main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Comic Book MINI Draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Feb 17, 2017.

1. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Was wondering about the PG vs Etrigan one. Toss up to me.

Juggernaut probably needs to get legal representation at this point.

Darth Punk and heels1785 like this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    teeing me up? i accept

[​IMG]

Juliet316 and MandaloreYak like this.
  3. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Literally was searching for a pic of him!

heels1785 likes this.
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    too slow, jethro!

5. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    You made an already rare good day better!

heels1785 likes this.
  6. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Oh ****, a tie breaker.

But, we've already established earlier that Cable no longer has the TO virus, so there is no gap (apart from Stryfe being a pale imitation, who's less emotionally stable, less educated in his powers, with less experience.)

Regarding prep here's more official word from Marvel...

SOURCE: http://marvel.com/universe/Cable

Cable possesses an intellect that may be on par with that of Reed Richards, which may be superhuman. He is also in possession of an education provided by the Clan Askani, which is far in advance of 20th – 21st century Earth-616 conventional education, especially in the sciences.

Also, because he spent years living, (and fighting) while simultaneously focussing a portion of his powers inwards to stave of the TO virus:

His entire CNS (Central Nervous System) has been augmented by chemical changes down to the atomic level and by biocomputer enhancement, rendering his reaction time far above what is possible for a Human being (i.e. Stryfe).

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Close match. I'm not convinced either way, so I'm going to not overthink it, and just trust my gut. Cable.

Close it out with 10, 9, 1, 8

We Are (Definitely Not) Family (2) vs. Hundred Acre Woods Most Wanted (4)

Supergirl vs. Martian Manhunter
    Black Adam vs. Kilowog (forfeit, watching his terrible movie)
    Nova (Richard Ryder) TRUMPED with Drax vs. Vision (forfeit)
    Drax (forfeit) vs. Black Bolt (forfeit)

dp4m's Secret Team to fight Inflation (4) vs. Charybdis Revenge (2)

Silver Surfer vs. The Plutonian
    Wonder Woman (forfeit) vs. Ronan
    Reed Richards (Double Prepared) vs. Dr Doom (Prepared)
    Invicible (forfeit) vs. Captain Marvel (Billy Batson)

108 Years to Get Harry Carayed Away (3) vs. The Yak's Inferno, Presented by the Daily Bugle (3)

Human Torch (forfeit) vs. Apocalpse (forfeit)
    Emma Frost vs. Cyborg Superman
    Namor vs. The Shark (forfeit)

And, now, the main event of the evening. The greatest match in the history of Comic Book Draft. In any draft, potentially, I can only think of one fight that rivals it in all my years of participating in drafts.

[​IMG]

Spider-Man (Double Prepared) vs. J Jonah Jameson (Double Prepared)

8. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    That's frikkin beautiful

dp4m likes this.
  9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    MandaloreYak - I hereby do formally request that you do a theater for the Main Event.

dp4m and MandaloreYak like this.
  10. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Leans

We Are (Definitely Not) Family (2) vs. Hundred Acre Woods Most Wanted (4)

Supergirl vs. Martian Manhunter
    Black Adam vs. Kilowog (forfeit, watching his terrible movie)
    Nova (Richard Ryder) TRUMPED with Drax vs. Vision (forfeit)
    Drax (forfeit) vs. Black Bolt (forfeit)

dp4m's Secret Team to fight Inflation (4) vs. Charybdis Revenge (2)

Silver Surfer vs. The Plutonian
    Wonder Woman (forfeit) vs. Ronan
    Reed Richards (Double Prepared) vs. Dr Doom (Prepared)
    Invicible (forfeit) vs. Captain Marvel (Billy Batson)

108 Years to Get Harry Carayed Away (3) vs. The Yak's Inferno, Presented by the Daily Bugle (3)

Human Torch (forfeit) vs. Apocalpse (forfeit)
    Emma Frost vs. Cyborg Superman
    Namor vs. The Shark (forfeit)

And, now, the main event of the evening. The greatest match in the history of Comic Book Draft. In any draft, potentially, I can only think of one fight that rivals it in all my years of participating in drafts.

