The Comic Book Draft Episode VI: Return of the Multiverse

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by BartSimpson-SithLord, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    Via PM -Ace- selects Takion and Nova.

Superb picks Ace, you took full advantage of your picking position and swiped 2 characters that IMHO should have went a bit earlier in the first round.

My only guess is that since these are both new additions to the list, they were overlooked by everyone.
  2. MandaloreYak Force Ghost

star 5
    No... Don't let it happen...
  3. The_Chim Force Ghost

star 6
    So I am a little confused by some of the last few picks I'd say they went a little...well very early. But Nova, A+ there. Should have gone in the first no doubt, nice pick up. I was debating him

I would have loved to go with the hero/villain mix up team but Nova was the new guy I was looking at and he is gone now so that's a no go. I'm going all villain, again.

Now that I look at my team lay out I might, accidentally, be going with a 'Yak's Inferno' Memorial team theme. [face_laugh] Seriously... [face_plain] I don't know if that is a good thing to bad, but either way they are all beasts so it doesn't matter.

And so my Second Round Pick is.....
    Despero

*still wishes he had Onslaught*

[Team Name Here]
    1. King Hyperion
    2. Despero
  4. MandaloreYak Force Ghost

star 5
    FINALLY!!! GOOD GRIEF!!!

Oh yeah, I'm liking this team. I'm REALLY Liking this team...
    [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a7/Despero345.png]

Although the pick positions should've been reversed
  5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Man that guys smile looks deliriously delicious.
  6. The_Chim Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah you're probably right Yak, but I wasn't taking chances. Out of the last three drafts he went in the first, the second then the first again, so I bumped him down. Plus with the close proximity of my picks I am counting him as my second first round pick. :p

I'm glad that the guys behind me are hero teams too. I guess the fact that there are only 4 true villain teams out there right now helps too. Pretty schweeet.
  7. -Ace- Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm so glad people let Nova and Takion slip for so long I'm very happy with my picks. I was gonna go with Despero and Annihilus but there were already a lot of villain teams. There are still a couple of really powerful guys out there for both sides.

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7d/Takiondcu0.png] [image=http://www.sequart.com/members/graphics/17/annihilationNOVA.jpg]
  8. JediKnight20043 Force Ghost

star 5
    BTW guys. Once again, im in this for fun and not for glory.

So if anyone has critisms im not interested. Just letting ya know for the future. :)
  9. The_Chim Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah SS lite and Nova, nice combo there Ace. I'd take Nova over Taky though, but that's just me. But 4 is a lot of villain teams? I don't know that I agree with that but that's what I was talking about when I said we need more top villain guys. If four is 'too many' then, yowza.

And no JK I will give you all the critisms I want! ;) But seriously JK, if you're talking about my comment I wasn't referencing your team. I was raising my brow at X going in the second round.
  10. DarthIntegral Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    Four dedicated villain teams is probably about right ... maybe even one too few. I guess we'll see when the teams really start to shape up. But a Hyperion/Despero top two is tough ... I almost took Despero in the first round. Of course, you're about four choices from Yak never voting against you in a single match. Ever.
  11. The_Chim Force Ghost

star 6
    I plan on getting them all if I can. Hope everything works out too. I know if I had Onslaught it would be a sealed deal for the PL. I think I know where I am going on the RL too. I hope that we stay at 4 villain teams, means more for me..err I mean us.
  12. -Ace- Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I counted a possible 6 teams who could go for villains and I didn't want to be number 7, especially with the heroes still left on the board.
  13. The_Chim Force Ghost

star 6
    Well all teams have the possibility, but it wouldn't make too much sense for the alreayd hero teams to draft a villain. And vice-versa. But still I only count five and that is including Molecule Man as a wildcard. I'm guessing that he will go Hero though, as the villain PL isn't nearly as beefy as the Hero at this point, at least not after all the villain teams between here and Batpooh have their way with it.
  14. MandaloreYak Force Ghost

star 5
  15. DarthIntegral Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    If Despero had still been on the board when I picked again, I would have said to hell with cohesion.

Just saying.
  16. JediKnight20043 Force Ghost

star 5
    ha, would have taken a page from my book Inty :p

And Chim, Dont worry I wasnt referencing you. :)
  17. Stryker_360 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I will take for my second pick Maestro!
  18. Jedi_Master_Ryokono Jedi Master

star 4
    Drax and Maestro together?

[face_worried] *closes the curtains*
  19. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    And, if EF picks who I think he'll pick, he and Chim jump to the front of the pack.
  20. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    Just give me a few minutes here to see if I'm reading this right.

Again.

Also, Annihilus>>>Nova with his bands. Just FYI. Probably would have been better for you to grab Despero and Annihilus, just my thoughts though. Takion is pretty sweet, was hoping he'd slip through. Plus...FOUR VILLIAN TEAMS IS TOO MANY?

Be back in a tic.
  21. MandaloreYak Force Ghost

star 5
    Wait wait wait... Annihilus can't get the bands... No way... No one on this list is beatin him with the bands. They left him, that's the only way he was able to be defeated. Except for Galactus or someone like that. Don't give him the bands...
  22. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    It says Annihilation version, considering that is how he is the ENTIRE run of the main series I just figured.

A present? For me? You guys are too kind. Really, I mean, this is too much.

[image=http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs11/300W/i/2006/176/5/9/Hammer_Love_by_eleganceliberty.jpg]
    Horseface
  23. Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i have no idea wat i'm doing [face_tired]
  24. The_Chim Force Ghost

star 6
    Wish I could have been cool and posted that I knew he was picking BRB. Good job though, SS and BRB are a great combo and going late I might add.
  25. MandaloreYak Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, according to some Annihilus was overpowered during Annihilation, before he got the bands. That's what I thought it meant. Otherwise... I mean... He's just too powerful, with his own powers AND the bands...

And yup, I knew it. I knew BRB would get back to EF. I don't know why, but I knew it would happen...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.