main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Comic Book MINI Draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Feb 17, 2017.

1. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Who was it? I could add them if I don't hate them.

I'll get my list together tonight, still looking for some more.

2. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    i considered things like sonic the hedgehog and knuckles, but knuckles wouldn't actually be allowed due to reality bending as his sustained peak so... yea.

and then there's also that this is people picking what they like, so that's going to probably fall within some of the more mainstream stuff that we've had in these drafts.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Hank Pym (non-Ultron).

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'll happily pretend you said that and not plastic man

5. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    so, i'll ask again really quick, is this using the new 52, or the older stuff?

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    lol, no.

[​IMG]

7. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    drat, just thinking about it, i wish i'd put cassandra nova xavier on there... oh well.

assuming that lists are kind of static at this point? because if not, i'd totally drop wonder man for CNX.

8. a star war

May 4, 2016
    I don't know what happened to the font here but here are my adds and objections (just anyone I have a problem with and if I was voting I would vote them out of the tribe). Adds in blue objections in red.

Absorbing Man (I don't like these kinds of powers which vary so wildly. No one is drafting Absorbing Man, they're drafting a potential adamantium man, or whatever and I don't like that)
    Allen the Alien (not sure of his current state but last I saw him he was yawning at Viltrumites, so depending on what you think of them that might be a problem. Then again Thragg is also on here)
    Amadeus Cho
    America Chavez (Marvel)
    Angela (Marvel. There's a better grasp on her Marvel abilities, I think. The Spawn stuff is so out there)
    Apocalypse
    Aquaman
    Ares (Marvel)
    Atricitous
    Battling Boy (by Paul Pope)(recommend allowing the GM to pick a t-shirt when sending in numbers)
    Batman (Bruce Wayne)
    Beta Ray Bill
    Best Tiger (Image)
    Black Alice (sure let's throw in a character with documented Spectre level power stealing that's a nice idea)
    Black Adam
    Blue Beetle
    Black Bolt
    Black Knight (Dane Whitman)
    Black Panther
    Black Widow
    Boy Blue (Fables)
    Cable
    Captain America (Steve Rogers)
    Captain America (Sam Wilson)
    Captain Cold
    Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
    Captain Marvel (Billy Batson)
    Carnage
    Clea (Marvel) are we serious? are you playing games with me?
    Colossus (Marvel)
    Conquest
    Corsair (Marvel)
    Cyborg
    Cyborg Superman (no rings, still kind of op)
    Cyclops (Marvel)
    Deadpool
    Death's Head
    Deathstroke
    Dex-Starr
    Doomsday (I don't even know where to begin)
    Dr. Doom
    Doctor Fate
    Dr. Strange
    Dr. Voodoo (I mean...come on. this is a joke and someone is playing a joke that's the only explanation. I know Voo Doo doesn't have the same documentation as the other two but he's only on here because of Sorcerer Supreme status let's be honest, and that's going to be the argument all day and no one's going to bother doing anything about these magicians and they're just going to get called any everyone is going to say "magic!" and that's basically that. I have strong objections to all of them is all I'm saying)
    Echo (Maya Lopez)
    Emma Frost
    Engineer (Angela Spica)
    Etrigan the Demon
    Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond) (matter manipulation might as well be magic at the level he's capable of. No thanks, basically. Are we having fights or are we just trying to rock, paper, scissors every round?)
    Forge (his power is actually plot device. That's his power. Come on. I don't want to judge that, you don't want to judge that. Come on. He's not that powerful I guess but come on).
    Gamora (Marvel)
    Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes)
    Gladiator (Marvel)
    Green Arrow
    Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)
    Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
    Green Lantern (John Stewart)
    Green Lantern (Kilowog)
