main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Comic Book Mini-Draft 1.0 / Rise of the Scrubs - drafting in progress

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Mikaboshi, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hokage_Kalar

Hokage_Kalar Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2009
    So what do you think about Baron Zemo. When I think of him, I don't think moonstone. How about this, current items, but average performance.

2. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Also, I still don't think current is that difficult. before blackest night, it would have been crazy, thank God we started the draft when we did. But people like Hawkgirl and Hawkman, peak and current happen to be the same now, but 3 months ago I would have had Kendra Saunders.

3. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Yeah, in terms of weapons and items they possess, current is fine. Within reason, of course. Obviously if someone got ahold of the Infinity Gauntlet right before the draft started, that's right out. We just need to exercise some common sense, really.

And peak, with the die roll system, is actually out of our hands. It all depends on the numbers they draw. But that said, judging a character more by their low showings if they draw a 4, and their high showings if they draw a 46 is one thing. But (using Eve as the primary example again) to handicap a certain character or characters just because they happen to being experiencing some (likely temporary) decrease in power or control just as the draft happens to start doesn't sit right with me. Especially when we can still only speculate as to the actual reason behind the wonkiness.

And that's not just because I happened to be the one to draft her, in case it needs to be said.

4. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Right...

No but seriously, current power and peak power really aren't different. I think the point is to move away from people always being peak, and now to something more "stable." For most, current, even in Atom Eve case, I would say is no different. In Eve's case, I would say she is just having some bad showing right now. Bonkers = Rolling 8.

5. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I'd say she's still recovering from that boob job, or it could be because she's...you know. Anyway.

6. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Do you think she's knocked up or something?

7. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    I can't quite agree with that. A bad showing would be Wally West getting tripped up by Deathstroke. I mean, obviously it's all really in the hands of the writers, but in-universe, there was no excuse for that happening. Wally wasn't drugged or drunk or anything like that. It was just a bad, bad showing and there was really no excuse for that on his part.

What's happening to Eve at the moment... it's all out of her hands. Beyond her knowledge or control, if you will. She's not screwing up due to CIS, and it's not due to a lack of skill.

If there was a legitimate excuse for Wally getting tripped up, like, say, if Grodd had been messing with his head from across the city at that exact moment, then it wouldn't have been a bad showing. It would've just been a plot element and could be explained away and discounted.

EDIT: Yeah, it's probably because she's all knocked up, but we still don't really know that yet. Unless of course it's been confirmed very recently?

That that's the cause of her power craziness, I mean. Not that she's got a bun in the oven. That we know.

8. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I wouldn't call moving to current as more "stable", especially when we have just introduced the dice roll aspect....because we are the furthest from being "stable" as we have been since the comic draft started IMHO. If we are using dice rolling, we should be using peak preformance I think. Otherwise you could end up rolling a 50, and with a character who is in fluctuation or not currently at their best in the comics....and you still could get a lemon.

So, command decision here. We are going with peak. But again, peak really depends on the roll of the dice. With a great roll you are actually going to get that character at their best, with a low roll you don't.

OK, decided. So, Chim...your pick sir.

9. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Chim was gonna pick Post, in case it wasn't, well, obvious.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I hate current items. I mean, to me, what is the point of a comic draft (other than to win)? It's to see what character would win a fight between A and B. When someone says "Annihilus vs. Wolverine," you bet that no matter when it was, even when Wolvie had bone claws, this match was Annihilus with the rod vs. adamantium Wolvie. That's what the match meant. If it was bone claw, then Bone Claw was always specified. If it's Blastaar vs. Mongul, there is no rod and no rings (unless you just did this draft). That's why we had to take 5 million months debating it.

Zemo... I think of Zemo with the moonstones, but that's probably because I jumped in when he had them. And he had them longer than any of this other stuff has been goin on.

Current was easier for my draft, but then again it had more than just American comic characters in it and if we had any questions... Most of us were a phone call away. Maybe current was a bad suggestion for this draft, I'm thinking. More than anything to me, you should the version of the character people think of when people think of the character, and if you want another version, ask the commish. And please ask sometime other than RIGHT BEFORE you pick. And please don't ask for items the char is not known to have. Please. It just ruins the point of using that char to me. And it also makes it harder on people who don't have time to research. I know research should help, but this Eye and Phoenix shard and stuff is nitpicking. This isn't a professional league. It's supposed to be fun.

10. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    This isn't professional.... Durron pack your bags. This is over.

11. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I love you Yak. [face_love]

EDIT: I was aware that Chim wanted Post....and I am cool with that, just want to verify that Post is still who he wants...wouldn't be the first time a pick was reconsidered. Once he confirms we can move on.

12. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Well yes I still want Post. Assuming that we are NOT going with the dumb idea of 'current' power levels as that would make him...well you know... kinda dead.

Either way yeah I will in fact be confirming my order and purchasing of, Post the herald of Onslaught himself, as my team's first pick of the draft.

13. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Got our first trade of the draft. Empire is giving Sasquatch and his 5th round pick to Chim in exchange for Chim's 2nd and 4th round picks.

