main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Comic Book MINI Draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    What a shame the dolphins aren't playing
    [​IMG]

dp4m and DarthIntegral like this.
  2. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Oof - nice round heels1785. My triple trump punt failed, so that's two upcoming forfeits to you. Got my work cut out now. Hopefully one of those is Black Adam, and I can take it to teams.

And what a round this is....

Best of luck, Chief

heels1785 likes this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Same to you, Captain Planet!

Darth Punk likes this.
  4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

If he's Captain Planet, then he's this version...

[​IMG]

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    BTW, thanks for giving us Cable vs Stryfe.

Which is being topped next round

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Rocket vs. Drax/Nova, I hope. :p

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I mean, this round is amazing to begin with, and that's after Thor/BRB.

Cable/Stryfe
    Constantine/Swamp Thing

And I'm amused by Loki/SM+WW since Loki will at first think that Superman has the same moral code that Captain America does... but Wonder Woman really, really doesn't...

We still got a shot at Reed v. Doom. I'm hopeful!

8. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Leans. Not sure at all on Stryfe vs Cable or PG vs Estrogen. Loki prepared I'd vote for him, but doubting he could defeat both WW and Superman especially when WW actually has some legit magical resistance.

Arguments on those would be nice.

We Are (Definitely Not) Family (1) vs. Hundred Acre Woods Most Wanted (2)

Stryfe vs. Cable (Prepared)

Maker (preapred) vs. Amadeus Cho

Swamp Thing vs. John Constantine (Prepared)

dp4m's Secret Team to fight Inflation (2) vs. Charybdis Revenge

Nova TRUMPED with Aquaman vs. Green Lantern (John Stewart)

Superman TRUMPED with Wonder Woman vs. Loki

Aquaman (forfeit, watching reruns of The Superman/Aquaman Hour of Adventure) vs. Magik

108 Years to Get Harry Carayed Away (1) vs. The Yak's Inferno, Presented by the Daily Bugle (2)

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) vs. Juggernaut

Power Girl vs. Etrigan

Zatanna vs. Atrocitus (forfeit)

Darth Punk likes this.
  9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Wait, wait, wait... DarthIntegral are we getting THE Yak vs. Cubman matchup that would be the most hilarious of all time?

10. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I think we are.

How, exactly, does Hal beat Juggernaut?

dp4m likes this.
  11. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    He dates his 13 year old sister

12. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Gas

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    But Batman isn't there?

14. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    How does juggernaut beat Hal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Cable (PREP) vs Stryfe

Firstly let's clear up this matter...

"Cable was telekinetically preoccupied by using his power to inhibit the progression of his body’s techno-organic virus throughout his body, and this was a process that required constant attention. With the solution to this problem through his merger with a techno-organic embryo, however, this function is no longer necessary, leaving him totally free to concentrate his telekinetic powers on other things."

SOURCE: http://marvel.com/universe/Cable

So, I've actually spent the last 24 hours monstering through X-Cutioner's Song, Father and Son, and Messiah War. There's no doubt that Stryfe is the more powerful of the two in these stories, but at the time Cable did have the TO virus to contend with. Bearing in mind the TO virus is no longer an issue and that their TK and TP are now on par, I've taken a few screen shots that show why Cable will now have the edge in a one-on-one.

Cable is the more focused and disciplined fighter of the two. He was Apoc's original "Chosen One" as a host for Apoc. Stryfe was taken by mistake, and his training was cut short, and he was abandoned by Apoc, because as a mere clone, he was considered an "unworthy host". Stryfe is a very damaged individual with "daddy issues".
    [​IMG]

A point backed up by Sinister in Father and Son. He referred to Stryfe as a "pale side effect" in comparison to Cable.
    [​IMG]

Cable's tech

As well as currently having full use of his TK/TP abilities, Cable has stash houses full of Apoc-level alien tech. Therefore, because he has prep, and Stryfe does not, he's going to be armed to the teeth.
    [​IMG]

Stryfe's Equipment

I'd initially thought that Stryfe's elaborate armor containing some types of TP inhibitors, but it doesn't, and isn't much more than a standard decorative type. You can tell by the way it nearly always comes off during battle. This is backed up by this:

Armor: Stryfe almost always wore a suit of armor constructed of an unnamed light, but highly durable, alloy from his time that helped render him even more resistant to physical forms of injury.

SOURCE: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Stryfe_(Earth-4935)

Overall, Stryfe is the more confused, emotionally damaged of the two. Cable has shown time and again to have the higher end feats, and that he has had better overall training and experience with his powers.

Did I mention he has PREP edge?

17. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    John Constantine (PREP) vs Swamp Thing
    Can I just kill this of quickly, and point out that Constantine has the ability to cut off Swamp Thing's access to The Green, and has used it on him before.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fun Fact - did you know that Constantine let Swamp Thing use his body to have sex with his girlfriend before?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What a thoroughly decent chap Constantine is. As for Swamp Thing, what a filthy perv.

dp4m likes this.
  18. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Oops, forgot to add the scan proving Cable has Apoc level alien tech
    [​IMG]

For good measure, here's Cable at full power breaking Silver Surfer's board (I think he was also levitating an entire city at the same time).
    [​IMG]

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    You're working too hard.

Darth Punk likes this.
  20. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    [​IMG]

dp4m and heels1785 like this.
  21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    It's a weekday, though I still don't know which day it is for you people... do we need further arguments (or any arguments) on some of these matches, or are we good to judge before I'm locked in a plane again for 24 hours on Saturday (your Friday + Saturday)? :p

22. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
  23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    a star war Mikaboshi

I have to take two flights today (yay, a there and back built into a trip!) - think you can judge while I do that?

Mikaboshi likes this.
  24. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    We Are (Definitely Not) Family (1) vs. Hundred Acre Woods Most Wanted (2)

I really would have liked more discussion here, but to sum it up even though Stryfe has more power (currently) than Cable....I don't see anyone better suited to taking out Stryfe than a prepared Cable.

Superman TRUMPED with Wonder Woman vs. Loki: I'd give it to Loki if he was prepared, think it is close even without the prep though.

Aquaman (forfeit, watching reruns of The Superman/Aquaman Hour of Adventure) vs. Magik

108 Years to Get Harry Carayed Away (1) vs. The Yak's Inferno, Presented by the Daily Bugle (2)

Alright so not sure how either one beats the other. In these situations I always tend to lean towards the one with more options, and since Jugg isn't all that versatile offensively I just see him being 100% on the defense. Not sure how he even gets any kind of offense moving at all against Hal, Hal won't even be in reach of Jugg....grounded, dumb, and slow characters just aren't that impressive to me.

Power Girl vs. Etrigan : Barely, but I'll give it to him because magic doesn't mix well with Kryptonians.

25. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Sorry for the delay here.

Being prepared doesn't make him more powerful than Stryfe, and what can he do with this prep to counter Stryfe? That kind of just levels the playing field more, but I don't think it overcomes the gap.

Maybe not as clear cut, but still easy enough.

Superman TRUMPED with Wonder Woman vs. Loki

I want to vote Loki.

Power Girl vs. Etrigan :

Darth Punk likes this.