    Hercules
    Holocaust (I'm just hearing the arguments in my head already and I don't like them)
    Hulk
    Human Torch (Johnny Storm)
    Invincible
    Invisible Woman (Sue Storm)
    Iron Fist
    Iron Man (Tony Star)
    Jade (DC Comics)
    John Constantine (I love John Constantine he's great good stuff but we know why he's here and I can't say "sure keep John Constantine" and "get rid of magic" at the same time so).
    Juggernaut (just pointing out that there are some versions of Juggernaut which aren't annoying headaches for judges and that could be a thing to go with)
    Kaiden (I don't even know what her powers mean but if you're drafting a character whose powers it is is to summon other characters why not just add those other characters? Do I even have the right character? Or is this the marvel character that is in like five issues?)
    Kalibak (I mean I have no reason to object except that I hate him I just want to know why you would add him)
    Lex Luthor
    Loki (on principle)
    Luke Cage
    Lyssa Drak
    Machine Man
    Magik
    Maker (Ultimate Reed)
    Magneto
    Mantis (Marvel)
    Martian Manhunter
    Max Damage
    Medusa (Inhumans)
    MODOK (sure, it's a big head it's funny but no actually it's very annoying and powerful and I don't want to think about it)
    Mogul (Yellow Lantern)
    Molecule Man (lol)
    Moondragon
    Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards)
    Mr. Sinister
    Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)
    Namor
    Nightcrawler (AoA)
    Nightwing
    Nitro (Frank Simpson)
    Nova (Richard Rider)
    Nova (Sam Alexander)
    Omni-man
    Orion
    Parasite (Just)
    Power Girl
    Plastic Man (is this ever a good idea?)
    Professor Xavier
    Psylocke
    Quicksilver
    Rachel Summers (how about we don't add the phoenix force howboudah?)
    Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross)
    Red Skull
    Red Sonja (Dynamite Comics)
    Rocket Raccoon
    Rogue
    Ronan the Accuser
    Rom the Spaceknight
    Scarlet Spider (Kaine)
    Sebastian Shaw
    Selene
    Sentry (Sure why not let's add the Living Tribunal while we're at it and the inbetweener that's fun)
    Shadowcat
    Shang Chi (Marvel)
    She Hulk
    Silk
    Silver Surfer
    Sinestro
    Spartan (Wildstorm)
    Spider-man (Peter Parker)
    Spider-man (Miles Morales)
    Spider-man 2099
    Spider-woman (Jessica Drew)
    Spider-Gwen
    Static
    Steel
    Storm
    Stryfe
    Supergirl
    Superman
    Super Skrull
    Swamp thing
    Squirrel Girl
    Talisman (stop this)
    Terra
    The Darkness
    Thragg
    The Lizard
    The Shark (Karshon)
    The Plutonian
    Thing (Ben Grimm)
    Thor
    Tony Chu (Chew)
    Venom (Eddie Brock)
    Vision
    Vulcan (you want psionics this powerful? I mean I dunno)
    Wasp (Nadia Pym)
    Witchblade
    Wonder Man
    Wolverine
    Wonder Woman
    X-23 (Marvel)
    Zatanna (probably the least offensive but, I think I missed Magik up there but you get the idea)
    Zealot (Wildstorm)
    Zoom (If flash isn't happening this certainly isn't happening)

I would also basically block every telepath that either does nothing else (like Xavier) or also has a bunch of other high level abilities (Stryfe) but then I'm a fun killer and people don't get their instant wins.

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    FYI, I had assumed it was the non-Phoenix Rachel Summers. :p

Also, in regards to Clea, isn't she hugely depowered outside of her own dimension? (so, yes, I was playing a trick?)

PS - if you're eliminating magic as a skillset, you left Magik.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  10. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Blame the font on Yak. :p

At this pace we won't have a draft. :p

To magic in general. Magic works if you remove the reality warping/time travel arguments, there are plenty of characters that have natural resistances to magic and can take down someone like Dr. Strange....honestly it's not like he did that well the last time around. As long as we don't judge them at god-level unsustainable peaks there isn't much of an issue.

I'll add my thoughts, agree on some disagree on others.

Absorbing Man: He's a brick, physically and mentally. That is about it, it works in his favor but most of the time he seems to screw it up for himself. That's kind of how he gets judged here as well, we've never had an issue with him that I recall.

