main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Comic Book Mini-Draft 1.0 / Rise of the Scrubs - drafting in progress

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Mikaboshi, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I don't prep him so he comes in as an army already. But it does helop him in the prep time. More heads, more manpower, much the same way he won Who Wants to be a Millionaire. Basically his 24 hours is extended, because he doesn't have to divide his time between research, formulating a plan, and gathering resources.

Meanwhile, once he gets to the battlefield, it really takes him no time at all to create an army, such as when he was in the HYDRA base. He has duplicated weapons and other equipment he's had on his person, so that's no problem.

I mean, he multiplies exponentially. If he uses the same method he did in HYDRA, he could have over 1,000 people in 10 slaps. In twice as many slaps, he'd have over 1 million. Granted, we never saw when he stopped slapping himself, and while his new limits are as of yet undefined and he might not be able to go that far, he did go far enough to completelty trample an entire HYDRA base. Now, I don't know how many people a HYDRA base employs, but I know it's more than 1. Jessica Drew is worth more than any HYDRA agent, I realize. However, that's only when he's slapping himself, or snapping his fingers. We know he can do far more than one dupe at a single time, and how fast that number grows...well, who can say? But it's quick, fast, and in a hurry.

2. Hokage_Kalar

Hokage_Kalar Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2009
    I like 2^10 and Dustyclaws personally.

3. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    It's only really close because of the roll. Dust/X-23

4. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    EF I don't think you said the words 'HYDRA base' or 'slap' enough in the post.

5. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Well it's too late to add more now. Oh well. Maybe next time.

6. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    So, are we ready to pronounce all GM judging a failure?

7. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I'm ready to pronounce all of drafting a failure.

8. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I think we are.

Dust/X-23, because I'm not seeing anything from him that's really helpful against, well, dust. X-23's presence doesn't hurt, either.

Also, if it'll help move things along, I'll concede the other match.

9. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    dust/x23 and multiple man

And we haven't even made it to round 2 yet...

If we're going to take this long, we might as well do 2 matches at a time again.

10. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    I was waiting for arguments, dust and multiple man both 8-2, at least.

11. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I am inclined to agree on Multiple Man and the X/Dust trump even though that roll is... atrocious. Whatever, doesn't seem to bother anyone else so it doesn't bother me.

Multiple Man and Prepped Trump.

12. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Yeah, Multiple Man

13. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I think we are in agreement here, oh wait it's a weekend sorry I forgot.

14. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    It's hard to say any of the new rules are not working in this draft since there is a blatant lack of zeal or participation...

15. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    As much as it does present some problems, I have to agree that commish being able to GM might be a necessity. It's a thankless job that no one wants to do, and so nothing ever gets updated. And we do need designated judges, waiting for 5-7 votes ain't happenin. Even if the judges have to be GMs... We have to have actual participation before we start worrying about problems with the participants.

16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    If you guys wanna switch to designated judges, I'm willing to step up to the plate on that one and judge. I'm fully ready to declare GM consensus voting a failure. Though I do like the idea of giving each match a 10-point scale by three judges.

At this point, though, I'm just hoping we get another set of matches posted.

17. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    ^ QFT. I concur with the above statements.

18. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Quantum Field Theory?

Anyway, I agree, we need designated judges, but then we will have the same problem as last draft and with the GM in this one. Judging is thankless, and they slowly stop judging, or they judge very very sporadically. I have to agree with Yak, we should let participants judge and GM, and later deal with the problems that arise with that. Because clearly the incentive to judge or GM isn't worth it. And it seems across the board, in almost all drafts, they just aren't moving.

19. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Man, I sure hope we ain't been waiting on me or anything. Was out of the country for these past two weeks. Jolly old England. Very much a last minute thing. I mean, I was gonna go, but then I thought I might have to cancel, but then I managed to clear my schedule (literally) the night before so that I could go... blah, blah, blah. Anyways, Dust/X-23 and Multiple Man for me.

20. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    You can't just leave without asking first. Who do you think you are?

21. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Someone who can say that he was in the stands for day one of Isner/Mahut.

22. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I hate you so much right now.

23. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Well I hope everything is OK with Despised. He's logged on quite frequently but just doesn't post in here so I'm not sure what the issue is. Unless he posted something saying he was away and I missed it?

Maybe we will just have to post the rest of our numbers for this round and go with an interim commish to finish the draft unless he comes back? I'm pretty OK with anything but the curret system at this point. Hate to do it but this has taken far too long, we should easily be doing two matches a week.

24. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    What he said.

25. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Ditto. I nominated Yak to commish, and Yak, Inty, and Chim as judges. Yes Chim is a GM, but I think he is fair, and posts more frequently than any of us. Backup judges could be EF and I, or any other two GMs for that matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.