporting and disrupting Hourman's internals, all the stuff he could come in with and a Captain America strategic mind I think he has this one, as best I can tell. If it drags on too long Hourman will probably gain the advantage, but I think Zemo has the power, skill, versatility, craftiness and enough experience in Hourman's abilities to get it done quickly enough.

Moondragon

11. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Shocker, that.

12. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I at least looked for stuff to change my mind...

Well, I actually liked the squad. Till Hourman got picked anyway.

13. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    It's all good. Like I said earlier, I really don't care. I was gonna, but I continue to be hella busy, and I really don't feel like doing any more for a character that'll be gone next draft. Add to that being perfectly satisfied with a finals berth with a squad I'm not all that happy with, and yeah, I just don't care.

14. Dom_Perignon

Jun 11, 2006
    I need t know a couple things before I make my judgement. What level of strength and durability/invulnerability does Hourman have? Is it like Supes level, Martian level, or what? And how easily does Zemo time travel? Is it as seamless as it is with Hourman or does he do it to a lesser extent?

15. Zizzle

Zizzle Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2006
    He does it to a lesser ExtANT!

Oh god...

16. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Well, Hourman seems to have durability enough to take maybe a few shots from a Supes-level char, seeing as his war with Amazo his past and future selves could take a little punishment from Amazo. I can't get much of a gauge on his physical strength, he doesn't really seem to use it... I don't think either combatant's physical strength really would come into play in this battle, but maybe that's just me.

And I'm pretty sure Zemo time-travels with a thought by using the moonstones.

Oh yeah, and Amazo has quite possibly surpassed Goku as my #1 dumbest character ever created.

17. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    After thinking about it, I disagree on the Zemo call but agree on Moondragon.

18. Dom_Perignon

Jun 11, 2006
    I've thought about this match for the better half of the day. Zemo's prepared-ness makes it so he will actually know Hourman is a time traveler. Zemo, himself being a time traveler, will be able to take supreme advantage over this. If Hourman tries anything dealing with time Zemo more than likely will know how to counter it with his moonstones. If he was not prepared, I would probably go with Hourman, but because of Zemo's strategic mind and his craftiness I have to give it to him over Hourman this time. If Zemo did not have time travel himself it would not be a question, but because they both have it and Zemo is experiened in it...

Winner: Baron Helmut Zemo (Prepared)

19. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Championship Final

Shi-Ar Conference Champions:
    Don Cherry Strikes Back: The Suits (2)

VS.

Krypton Conference Champions:
    At Least We Have Chicken

Third Place game:

WereWolf Women of the S.S. (2) vs. Mental Domination

And the location for both: The Great Salt Lake Desert

[b]Five[/b] is alive.

[b][hl=green][color=yellow]Champsionship[/color][/hl] [hl=blue][color=red]Game:[/hl][/color][/b]
    [b]Location: The Great Salt Lake Desert[/b]
    [color=skyblue]Onslaught[/color] vs. [color=darkblue]Reed Richards (Prepared)[/color]

[b]Third Place Match:
    [color=yellow]Thunderbird (Exiles)[/color] vs. [color=purple]Invisible Forfeit[/color]

20. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Heh. Congrats, Zizz.

21. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Yeah, Onslaught

22. -Ace-

-Ace- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2002
    And Thunderbird finally wins one.

23. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    agreed

24. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    ::pushes his superhero draft again:: Signups still open on my sig.

25. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Nifty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.