main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Comic Book MINI Draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Feb 17, 2017.

1. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    X-3... X-3....

Nope, doesn't ring a bell.

Darth Punk likes this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

[​IMG]

destroyer of galaxies < guy with claws

Juliet316 likes this.
  3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  4. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    We Are (Definitely Not) Family (3) vs 108 Years to Get Harry Carayed Away

Nova (Richard Ryder) TRUMPED w/ Drax the Destroyer vs. Hulk (Savage)

Crummy draw for Hulk, though still a great fight I think the trump has just enough to take a W.

Maker (Prepared) vs. Namor

I hate voting against Namor. :(

Swamp Thing vs. Human Torch (Johnn Storm) TRUMPED with Spider-Man (Peter Parker)

Swamp Thing. Peter isn't really all that helpful here and HT doesn't really have enough on his own to put down ST. also, isn't ST able to control elements including fire?

dp4m's Secret Team to fight Inflation (3) vs The Yak's Inferno, Presented by the Daily Bugle (0)

Superman TRUMPED WITH Wonder Woman vs. The Shark
    Invincible (forfeit) vs. Cyborg Superman

Nova TRUMPED WITH Aquaman vs. Dex-Starr (forfeit)

Charybdis Revenge (1) vs Hundred Acre Woods Most Wanted (2)

Mongul vs. Rocket Racoon TRUMPED with Iron Man

Ronan vs. Thor

Close, but it seems like Thor would win the majority.

Black Panther (Prepared) vs Vision

Meh, plot device with kitty toys vs upgraded Vision? I think I'm actually going Vision here. I don't really see Vision starting the fight intangible, he doesn't really ever fight that way. However what tech does BP bring that Vision can't technopathy his way out of? Also, Ultron nanotech upgrade really helped Vision in my book. BP is great and all, but I think he's in over his head a bit here.....barely.

5. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
  6. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Oh crap, I forgot to switch my bold from BP to Vision (I flopped a few times before hitting reply). Just to make it clear, I voted Vision.

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm still voting for the Iron Man/Rocket Trump, based on Punk's amazing argument.

7, 2, 3, 4

We Are (Definitely Not) Family (6) vs 108 Years to Get Harry Carayed Away (0)

Doomsday vs. Emma Frost
    Supergirl vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
    Black Adam vs. Angela
    Drax (forfeit) vs. Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (forfeit) - DRAW

dp4m's Secret Team to fight Inflation (5) vs The Yak's Inferno, Presented by the Daily Bugle (1)

Professor X (forfeit) vs. Thragg
    Wonder Woman (forfeit) vs. Atrocitus (Prepared - Eating a Hamburger)
    Reed Richards (Double-Prep) vs. Juggernaut (forfeit)
    Aquaman (forfeit) vs. Magneto

Charybdis Revenge (2) vs Hundred Acre Woods Most Wanted (4)

Green Lantern (John Stewart) vs. Iron Man (forfeit - Drunk)
    Rachel Summers vs. Moondragon
    Dr Doom (Prepared) vs. John Constantine (Prepared)
    Plutonian vs. Cable (Prepared)

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Just for Inty, here are some extensive and well-reasoned arguments. Brought to you by McDonald's Mighty Wings.

TP does nothing against Doomsday. No thoughts, just murder. Emma gets crushed into sand. Win there.

Supergirl = Superman, Kryptonians > constructs. Win there too.

Adam vs. Angela. Adam can do everything Angela can do, much better and much more ruthlessly. Win there, once more.

peace in the middle east

Mikaboshi and DarthIntegral like this.
  9. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Rachel v Heather and Doom v Constantine. Nice...

Darth Punk and Mikaboshi like this.
  10. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Daily Bugle Headline:

Vitrumites: Alien Menace or Space Contagion?

