main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Comic Book MINI Draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Feb 17, 2017.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    For me, I think BB had a better shot if they weren't 15 miles or so from major population centers -- his best feats are mass destruction, AFAIK. As well as two legit powerhouses who are more easily contained with their abilities to pummel him.

2. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I smell fear

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    No, that's just your mother's aftershave. Sorry, mate. :(

EDIT: DarthIntegral -- you're up, when the Tribe are finished winning tonight

Darth Punk likes this.
  4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Maybe I'm over ratting him, but I actually think the location plays well for Black Bolt. I'm not fully convinced but I think he has enough.
    [​IMG]

dp4m's Secret Team to Fight Inflation (4) vs. Hundred Acre Woods Most Wanted (2)

3, 7, 9, and 10 to end it

3 - Harry Potter Series - Hagrid's Hut - start just in front of the hut

Silver Surfer vs. John Constantine (Prepared)

7 - House of Cards - Starting at Freddy's in the dining area

Invicible (forfeit) vs. Thor

9 - Mapre Stadium in Columbus Ohio

Wonder Woman (forfeit) vs. Rocket Racoon

10 - Mos Eisley Cantina (Empty, except for the band, playing their famous jam on repeat)

Professor X (forfeit) vs. Martian Manhunter

Darth Punk and Mikaboshi like this.
  5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Know that I love you all. I did that from mobile

Darth Punk likes this.
  6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Vote Surfer and end on teams.

7. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Didn't we do that already?

8. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    No. IIRC that was a Heels vs Deeps team battle waaay back in round 1.

Quite the spot we're in eh? How do you feel about fighting Johnny at Hogwarts? I'm essentially freerolling at this stage - I can afford to play this out and lose.

I would like to end this tourney with a team battle. I think the game deserves it. I'm willing to concede this fight to you, take it to teams - but on one condition.

Hagrid's Hut remains the final battlefield.

Deal?

Mikaboshi and MandaloreYak like this.
  9. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Inmates running the asylum.

Mikaboshi and heels1785 like this.
  10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I think for a team battle it should be moved to the great hall at Hogwartz if we're going to make such a deal.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I, uh, think that favors one team a bit too much... :p

Can we get a neutral-tech / neutral-magic site?

Mikaboshi likes this.
  12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I have no issue with a gentleman's agreement to go to teams. I'll give you the option of picking from / agreeing on one of these three locations. If dp4m and Darth Punk agree on one, we move to teams. Otherwise, I'll have the judges judge and go with my original plan for the location of the team battle (not included below or listed above) should they go with Surfer

Your options:

1) Movie and TV Draft: The Original Jurassic Park (no humans, but dinosaurs present)
    2) Wrestling Draft: Wrestlemania III - The Pontiac Silverdome - the moment after Hulk Hogan Bodyslammed Andre the Giant - The Crowd Remains, the wrestlers vanish.
    3) Video Game Draft: Chrono Trigger - AD 1000 at the Millennial Fair (fair is empty, but all booths, equipment, food, etc. remain)

(I think Chrono Trigger offers the best mix of Magic and Tech, while the other two are fairly neutral)

edit: I'm also okay with punk's suggestion below, and using the spiritual home of US Soccer.

Mikaboshi and Darth Punk like this.
  13. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Agree. How about location 9 Mapre Stadium, and let's include the Pokemon

EDIT: soz Inty, completely missed your posts

Mikaboshi likes this.
  14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Mapfre Stadium it is!

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    [​IMG]

dp4m's Secret Team to Fight Inflation (5) vs. Hundred Acre Woods Most Wanted (5)

Location: Mapre Stadium in Columbus Ohio - Pokemon are present!

Nova, Engineer, Silver Surfer, Superman, Wonder Woman, Gladiator, Professor X, Invincible, Omni-Man, Reed Richards, Aquaman, and Zealot

vs.

Iron man, Black Bolt, John Constantine, Cable, Moondragon, Vision, Thor, Amadeus Cho, Rocket Raccoon, Martian Manhunter, Kilowog, and Steel

16. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Then I concede the Constantine fight.

See you in Ohio.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  17. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I would have voted Surfer anyway.

Darth Punk and DarthIntegral like this.
  18. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Thor spends two days hard boozing at the forth street bar & grill, then solos.

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    That is some high quality pandering, folks. Going to the official AO Chapter bar? Nicely done.

Darth Punk likes this.
  20. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    OK, let's get this party started...

LET'S ADDRESS PREP
    The prep gap between dp4m 's team and my team is pretty big. I can only see Reed (who according to Marvel's official biog, Cable is on par with) being top tier.

QUOTE: Cable possesses an intellect that may be on par with that of Reed Richards, which may be superhuman. He is also in possession of an education provided by the Clan Askani, which is far in advance of 20th – 21st century Earth-616 conventional education, especially in the sciences.

SOURCE: http://marvel.com/characters/7/cable

Engineer may also be considered top tier. I'm willing to agree she is. Below that there's Nova who has Worldmind, but he's still very young and inexperienced, and (unarguably) no Richard Rider in the feats and abilities department. What does Superman do with prep time? Possibly go for a sundip, but for all the good that does for him, it brings little to the team. Also, he's going to be taken out straight away with either Constantine's magic, or Martian's TP.

What do Wonder Woman and Surfer do with prep time? I can't see anything online that shows them benefiting.

On the other hand, half of 100 Acre's team have members who can ruin you with 48 hours, a bit of inside knowledge, and a sample of your DNA.
    John Constantine
    Cable
    Amadeus Cho
    Rocket
    Tony Stark (who, like Engineer is Genius level, and made of Nanites)
    Vision
    and my mid tourney transfer - Steel

I'm not seeing a whole lot about how Martian utilises prep, but I'm sure he makes pretty good use of his time. I came across a scan on how with prep he managed to push Darksied through a boom tube and into the source, but that was DC one million, not sure it counts here?

Also, worthy of note. Just as Constantine's magic can take Superman (and Gladiator (Strontians have a weakness to magic too)) off the field of play with relative ease, Black Bolt has two separate previous wins against Viltrumites under his belt now, so he can go straight at their Equilibrium weakness.

21. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
  22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I do a big long thing, then Yak theaters. It is known.

Darth Punk likes this.
  23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Punk - I'm surprised at the lack of Pokemon in your argument.

Darth Punk likes this.
  24. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    It's coming. I was hoping to draw a response from dp on the honking great prep gap between his team and mine.

Which I guess will not be coming any time soon.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Sneak preview on Tech:

Tech, I'd give a very slight edge to Punk -- just out of sheer numbers (Cho, Raccoon, Stark, Steel) -- but none reach the upper-level of Reed's interdimensional power knowledge, and Superman's always underestimated as an intellect well beyond human and interplanetary knowledge, plus Engineer's level being roughly around Steel's level. At least, potentially -- it's unclear if Prime Earth Steel is at all near the same level of genius as New Earth Steel? As well, we have Nova's Xandarian Worldmind, so that will add Nova -- plus a much-fuller list of advanced Marvel spacefaring weaponry than Rocket is familiar with. Also, his point about Cable would be valid if Cable actually showed any inventiveness along the lines of the actual inventors. He HAD better tech, but he wasn't really inventing new things with it. As well, there's a discrepancy between the Cable "intelligence meter" with the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z #2 having him much lower. And Vision is an enyclopedia, not a genius. He can augment the inventors with his technopathy, however.

I'll save some of the other things with prep for later... ;)

Darth Punk likes this.