Allen the Alien: I haven't liked Allen for a draft or two anyway, I am in favor of removing him as well.

Angela: Agreed, marvel is far easier to judge for her.

Black Alice: Agreed, remove.

Clea: I'm in agreement on Clea.

Cyborg Superman: Agreed.

Doomsday: If we find an agreed upon version of him I am ok, most forms seem completely OP though.

Dr. Strange: Depends on where we neuter him at, full power Strange is out though.

Dr. Fate: He's always been kind of meh, the joke is that he is Dr. Strange lite, he's fine in my book.

Dr. Voodoo: I'm not really vested in him either way, just a name that was put on a list. I can take him or leave him.

Firestorm: minus the reality manipulation is fine, I'm ok either way on this one.

Forge: Agreed.

Holocaust: He doesn't get a lot of respect in the drafts, I have no concerns with him.

John Constantine: Don't have an opinion either way.

Juggernaut: Agreed. We generally use a toned down version.

Kalibak: Only added to counterbalance Orion.

Loki: Depends on what we do with all the other magic users, if all the rest are gone so should he. I don't see the need for it, but ok with whatever.

MODOK: Not really concerned about him.

Molecule Man: Out.

Parasite: He's mildly annoying, but not a problem.

Rachel Summers: We don't give her full Phoenix Force.

Sentry: At this point, I agree.

Talisman: Hasn't been an issue in the past, but ok either way.

Vulcan: Slightly OP for this list, but ok either way.

Zatanna: Agreed, out.

Zoom and Flashes: I agree, too much crazy stuff going on.

11. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    so, my question about allen the alien, would anyone take him over superman in a fight? if the answer is no, i don't see the issue.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Mikaboshi likes this.
  13. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    If he's judged properly he should stomp Superman, he basically immune to everything at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I don't like characters we have to neuter. It's too hard to know where to do it, what abilities to take away, etc. The GM thinks he's drafting a great dane and ends up with a poodle.

Don't even get me started on Strange. It's best to have him gone.

Absorbing Man: He's a brick, physically and mentally. That is about it, it works in his favor but most of the time he seems to screw it up for himself. That's kind of how he gets judged here as well, we've never had an issue with him that I recall.

I guess he's okay for the list. I mean he's a virtual auto-loss in individuals but he can lock down a top pick when considered in teams. My opinion anyway.

Allen the Alien: I haven't liked Allen for a draft or two anyway, I am in favor of removing him as well. Agreed

Angela: Agreed, marvel is far easier to judge for her. Seems about right

Black Alice: Agreed, remove. But she's so fun... Okay...

Clea: I'm in agreement on Clea. I'm not aware of this person.

Cyborg Superman: Agreed. Is he more OP than Surfer? I mean, you could argue it either way I guess. But our villains in this draft tend to suck so good ones are hard to come by as is...

Doomsday: If we find an agreed upon version of him I am ok, most forms seem completely OP though. 1st version? That one was about equal to Supes.

Dr. Strange: Depends on where we neuter him at, full power Strange is out though. Just out.

Dr. Fate: He's always been kind of meh, the joke is that he is Dr. Strange lite, he's fine in my book. Yeah we've never had any problem with him before.

Dr. Voodoo: I'm not really vested in him either way, just a name that was put on a list. I can take him or leave him. That

Firestorm: minus the reality manipulation is fine, I'm ok either way on this one. Agreed

Forge: Agreed. Did we have a problem with Forge? Richards is a plot device too. Iono, don't particularly care.

Holocaust: He doesn't get a lot of respect in the drafts, I have no concerns with him. No. No he doesn't.

John Constantine: Don't have an opinion either way. I heard of him.

Juggernaut: Agreed. We generally use a toned down version. Yeah, the one who inexplicably loses to Hulk in these.

Kalibak: Only added to counterbalance Orion. In weight?

Loki: Depends on what we do with all the other magic users, if all the rest are gone so should he. I don't see the need for it, but ok with whatever. He's not as OP as some of the others. We've never had a problem with him.