Darth Punk and heels1785 like this.
  11. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Leans

We Are (Definitely Not) Family (6) vs 108 Years to Get Harry Carayed Away (0)

Doomsday vs. Emma Frost

Supergirl vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Black Adam vs. Angela

Drax (forfeit) vs. Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (forfeit) - DRAW

dp4m's Secret Team to fight Inflation (5) vs The Yak's Inferno, Presented by the Daily Bugle (1)

Professor X (forfeit) vs. Thragg

Wonder Woman (forfeit) vs. Atrocitus (Prepared - Eating a Hamburger)

Reed Richards (Double-Prep) vs. Juggernaut (forfeit)

Aquaman (forfeit) vs. Magneto

Charybdis Revenge (2) vs Hundred Acre Woods Most Wanted (4)

Green Lantern (John Stewart) vs. Iron Man (forfeit - Drunk)

Rachel Summers vs. Moondragon

Dr Doom (Prepared) vs. John Constantine (Prepared)

Plutonian vs. Cable (Prepared)

12. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    This is my argument for Doom vs Constantine - the arguments for my other matches to follow...

In the last round, I'd meant to have Constantine with prep, but didn't realise prepping a trumped team (Stark and Rocket) counted as two.

The reason I picked Constantine for my team is that he is arguably DC's number one badass with prep. You could actually argue that as JC's house of mystery exists outside of time, that he could stretch his 24 hours to a decade of prep time, but I think against Doom, 24 hours suits Hellblazer more than it suits Doom. The beauty of my plan is in its simplicity.

Constantine is going to pull the ultimate con on Doom.

JC will play on Doom's desire to free his mother Cynthia von Doom from Hell, and then trap him there.

JC will manipulate either the first of the fallen, or one of the other two of the triumvirate, or even lucifer himself, to appear at the battlefield with Doom's mum, and will lure Doom into Hell, when he attempts to rescue her.

You know this could happen

13. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    how's he luring the marvel version of anything, exactly? the flaw in that plan is that he's DC... and the DC versions have nothing that doom wants. so good luck with that. and besides, it's doom. it'd be a doombot that constantine would be tricking, while doom's off at subway enjoying a meetball sub.

so... plutonian and cable. plutonian is a low level reality warper, and as he started realizing his powers he became kind of silly at the end of things. he managed to function in the pressure of half of a blackhole's gravity... which i don't see cable being able to exactly touch with his TK. he's also a telepath, which makes life a bit more fun as well, but not in the "normal" sense. he looks at people's brains and can read them, kinda weird, but yea.

oh yes, he also flew around carrying what amounted to a small blackhole to clean up a radiation type that was aimed specifically at hurting his species... which was kind of like his kryptonite if you will, but he still managed to lug around the blackhole equivalent that was cleaning it up... around the entire planet to get all of it. while it was doing kryptonity kind of things to him.

i don't have time to really go into more, but having read the entirety of irredeemable, i don't think he should have been in this draft.

here's two threads for him:

http://aminoapps.com/page/comics/2792186/plutonian-respect-thread

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/plutonian-respect-thread-1574091/

and another interesting site in general, dunno if anyone really wants to use it or not though:

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Plutonian_(Irredeemable)

14. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Weren't reality warping powers outlawed? Just wondering.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  15. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    which is exactly why, when i started reading things, why i said he should have been removed during drafting. no one listened to me. he doesn't have any other powers, everything he does is just a subconscious use of those powers. meaning he isn't actually super strong... he warps reality to make himself super strong. when he hits someone, he warps reality to make them weaker/softer. he survived being stuck at the freaking heat death of the universe, as that was going to be his prison for all the stuff he'd done. dude is really just kind of an absolute freak.

honestly, i don't know what cable's going to do to him.

16. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    We listened, doesn't mean we had to agree with you.

Correct me if I am wrong. Isn't Plutonian unaware of how is power works? He has no real control over what he does other than all the superman stuff? Right? OK, so how is he broken for the draft when he doesn't use his power in a way that is OP here. Also, his "reality warping" is essentially psionic in nature. Psionic? What powers does Cable have? He's an OMEGA level telekinetic....and since being cured of the TO virus by Hope he is once again using telepathy.

I seem to remember a weapon he has as well, one that focuses his power into a deadly psionic attack.

There is also the thing about Plutonian running away from Charybdis, and Charybdis isn't all that impressive. Prep let's Cable know the nature of Plutonian's power, and I think he is almost custom suited to fight a guy like that.....especially when that guy is completely unaware of his specific weakness in this fight and really has no conscious awareness of how to use his powers.

