main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Comic Book MINI Draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    shame. you'll just have to wait for the summer's re-runs.

MandaloreYak and DarthIntegral like this.
  2. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

Since dp already beat me, here's the next best thing:

[​IMG]

Also, dp is not a chicken. In fact if you asked him, I'm sure he'd say:

[​IMG]

Darth Punk and dp4m like this.
  3. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    At least you don't have to work with me, and get unwanted texts when you're just minding your own business.

4. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    4 - Final Fantasy VI - Doma Castle (after it's been poisoned and emptied)

Superman TRUMPED with Wonder Woman vs. Cable (Prepared)

There are specific reasons that I’ve selected Cable to fight with prep at Doma Castle.

1) One of Cable’s lesser known, but more impressive feats is his technopathy of which there is his ability to process electronic information. This came about in the Cable and Deadpool series “Bosom Buddies”.

Through a device called the Dominus Objective, Cable is able to essentially access, absorb, and store the internet into his databanks, and process that information to predict the future.

Bear with me, but the scans explain it in more detail, and I feel I need to add them all to highlight what significant edge he has over Supes and WW with regards to the battlefield he will be fighting on.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2) Cable can use his prep time and technopathy to add other abilities to aid him in-fight. He can work his way to the throne room and pick up all the magic potions and elixirs along the way to picking up the Alexander magicite.

Alexander magicite teaches spells such as Esuna, Protect, Shell, Dispel, and Holy; not to mention that it can use Divine Judgment to hit all enemies with Holy-based damage. This variety of magic can mute damage inflicted on the user, increase your damage on them, and Divine Judgement inflicts Holy-elemental damage on all enemies.

SOURCE: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Divine_Judgment_(ability)

5. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Superman and WW are morally good heroes of the highest order – Cable is of a more ruthless variety. Also with prep on his side, he has the drop on them. With that in mind...

Superman’s weakness to mind control

In Superman: Sacrifice Supes succumbs to Max Lord’s mind control, as is made to believe that WW is actually Doomsday (who has just murdered Lois).
    Superman can (for a capable telepath) be easily turned on WW as these scans show. Note, that WW can only stop this attack by buying time to take down Max Lord. Cable is much more than Max, in that he can join in with Supes attack.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wonder woman is not without weakness. She may have better resistance to TP than Superman, but she’s still susceptible to things like sonic blasts, magic weapons, and Cable’s guns, as her magic bracelets, armour, and shield don’t cover everything.
    [​IMG]

6. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Well, to be fair, that was Cable with a totally different powerset. Fact-check it but I'm pretty sure he never had his normal powers and technopathy at the same time. He got the technopathy to replace his powers. His TK was simulated (and arguably better) as well during that time. Could he, with prep time, augment himself to be able to replicate that? It's within the realm of possibility imo.

Lord's control o Supes was... More complex and took more time, I believe, than simple mind control. But on the other hand the only telepath I can recall Supes resisting who's worth anything is Manhunter, and his success varies... A lot. I think WW has been mind-controlled too, but again that bears fact-checking.

In Cable's defense, I think the last time he lost with prep vs anyone was during the Jefferson administration. And he's taken shots from Hulk coming straight out of a fight that nearly killed him, and he has crazy tech with one opponent who has clear weaknesses, so there's that.

Darth Punk likes this.
  7. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    From what I can gather, WW's TP resistance fluctuates from writer to writer, so I've factored her to be at the higher end.

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That Superman scan and that entire comic was with his reduced powerset from Bronze Age, before Nu52. The Nu52 versions are... much, much better.

Also, in terms of magic "gaining" -- you'd need aptitude in advance to use magic, no? That's the entire point of learning the spells, in a world with magic. You fell for one of the classic blunders, the most well known of which is "never go up against Shurron in a Comic Book draft!" But only slightly less well-known than that is "never put a technopath in a magic-rich prep environment!" (this is why Engineer had both Autobots and Cloud City -- spoiler alert, Reed's got Wario's race course).

Cable's never been able to put all of his telepathy together consistently, since he's almost-always had the TO-virus -- which he again has back, thus negating his TP again. As well, it's not a matter of ability -- I'm sure Cable's going to be able to overcome Superman eventually with telepathy, it's just that he won't have the time; it's why he's paired with Wonder Woman. As well, we're also talking about sheer willpower here -- Superman's willpower feats are... ridiculous. He's able to use someone else's psychic connection to command the whole world to do something (Action Comics Vol 2 18).