MODOK: Not really concerned about him. MODOK

Molecule Man: Out. Very far out.

Parasite: He's mildly annoying, but not a problem. Agreed

Rachel Summers: We don't give her full Phoenix Force. She's strong enough with 0 Phoenix Force.

Sentry: At this point, I agree. Yah. And he was heavy toned down in WWH

Talisman: Hasn't been an issue in the past, but ok either way. Has anyone actually beat her in the comics? Iono, fine either way

Vulcan: Slightly OP for this list, but ok either way. I never thought he was that great.

Zatanna: Agreed, out. Byes

Zoom and Flashes: I agree, too much crazy stuff going on. YEET

15. a star war

May 4, 2016
    " But our villains in this draft tend to suck so good ones are hard to come by as is..."

The majority of the list was selected by the players. Obviously they had no interest in adding more villains, so I don't really feel the need to give the team that decides to go villain a bunch of inflated picks. There are many powerful villains which usually take on entire teams of heroes, and I think Crenshaw is capable of doing that.

"Holocaust: He doesn't get a lot of respect in the drafts, I have no concerns with him. No. No he doesn't."

from what I can tell the argument is basically that he's the Juggernaut basically and nothing can break his shell and even if you can you can't do anything to his gaseous form anyway. So just because he hasn't previously gotten respect doesn't seem like a great reason to keep him? I don't know.

16. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Oh, the villains comment referred to historically more than this one. I haven't really paid attention to the distribution this time.

Well, Holo is nowhere near Juggs durability. Exodus broke his shell. if I recall correctly, the source of disrespect was the idea that once it was broken he was basically done, which wasn't right. But I thought he was pretty well at the level of respect he deserved by the last couple drafts, if I recall correctly.

17. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Alright, let's do this. dp4m is on the clock. 24 hours to pick. As soon as the pick is made, the next person is on the clock. If someone reaches 24 hours without picking, they will be bumped, however, wait for the commish (that's me) to bump them. If you're on the clock next, just PM me your pick, and I'll post it when I bump them. Just, you know, try not to get bumped.

As always, feel free to PM picks ahead of time to me. Trades will not be available until the 7th round. That's right. I want you to pick at least six characters before you trade any picks away. All trades will need my approval.

Round 1:

1) dp4m
    2) cubman987
    3) MandaloreYak
    4) A Blind Prophet
    5) Darth Punk
    6) heels1785

Round 2:

1) heelsy
    2) Punk
    3) ABP
    4) MandaloreBison
    5) KyleSchwarberSucks247
    6) dp

And ... the draftable list:

