main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Comic Book Mini-Draft 1.0 / Rise of the Scrubs - drafting in progress

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Mikaboshi, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Blue Devil.

Sorry, went out of town, thought there would be internet. Oh well.

2. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Still the weekend somewhere I take it? Yuck.

I was hoping to make my next two picks before my few day afk but that is looking slim. Starting tonight/tomorrow I may not be around much for a few days. I have two days of finals and helping my roommate move out and stuff so I am gonna PM my list to Despised sometime later today and put him in charge of my picks.

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Sentinel

4. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Technically I could bump you, but I am not going to even consider it at the moment...for the sake of moving forward I will allow the pick.

EF you are up. [face_peace]

5. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Dr. Henry Jonathan Pym, otherwise known as Wasp.
    [image=http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7666/1073500-henrypymm00.jpg]

I believe you knew this was coming.

Which is why I really take Anole/Pixie.

[image=http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/11768/1135260-prv4493_pg7.jpg]
    [image=http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/5392/193098-119032-pixie.jpg]

6. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
  7. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    And here all this time I thought Wasp was a chick.

So who is up then, Kalar yeah?

8. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    So did I. I'm not going to challenge it, but I do wish Wasp had been labeled somehow to make it clear that Hank was an option instead of Janet.

9. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    He's not an option. He had his own name on the original list, and is therefore a separate entity. Considering we are using the same list, Hank has already been taken.

10. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    So... yeah I missed something again? Did you not really take Wasp or what?

11. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    He took Anole/Pixie.

Wait, you thought the most precise porter this side of Illyana and the awkwardly armored reptile kid were the joke picks?

12. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Honestly, I thought he'd been bumped again and had two in a row. I read that as both picks. :p

13. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Well, Nightcrawler is the most precise porter. Or he was...

14. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I'm sorry Bassil. I don't get your nerdy fan boy jokes, I don't even know what your post meant. Please forgive me, I like to play outside.

Also I am upset I didn't get to take Sentinel, I was looking to close out my team with one. Looking at this list they are actually a decent pick. So who is up?

15. Hokage_Kalar

Hokage_Kalar Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2009
    Is scorpion Scor-venom or whatever. And is Venom Anti Venom. Or is scorpion classic scorpion and venom classic venom. This change has happened a while ago I might add.

16. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Anti-Venom is too powerful for this list.

I read a comic featuring him, and I was immediately knocked out by the stench of odious nonsense from the pages.

17. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    It wasn't really a joke. I was describing the two characters he actually chose. Y'know, the 2nd best long range teleporter on the X-Men (Pixie), and the reptile kid (Anole). That's who they are. It was just a description.

18. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I would say that Scorpion is just classic scorpion, but Venom could be either Brock or Gargan.

I am open to discussion though, if there is a good reason to do otherwise I am willing to modify that.

19. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    In that same vein, why can't Scorpion be Carmilla Black? She's the most recent person running around with that name while Gargan is busy being Venom.

20. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Because woman belong in the kitchen and bedroom, that's why.

21. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Well if Gargan is venom, that means that Venom is the scorpion venom. If Brock is Venom, he's anti-venom. Anti-venom fits with my team better, that's who I want to draft. Since Scorpion is on the list, I assume Scorpion is Gargan. If gargan is venom, then Scorpion could be the venom version of Gargan. Anyway, this is ultra confusing, but can venom be anti-venom?

And anti-venom is not too powerful for this list. This is the reject list anyway. I doubt Anti-venom is beating anyone on my team...

22. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Ok, lets try this then.

Scorpion incarnations allowed: Carmilla Black & Mac Gargan
    Venom incarnations allowed: Gargan and Brock

I am a bit leary about having Anti-Venom, not because I think he is that powerful....more so because we have Venom on our list...not Anti-Venom. If we had Eddie Brock on the list I would say pick what ever version of him you want, but he isn't there.

Hope that makes sense.

Again, absolutely open to discussion on this. Feel free to give input, if a good reason to allow Anti-Venom is made I will let it happen.

23. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    I still contend that Anti-Venom is a different version of Venom. The character, Venom, Eddie Brock, is now Anti-Venom. Anti-Venom is no stronger than Gargan Venom who can lift 40-60 tons. This all happend spring 08 too. Venom as we all know him is Anti-Venom now. This is like if we had Angel on the list. Archangel is Angel, even if someone took the mantle of Angel, Warren Worthington III is who Angel is. Not allowing Anti-Venom is a little steep imo. Also, Gargan Venom is better than Brock Venom, unless fighting spiderman because of the hatred thing. Gargan Venom is faster strong and just better than Brock Venom. Basically, we could have Gargan Venom and Gargan Scorpion being drafted, even on the same team. I know I would draft Gargan Venom over Brock Venom. Not allowing Anti-Venom as Venom is almost cutting out Brock, who is the original Venom anyway.

24. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    No... Adding Anti-Venom is not removing Brock. It's adding Anti-Venom. Brock is the better Venom anyway. Get Brock and keep it movin.

25. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Brock really isn't the better Venom. That's your opinion. Gargan Venom is much stronger. The only way Brock could beat Gargan Venom is with the new strength of Anti-Venom. Besides... Anti-Venom is not nearly as strong as a lot of people on this list. Just because you don't like a character doesn't mean that he isn't as good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.