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    prime earth hal jordan is a stoner. prime earth kara is kickass.

mika..

[​IMG]

your mind is now changed.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  18. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Yeah well Doomsday is a stupid character and no one should ever vote for him.

heels1785 likes this.
  19. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    To be fair, Plutonian did learn to do a good deal more than Supes-mimicry at the end, he just never really used it in combat so it's hard to say exactly how good he would be at it. He did seem to learn one skill at a time rather than learning to teach himself on the fly.

To also be fair, Cable has never had sustained use of X-Man level power. He had it for about a yr and a half IRL and I don't think he's ever sustained more than what we've given him in previous drafts.

20. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    plutonian learned to do a lot more than just that, as yak said. pretty much the second half of the series he was capable of doing more than that.

also, the charybadis thing was literally the lowest point in the entire series for him, when he was mentally broken and not exactly on the super vicious i'm killing everything kind of kick. they just didn't end up fighting again, because someone else killed charybadis. at the point that they would have fought again, plutonian could have literally snapped his fingers and popped him like a zit. he also dealt with a lot worse things while fighting his way through a prison that was located in a prison that was housed in a star, because the galaxy was so freaking scared of everything that was in it.

oh, and the whole surviving half the pressure of a blackhole thing? that was his body on autopilot, because he decided he wanted to be lost in a world where he'd fixed everything as opposed to being a monster. it freaked out the race that was using his body to mine something so absurdly toxic that they used really nasty baddies who could endure most of the blackhole pressure to keep them in line. when they tried to make plutonian fall... they went over the redlines on the gravity projector, literally smushing everything else into a paste, and he was still just kinda going on like very little was going on. they then encased him in... something like a blackhole that would keep him completely immobile that was so heavy that the ship that was lugging it literally couldn't sustain itself and kinda blew up after delivering him, and he was completely fine once his mind put itself back together.

he's also had telepaths try to play with his mind and basically ignored it because it was so inconsequential to him.

oh, he's also been hit hard enough that he was knocked through time and it didn't even really register.

but whateves, do whatever you want with him, don't particularly care at this point.

21. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Don't forget that time he itched his left nut, and half the universe turned into a kumquat

22. Wang Chi

Wang Chi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Yak, yer terrible, bruh. Juggernaut, bruh? Scrub, bruh.

23. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005

As far as I can tell the extent of his new powers are one panel showings, never use of it in a combat sense. That isn't a sustained peak. To me at least, he's of one of these guys who has a lot of potential as to what he can do....but never actually lives up to that and doesn't really seem to know how.

He's far from being invincible. He's gotten beat by Charybdis, I don't care if that is his lowest showing it's one of the few times anyone has stood up to him and it instantly shook him and made him run. He's also taken a ruthless beating from a Modeus possessed Bette Noir, some fans say he didn't want to hurt Bette....but I read all the scans of that fight and there is nothing in panel that eludes to that....he was just getting his rear handed to him and he was left bloody and laying in the dirt at the end of it.

The very next time he confronted Bette he killed her. Then again, all that said, he's still a beast. I think there are a number of people in this draft he loses to, at least until he shows some major improvement on how he uses those powers of his.

As to Cable....I am not questioning what version of him we should be using.

Cable no longer has the TO virus...that seems to be a major change in powerset, so should we be using current form? If so, I just read that while Cable can use his TP and TK again it tends to exhaust him and leave him vulnerable. No Bueno.

Which form of Cable should we be using?

I really do think Cable is custom made for this kind of fight, against a user of Psionics who doesn't really know how to use his powers Cable seems to be very dangerous......depending on the version of Cable being used.

24. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005

Corrected.

25. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    To me, with Cable he def wasn't full for 3 plus yrs and removing the virus isn't a change in powers... It's just allowing him to use his current ones more fully. I think most people drafting would assume normal Cable which is why he didn't go really high.

If you do go Omega level, I don't think that 1 fight would come close to burning him out. He was literallt holding up basically a city in the air for over 12 issues while going about his every day activities and fighting. So, there's that.

In Plutonian's defense Charybdis beat him at least partially because he wasn't used to being hit by someone strong. He got a bit better at that later.
    WB Buddy! Wang