Absorbing Man
    Amadeus Cho
    America Chavez (Marvel)
    Angela (Marvel)
    Apocalypse
    Aquaman
    Ares (Marvel)
    Atricitous
    Banshee (Sean Cassidy)
    Battling Boy (by Paul Pope)
    Batman (Bruce Wayne)
    Beta Ray Bill
    Best Tiger (Image)
    Black Adam
    Black Tom Cassidy
    Blue Beetle
    Black Bolt
    Black Knight (Dane Whitman)
    Black Panther
    Black Widow
    Boy Blue (Fables)
    Cable
    Captain America (Steve Rogers)
    Captain America (Sam Wilson)
    Captain Cold
    Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
    Captain Marvel (Billy Batson)
    Carnage
    Colossus (Marvel)
    Conquest
    Corsair (Marvel)
    Cyborg
    Cyborg Superman (no rings)
    Cyclops (Marvel)
    Cypher
    Daredevil
    Deadpool
    Death's Head
    Deathstroke
    Dex-Starr
    Doomsday (Death of Superman Era)
    Drax the Destroyer
    Dr. Doom
    Dr. Strange (Marvel 1602)
    Echo (Maya Lopez)
    Emma Frost
    Engineer (Angela Spica)
    Etrigan the Demon
    Flash (Jay Garrick)
    Gamora (Marvel)
    Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes)
    Gladiator (Marvel)
    Green Arrow
    Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)
    Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
    Green Lantern (John Stewart)
    Green Lantern (Kilowog)
    Groot
    Hank Pym
    Hercules
    Holocaust (Pre-M'Kraan Crystals)
    Hulk (Choose Incarnation; World Breaker Not Allowed)
    Human Torch (Johnny Storm)
    Invincible
    Invisible Woman (Sue Storm)
    Iron Fist
    Iron Man (Tony Star)
    J Jonah Jameson
    Jade (DC Comics)
    James "Bucky" Barnes
    John Constantine
    Joker
    Juggernaut (Pre-2000 Levels)
    Kalibak
    Kingpin
    Lady Sif
    Lex Luthor
    Loki
    Luke Cage
    Lyssa Drak
    Machine Man
    Magik
    Maker (Ultimate Reed)
    Magneto
    Mantis (Marvel)
    Martian Manhunter
    Max Damage
    Medusa (Inhumans)
    MODOK
    Mogul (Yellow Lantern)
    Moondragon
    Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards)
    Mr. Sinister
    Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)
    Namor
    Nightcrawler (AoA)
    Nightwing
    Nitro (Frank Simpson)
    Nova (Richard Rider)
    Nova (Sam Alexander)
    Number One Fan (Rick Chalker)
    Omni-man
    Orion (No Use of Mother Box)
    Otto Von Doom (Marvel 1602)
    Phil Coulson (Earth 616)
    Power Girl
    Professor Xavier
    Psylocke
    Quicksilver
    Rachel Summers (No Phoenox Force)
    Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross)
    Red Skull
    Red Sonja (Dynamite Comics)
    Rocket Raccoon
    Rogue
    Ronan the Accuser
    Rom the Spaceknight
    Scarlet Spider (Kaine)
    Scott Lang
    Sebastian Shaw
    Selene
    Shadowcat
    Shang Chi (Marvel)
    She Hulk
    Silk
    Silver Surfer
    Sinestro
    Sir Nicholas Fury (Marvel 1602)
    Spartan (Wildstorm)
    Spider-man (Peter Parker)
    Spider-man (Miles Morales)
    Spider-man 2099
    Spider-woman (Jessica Drew)
    Spider-Gwen
    Static
    Steel
    Storm
    Strong Guy
    Stryfe
    Supergirl
    Superman
    Super Skrull
    Swamp thing
    Talisman
    Terra
    The Darkness
    Thragg
    The Lizard
    The Shark (Karshon)
    The Spider (Peter Parquah, Marvel 1602)
    The Plutonian
    Thing (Ben Grimm)
    Thor
    Tony Chu (Chew)
    Venom (Eddie Brock)
    Vision
    Vulcan (DC Comics Version)
    Wasp (Nadia Pym)
    Witchblade
    Wonder Man
    Wolverine
    Wonder Woman
    X-23 (Marvel)
    Zatanna
    Zealot (Wildstorm)

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I've... I've never had first pick before...

19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    It's because you don't deserve it. But you could get 1% of respect back with me if you select J. Jonah Jameson first overall.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  20. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I'm trading my 1st 6 picks to Heels for future considerations and cash.

heels1785 likes this.
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I accept, and as a show of good faith, I will return Wayne Simmonds to you in our fantasy hockey league.

Pleasure, as always.

22. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    so... is there any chance i could get my question answered concerning DC characters? DarthIntegral is this new 52? crisis era? what?

23. a star war

May 4, 2016
    It's the number one pick. You take Number One Fan and move on.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm going to be boring, and pick...

1) Silver Surfer

cubman987 is up next.

PS - What's up with Doctor Strange and Marvel 1602?

a star war likes this.
  25. a star war

May 4, 2016
    I'm not the boss but I was thinking Prime Earth by default. I don't know if that's right but it does lead me to an additional question:

Can people still take alternate versions of people or was that just for adding them?

Speaking of that, I'd also like to take this time to point out that no one ever actually added Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards of Earth-616). Only The Maker specifically was added.