There's also some question whether current peak-Nu52 Superman has all of the Kryptonian methodologies to prevent this for even longer than sheer willpower (the, um, NuNu52 Superman certainly does, but that's this month... it's complicated. In other words: **** DC!!!).
    Plus, both Superman and Wonder Woman have consistently been able to shatter Hal Jordan ("the most powerful will in the galaxy!!!" //snicker) constructs:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cable's TK won't hurt them, his weaponry might slow Diana down for a hot-second but won't do jack vs. Superman long-term... what's he going to do against a magic sword and lasso? What's he going to do against the Incarnation of War? Unless he's bodysliding everywhere (if that's allowed), he's by far the slowest person on the battlefield.

Darth Punk likes this.
  9. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    OK cool, thanks for pointing that out, I know we're going off nu52 here, then take scans as an illustration of the possibility of Superman being turned against his ally. Which nu52 DC writer's powerset version the judges chose to go with is a matter for them. What I will say is based on how these three have been judged in previous rounds - how Kryptonytes deal with attacks of a telepathic nature (or magic for that matter) , where Cable's levels are (beating Stryfe etc), and WW (higher magic resistance than Supes, with better fighting ability, but lower raw power). I think levels are pretty established here now.

In this digital environment and, because of the Dominus Objective, there will be aptitude in advance.

So we're agreed on his technopath capabilities in this DIGITAL magic rich enviroment.

10. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    **** knows what happened in the edit there. let's just say I wanted to give these boards a Comic Vine makeover

DarthIntegral and dp4m like this.
  11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I agree that Cable has technopathic abilities insofar as his TO-virus infected self, yes. That's... obvious, no? But also that his TK is basically used for three purposes -- shields (useful), energy blasts (not useful), TO-self-healing (useful) -- lifting and throwing things at them won't be useful, and using it for very limited flight (comparatively) is also not really useful...

Cable lost to Stryfe in this draft, and Superman/WW won against a magic foe (double-prepped) where Superman has magic vulnerability (conceptually); Superman's psychic resistance is many, many times superior to his magic resistance. And Cable lost that Silver Surfer fight... badly; it's what led to him being depowered again as Deadpool had the TO-virus put back in Cable -- again, no sustained peak with that power.

[​IMG]

So, either Cable has technopathy via TO or he doesn't -- but if he has the TO-virus (as he should), then his other powers are lowered (as they are/were). He doesn't have both. Also, without the TO-virus he has the strength of a normal human. Good luck with that...

Darth Punk likes this.
  12. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    right, i'm ready for judges if you are? shall we call them in?

also, cable beat stryfe here - it was a split with inty deciding for.

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Did he? I was in China, but I thought it went the other way, mah bad!

Darth Punk likes this.
  14. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
  15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

My body is ready...

Darth Punk likes this.
  16. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Wonder Woman alone would kill some idiot with a bunch of guns in any story universe worth reading about. I don't understand how this is a contest. I feel like I'm struggling with the concept of this thread.

17. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    beezel created a vacuum, and in some respects you filled it

dp4m likes this.
  18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  19. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Yeah, antagonise the judges.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Do you really think they like me to begin with? :p At least I spell with a "z"...

Darth Punk likes this.
  21. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    1 - The Carbon Freezing Chamber on Bespin

Nova TRUMPED with Engineer vs. Iron Man

Nova didn't need the help.

6 - Transformers - Autobot HQ (The Ark in the Volcano)

Engineer (forfeit) vs. Vision

Nova would have beat him as well

4 - Final Fantasy VI - Doma Castle (after it's been poisoned and emptied)

Superman TRUMPED with Wonder Woman vs. Cable (Prepared)

The only thing that really makes me hesitate is telepathy, but I don't hesitate much. This two on one is too much, I don't see Cable winning that.

Darth Punk likes this.
  22. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I hesitated longer, but I'd vote for them too.

There, that counts, right? Next match!

23. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Did no one pause for his godlike technopath abilities in digital envoiroments?

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Then he has virtually no telepathic abilities and gets stomped easier? :p

Also, Yakkers doesn't count. As much as I wish he did... /whompwhomp...

25. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    #yaklivesmatter

MandaloreYak and dp4m like this.