main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Comic Book MINI Draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    apologies peeps. busy saturday. will pick this back up again on sunday.

2. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I can step in if he needs help.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I would love nothing more than to hear your breakdown of the final battle.

Darth Punk likes this.
  4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

dp4m is a racist and Punk has the only black man on his team; QED...

5. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    dp4m's Secret Team to Fight Inflation (5) vs. Hundred Acre Woods Most Wanted (5)

Location: Mapre Stadium in Columbus Ohio - Pokemon are present!

Nova, Engineer, Silver Surfer, Superman, Wonder Woman, Gladiator, Professor X, Invincible, Omni-Man, Reed Richards, Aquaman, and Zealot

vs.

Iron man, Black Bolt, John Constantine, Cable, Moondragon, Vision, Thor, Amadeus Cho, Rocket Raccoon, Martian Manhunter, Kilowog, and Steel

Mapfre Stadium- Home of the Columbus Crew. But today, at least, something actually worthwhile would bring life to such a dismal environment: Wanton destruction.

Two teams of heroes, summoned today for the final battle of supremacy, lined up against one another, each at one end of the stadium. The time had come. The end was here.

And so were a whole bunch of pokemon.

TWEEEEEEEET! Meowth blew the whistle and the fight began, team members separating to put their plans into action. Chaos ensued as impossibly-fast heroes clashed, Sending ripples throughout the stadium that sent rattatas, pidgeys, and other pokemon scurrying for their lives as seats and goalposts crumbled, debris flying everywhere.

Kilowog didn’t know Thor very well, but he had at least thought the Asgardian knew what “buy us some time” meant. Now, watching Thor head straight for Superman in a titanic clash at the center of the arena, he wasn’t quite sure. And there wasn’t much he could do about it, seeing as how Nova was already devastating his shields, forcing him to barely hold on himself. Can’t hold on much longer, he thought as his shielding completely failed him. Nova rocked him with another blast, and Kilowog’s whole body began to spasm before becoming lifelessly still. Hope the plan works, he thought. Won’t be there to see it...

What? Nova thought as a beaten Kilowog’s body disappeared from his view. What happened?
    “It appears some teleportation method was used,” the Worldmind informed him. “Richard, look ou-”
    BOOM! A focused blast from Black Bolt brought Nova to the ground, and he turned to see the Inhuman fire again, almost too quickly for him to shield himself. As it was, he was taking massive damage, but Nova could fight back. He fired a gravimetric pulse which was countered by another blast, sending them both backward, which Richard Ryder definitely would take at this point. He came to a stop and stood as Black Bolt fired again, and this time he was more ready to block. Unfortunately for him, this attack was stronger, more concentrated, and even the Nova Force was having trouble defending him. Gotta take the risk.

Nova sidestepped, eating a portion of Black Bolt’s attack, and rocketed forward at a different angle toward the inhuman in a flying tackle that caused a silent exhale from his opponent as the two careened through the wall and brought a section of the stadium down. “Graaaa...” An angry graveler exclaimed as it slowly sought another place to go. At point-blank range, Nova gave it all he had in one concentrated blast, just as Black Bolt opened his mouth...

Everyone, EVERYONE, stopped for just a moment as the skies crackled with the sound of thunder. But it was no natural event that had caused the shudder, as the rest of the stadium immediately imploded and pokemon flew everywhere, with Xavier being buried in the rubble and eliminated. The cause of the explosion was quickly seen, as Nova’s helmet blew into the air, so fast it caused Invincible to alter his flight path. Had Rocket Raccoon not been just as distracted, it would have been an easy shot, but Invincible turned back to him just in time to avoid being hit. He flew, way too fast for Rocket to hit, and nailed the armored raccoon-
    Only to fly backward, the result of a hidden sonic detonator on Rocket’s person that rocked him physically as well as mentally. Rocket was thrown backward by the recoil, but counterbalances in his suit brought him right back to where Invincible was slowly getting to his feet, equilibrium shaken. Rocket didn’t miss again.

“Mark!” Omni-Man yelled, hearing the death screams of his son. Rocket turned with a smirk as Nolan attacked, not bothering to dodge but rather careening through Rocket’s blasts, which slowed but didn’t stop the vitrumite from getting to him. Exhaling already from damage taken, Nolan still managed an enraged yell as he pounded Rocket’s exoskeleton, falling victim to another hidden detonator. Rocket pounced, point-blank again, but his smirk quickly disappeared as Omni-Man opened his eyes and cracked his helmet with a headbutt. Stunned, Rocket couldn’t react before Nolan’s hand came around to his naked skull. And then it was over.