BaSSiL is on the clock. [face_peace]

Round 1

1. JediGunship - Atom Smasher
    2. Chim (traded from EmpireForever)- Sasquatch
    3. Hokage_Kalar - Hawkgirl/Hawkman
    4. The_Loyal_Imperial - Toxin
    5. Shurron - Atom Eve
    6. Yodaminch - Raven
    7. Chim - Post
    8. BaSSiL - ON THE CLOCK :-B

Round 2

1. BaSSiL
    2. EmpireForever (traded from Chim)
    3. Yodaminch
    4. Shurron
    5. The_Loyal_Imperial
    6. Hokage_Kalar
    7. EmpireForever
    8. JediGunship

Round 3

1. JediGunship
    2. EmpireForever
    3. Hokage_Kalar
    4. The_Loyal_Imperial
    5. Shurron
    6. Yodaminch
    7. Chim
    8. BaSSiL

Round 4

1. BaSSiL
    2. EmpireForever (traded from Chim)
    3. Yodaminch
    4. Shurron
    5. The_Loyal_Imperial
    6. Hokage_Kalar
    7. EmpireForever
    8. JediGunship

Round 5

1. JediGunship
    2. Chim (traded from EmpireForever)
    3. Hokage_Kalar
    4. The_Loyal_Imperial
    5. Shurron
    6. Yodaminch
    7. Chim
    8. BaSSiL

Round 6

1. BaSSiL
    2. Chim
    3. Yodaminch
    4. Shurron
    5. The_Loyal_Imperial
    6. Hokage_Kalar
    7. EmpireForever
    8. JediGunship

[b]The List [/b]
    Ant-Man (Eric O?Grady)
    Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
    Arachne
    Archangel
    Avalanche
    Azrael
    Badrock
    Bane/Ragdoll
    Banshee
    Batgirl/Spoiler
    Beast
    Beast Boy/Cyborg
    Bishop
    Blackfire
    Black Knight
    Black Manta
    Black Mask
    Black Samson
    Black Widow I / Winter Soldier
    Blade
    Blob
    Blockbuster
    Blue Beetle (Dan Garrett)
    Blue Devil
    Boom Boom
    Bullseye
    Callisto
    Captain Boomerang
    Captain Cold
    Chase/Old Lace
    Clayface (specify which)
    Cloak/Dagger
    Daredevil/Elektra
    Darkhawk
    Deadpool/Taskmaster
    Deadshot/Catman
    Doc Samson
    Domino
    Doppelganger
    Dr. Bong
    Elsa Bloodstone
    Green Arrow
    Grunge
    Hawkeye/Patriot
    Husk
    Jubilee
    Karolina Dean/Xavin
    KGBeast
    Killer Croc
    Kingpin
    Klara Prast/Molly Hayes
    Klaw
    Knockout/Scandal
    Lady Deathstrike
    Lady Shiva
    Live Wire
    Lizard
    Luke Cage/Iron Fist
    Magik
    Magma
    Marrow
    Monster Girl/Robot
    Morbius
    Multi-Paul
    Multiple Man
    Mystique
    Nightwing
    Omega Red
    Penance
    Poison Ivy
    Puck
    Pyro
    Ra's Al Ghul
    Red Hood (Jason Todd)
    Red Skull
    Rex Splode
    Rhino
    Sabretooth
    Scarecrow
    Scorpion
    Sentinel (Mutant-hunting robot)
    Shrinking Ray
    Siryn
    Speed/Stature
    Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
    Strong Guy
    Sunspot
    The Punisher
    The Savage Dragon
    The Shapesmith
    The Thing
    Thunderbird (616)
    Titania
    Toad
    Umbra
    Union Jack
    US Agent
    Vandal Savage
    Venom
    Vermin
    Vindicator
    Volcana
    Wasp
    Witchblade

[b]New X-Men [/b]
    Anole
    Dust
    Mercury
    Pixie
    Rockslide
    X-23

[b]Sinister Six [/b]
    Hobgoblin
    Mysterio
    Shocker
    Vulture

[b]Teen Titans [/b]
    Aquagirl
    Bombshell
    Ravager

14. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Man, if it was my pick I know for sure the two I would go with. They would not only be downright deadly, but also uber cool. :cool:

15. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    WHAT?! That was awfully sneaky, I was just gonna post something about the trade but you edited me to it.

Good deal thanks Despised.

16. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    No problem at all.

17. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Yeah, I don't really care about the current/peak debate. Because my first pick's peak is his current. So, yeah.

Also, the fact that I'm really just trying to draft favorites this time around.

SEACATS (Working Title)

[image=http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/4545/745577125warofkingsasce.jpg]
    1. Darkhawk

[image=http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/4311/7678970362dust.jpg] [image=http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/3098/5665290001.jpg]
    2. Dust / X-23

18. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Thanks alot. You ruined it.

19. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I really wish VIP's had unlimited edit ability. [face_frustrated]

20. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Going instead with one of my favorites, The Immortal Iron Fist. And his buddy.

Luke Cage/Iron Fist
    [image=http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/11352/1001134-thunderbolts__137_037a.jpg]

21. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Curse you EF and Chim too for agreeing to that trade. Luke and Iron Fist were my next choice. :p

Ah well, I'll take:

Beast Boy/Cyborg

22. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
  23. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    You know...

24. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    I'm just mad that someone drafted Dust with Pixie. I wanted Pixie Dust so bad!

25. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I think I'll go with the Black Knight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.