[​IMG]

Spider-Man (Double Prepared) vs. J Jonah Jameson (Double Prepared)

I'll wait to reveal my lean for this one

11. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Shame about Reed having double prep. dp4m you should drop one prep and argue it out

MandaloreYak likes this.
  12. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Super busy but I definitely have to get something up for this!

Darth Punk likes this.
  13. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    We can wait

14. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
  15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

[​IMG]

Mikaboshi likes this.
  16. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    surely his multiple stints of red lantern training will ready him for combat. surely

18. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Perhaps
    [​IMG]

Mikaboshi and Juliet316 like this.
  19. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Aiming to get to this today!
    This isn't the first time I've said something like that, is it?

Mikaboshi likes this.
  20. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Daily Bugle EXPOSE: Spider-Man, Crooked Officials to Blame For Ohio State Rose Bowl Victory

[​IMG]

In an absolute miscarriage of American justice, that menace, the pesky neighborhood Spider-Man, has committed his most dastardly deed to date. Altering the course of human history for the definitive and absolute worst, that creepy, slimy wall-crawler has webbed up a victory for THE Ohio State University over the animal-friendly, cuter, more cuddly and generally overall well-liked (2nd only to the Daily Bugle-Endorsed Michigan Wolverines). In a game in which it was, as per usual, the opponents of THE Ohio State University who played fair, there was, quite ironically, FOWL play against the ducks, in the form of that vicious, illegal, most-likely-Columbus-born, Spider-Man!

To be sure, even by his standards, the web-slinging weirdo has been on quite a roll even by his insidious standards. It was only a little over a month ago that he single-handedly caused a massive brawl in a small family's apartment, which was thankfully ended by the courage of the great and all-powerful John Constantine turning several of the combatants into ooze, but not before an innocent child, confused in the midst of the Spider-induced fray, shot his own eye out with a gun gifted to him no doubt for that very purpose by that amiss arachnid.

[​IMG]

Not content with causing damage to humans, he then brought his juvenile co-nincompoop the Human Torch in on a crime against nature itself, attacking the peaceful and endangered Swamp Thing. The Greenpeace lawsuit is still ongoing, as for some reason the Fantastic 4 have gotten legal aid and even extended their lawyer's services to that nefarious masked ninny.

It wasn't long before Spider-Man, now no doubt feeling invincible after beating such an ironclad case, teamed up with Captain Marvel- Yes, THAT Captain Marvel who violently slew Iron Man despite his many contributions to the local economy through liquor purchases- as well as Darth Vader to attack Princess Leia on Hoth! Thankfully, Rachel Summers, atoning for her own past servitude of Apocalypse, who no doubt was being influenced himself by Spider-Man behind it all, which is pending investigation... Thankfully, she was there to make him forgot his plans and leave Hoth in peace.
    [​IMG]

Spider-Man then committed the worst of his atrocities to date, arriving on Pride Rock and finding absolutely no resistance:

HE KILLED MUFASA
    [​IMG]

I, J Jonah Jameson, along with the entire Daily Bugle Staff, are calling for swift legal action, as well as a review of this game, in which Spider-Man himself was allowed to score the winning touchdown for THE Ohio State University despite clearly being the 12th man on the field! Overturn this play, and rule against this heinous hoodlum once and for all!

Spider-Man's Defense:
    [​IMG]

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    the all powerful john constantine

yes

great job old buddy

Mikaboshi, dp4m and MandaloreYak like this.
  22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Worth the price of admission right there.

23. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

Mikaboshi and MandaloreYak like this.
  24. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    If it pleases the court, I only drafted him in the eleventh round because someone had already scooped Talisman in the first.

Also, MandaloreYak

Mikaboshi and heels1785 like this.
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Tee hee. Yeah, bit of a gap in value there.

Mikaboshi and Darth Punk like this.