main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Comic Book Mini-Draft 1.0 / Rise of the Scrubs - drafting in progress

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Mikaboshi, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    [image=http://drewlifetv.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/p1_kobe11.jpg]

2. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    [image=http://thebsreport.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/dennis-rodman.jpg]

3. Hokage_Kalar

Hokage_Kalar Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2009
    Banshee 35 vs Toxin 45 - Banshee 6-4 Toxin is lethal and fast, but sonics win the majority

Deadpool trumped w/ Taskmaster (prep) 35 vs Magik trumped w/ Raven (prep) 48 - Honestly, the ability to fly and keep distance from these two is an underrated advantage. I think the trump can take it a majority. Really close to 5-5, but Raven impresses me muchMagic 6-4

Strong Guy 29 vs Doppelganger 46 - "That roll really is all that makes it close." Ditto Strong Guy 7-3

4. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Raven has simply never come close to impressing me, and I don't think they can stay away from the offense of these guys. Deadpool, at least, is a sick marksman -- as I'm sure Taskmaster is also.

Except her cartoon version. That one is pretty impressive.

5. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I am with EF, like I said in my judgments, 'Nothing I see puts Raven in this beast category Yak refers to, maybe he is just watching too many cartoons of her?' And yeah I showed several screens of Taskmaster and Deadpool alike using non-conventional weapons with deadly accuracy. But I am not complaining, I can see this one being close enough to go to Despised tie breaker, not necessarily agree with it but it obviously is close with each voting going 6-4, 5-5, or 4-6. I think the main problem with Magik and Raven is that they are too alike to be effective. They both need someone up front to tank the beating, melee if you will, while they provide back-line support and offensive spells. I always thought it was kind of a waste to trump two characters with the same skill set, you gotta diversify your bonds.

I am wondering when we get a straight forward one Minchy, with the roll or the matchup even. :p Speaking of, I am guessing that is all we are getting in terms of judgments, everyone but Gunship has voted IIRC.

6. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Well, admittedly, most of her beastliness is when she's possessed or evil, but it's still pretty darn impressive. Evil Raven would win this handily. But she's still impressive to me w/out evil. But if you'll go back and see, Mr. Chim, I did lean toward Deadmaster, or a tie.

I also don't think as highly of Taskmaster as yall do. I think Deadpool is definitely better.

7. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I did see you went with DeadMaster there but I am surprised at the low amount of wins you gave them I guess. If it is based on her being a beast then...where is it? I kept making the point that she is only impressive when evil or possessed would mess up cohesion drastically but that never seemed to cross anyone else' mind? Eh oh well, I guess she will remain a beast.

But yes I think Deadpool is better too. He has beaten Taskmaster as well. A few times.

8. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Incorrect. If anything, it would make Magik just as deadly as Raven. Darkchilde. Magik has been just as dark and evil as Raven due to her time in limbo. Since she's been back, she's not exactly Illyana. She's more darkchilde. Making her more prone to darker tendencies. Hence why I said that Wade and Taskmaster would be smart not to try and outcrazy these two.

9. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I was under the impression that as Darkchilde she didn't trust anything in Limbo, being that all those things are demonic and evil and trying to steal her stuff... eh you say tomato.

10. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I have every main issue of X-Men: Second Coming. Except what came out today. But unless they finally rescued Illyana from being trapped in limbo (yes she got trapped in limbo), she hasn't done anything this week. She wasn't terribly useful in this arc at all. She's just not that well designed for battle.

11. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Going on day seven of matches. WOO-HOO!

12. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I should have time to count these up later, maybe. Tonight for sure.

13. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Yeah, I think it's pretty much established that a point system with 2 million judges just wont work.

14. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I couldn't imagine how much worse it would be in a full draft with more judges, it sucks with only 8 of us here.

It may be easier if we change it up so that each GM casts votes based upon the old way of doing it, that still gives us 8 opinions. We can just throw out the point system.

Would any one mind if I did this for the next round? Would it be better if I wait until the next draft? Any thoughts?

15. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    8 judges is hardly 2 million but if we are waiting on all 8 every round, that is gonna get tiring. I can see it both ways though, it being unfair for those of us that get on daily and get our arguments out often and early as opposed to the people that can't check and get on daily. I get that, but is it fair to make us all wait too? I don't see much difference between the wait in this system and the old 3-4 judge system we had. If the same people don't get on to make arguments it holds the judges up and if the same judges don't get on it holds everyone up with the last system. In this one it just holds everyone up all the time because everyone is a judge. We just need a good reliable judging group I guess.

My idea is maybe we could go with the idea to move on once a majority of votes are in? We can still count any votes placed after the half majority but if we have the majority in and D1 wants to post new matches we still could? I am ok with trying anything though, this is certainly the time and place for it. I don't see the point system being what is holding us up, it is still just the number of judges and lack of timely arguments and judging slowing things to me. Like I said I will try anything.

Yak, isn't this how you had it in your draft though, with the dice system and GM voting and all that?

16. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Dice absolutely. We still only had 4-5 judges, and the first 3 ended a match. But yeah judges also were GMs, and could vote on their own matches even though most tried to avoid doing so. But yeah, it was still 1st 3 in ended a match, not... Everybody. And it was VERY quick, especially with people just getting a phone call whenever new matches were up.

17. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah I agree with that we should have a 3-4 judges to move things along. I don't care though. Someone can call me if we want to play with Yak's rules, my number is 911.

18. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    But what if there was a close match and people were split and voting 4-6, 6-4 and 5-5? We have had two matches like that already, and if we need to get 41 points to move forward we would then still be waiting for the 8th judge.

I am thinking that we can go with a first come first serve thing, any GM can still vote...and match's are decided when 3 votes are cast for a particular character or trump.

Thoughts?

19. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I think... that was kinda what I was going with. I was just going with 4 because it would be half the GM/Judges so it would be 'fair'-er. I must have missed the whole idea of getting 41 points before moving on though. It really makes no difference to me but I assume you are waiting on a decision here before posting the next match?

20. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Oh I thought you were still considering if we used the 10 point system. My bad.

No, I am just waiting to get off work so I can sit down and tally the votes. Not sure when that will be, I have another 3 1/2 hours of work..then am going to the gym and won't be back until about 8:30.

So I can have new matches posted sometime tonight, maybe in about 8-9 hours from now? That is if I am not too tired after working a 10 1/2 hour day and then practicing Taekwondo for 2 hours, otherwise it will have to wait until tomorrow.

21. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Well, if we went by my draft, if we had a draw for a battle, we just had a draw for a battle. We had 7 battles (well I think the last draft we move to 6) per round, so the only time there was a team battle was if there was a draw and the rest were split.

22. Hokage_Kalar

Hokage_Kalar Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2009
    Voters could keep a running total. As in, you find the vote before you, and post your vote, and the current running total. If there is an error, I'm sure people will catch it faster, and it is little to no work on the Moderator.

23. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah lets open this up to more errors and complications. There is a reason we don't let everyone edit the pick list...

24. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    On the one hand, it really couldn't hurt and it's not like the individual scores wouldn't be there.

On the other hand, the commish would still check the indi scores, so that wouldn't matter anyway.

I could keep track of scores.

25. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    *cough*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.