At least it was for Rocket. But Omni-Man was just getting started. Pure rage empowered him as he located his next target, flying directly into the still-battered Black Bolt, and straight through him. Noting Iron Man standing over a bruised Aquaman, he zoomed into the bulky Kryptonian-breaker armor and laid into it with a barrage of punches that quickly began to expend the suit’s energy. Going for the finishing flurry, he suddenly screamed as a phased hand grabbed his entire brain. The muscle began to disconnect from its stem, the pain unbearable as his body began to spasm.

But the rage was greater. A back elbow caught a surprised Vision in the side of his head, dropping him instantly. Still hardly recovering, Omni-Man turned and ripped the android’s head off at the same time a healing Aquaman finally dropped Stark with his own punches. Omni-Man turned, panting, exchanged a glance with the king of the seas, and then looked overhead just in time to see the hammer before it clocked him in the back of the head, bounced into Aquaman’s skull, and then returned to the hand of Steel, just in time for him to turn and face the Engineer.

“You’re gonna lose this one,” Engineer said to him, taking aim.
    “Nah,” Steel responded. “You’ve already lost. You’ve got nanites in your system. You’re gonna fail any second now.”
    “Actually, I’m not,” she responded with a sneer. “You think you’re the only one who can play with technology? You haven’t met Reed Richards.”
    “Oh ye-AUGH!” Steel’s head suddenly came on fire as his entire suit betrayed him, systems flaring up in a scrambled crescendo. “AAAGH!” He plummeted from the skies, landing unmoving as every system, including his central nervous system, shut down.
    “Yeah,” Engineer said. But then she too fell, the pain unbearable. “But... How?” She asked aloud, barely audible.
    “Me,” responded Cable.
    “That’s the last thing you’re gonna do,” Zealot said as she attacked, sword going straight through his neck. A Hologram, she thought with horror, even as the blast nailed her.
    “Reed must not've briefed you too well,” Cable said as he stood over her smoking body. “Then again, he was never that great on strategy.” He teleported just in time for a beam of electricity to miss him, and then reappeared straight in front of Reed Richards. “Were you, Reed?”
    “I think I’m pretty good,” the real Reed Richards said as he wrapped Cable up from beneath in a suffocating grasp before sending a current through him that scrambled every system he had.
    Taken... Worse... Than... This... Cable thought as he used every ounce of his remaining power to throw Reed off of him before falling to the ground and turning to where Reed was already reforming.
    “You’re done, Nathan,” Reed said as he blasted Cable with firearms that shot who-knows-what. Cable brought up a forcefield, but instead of blocking, the field was absorbed by the energy that only grew stronger until it caught Cable right in his chest and head, bringing up a nasty purple mark and causing drool to fall from his sputtering mouth. Reed re-holstered and looked for someone else, but then felt a beam nail him in his unprotected back. As his consciousness faded, he turned with what little energy he had left to see the scimitar’s energy sizzling toward him again.
    “Problem... With... You...” Cable panted. “Inventor... But not... Warrior...”
    “You’re finished... Too...” Reed said before his eyes glazed over and he lost consciousness.
    “Not... Yet...” Impossibly, the man known as Nathan Dayspring began to push himself to his knees, and then back to his feet. “One... Trick... Left...”

Thor hadn’t wanted to fight a woman. He especially hadn’t wanted to fight Wonder Woman, with Mjolnir encased in a bubble by the Silver Surfer, who himself didn’t seem to be suffering from expending that energy as he kept up the pressure on Martian Manhunter. He grabbed her wrist but she spun, kicking him in his head and forcing him to let go so she could chop him again at the end of another twirl before kneeing him yards back, taking out a diglett that had been checking out the action. Suddenly there appeared from beneath the ground a whole host of the mole-like pokemon, looking quite angered. “Diglett-dig, diglett-dig!”

Thou cute creatures, Thor thought, before quickly refocusing on not letting Wonder Woman chop his head off with drawn sword, catching a multitude of knees to his gut for his trouble.

“TRIO TRIO TRIO!”

Suddenly the entire ground began to shake, and even the multitude of pebbles that now comprised the stadium shot into the air as a host of dugtrio summoned a cataclysmic earthquake. It threw Diana off-balance for just a moment, and Thor took the opportunity to toss her about fifty feet before she turned around and shot back at him. This time he was at least somewhat ready and threw a counterpunch that at least forced her to dodge, even as she swiped again with her sword and took off locks of his hair.
    “Hey!” He threw a punch that glanced off her side, but she countered with a leg kick that brought him to his knees, and raised the sword for a finish. Before she could bring it down, though, the weapon began to glow and vanished from her grasp.
    “I’ll take that,” John Constantine said as the weapon appeared in his hand, the magician proudly wearing Superman’s cape.
    “What?” Diana turned her head, and that was all the distraction Thor needed as he socked her in the gut and then cracked her in her head, sending her sprawling to the ground half the field away.
    “She was a mighty warrior,” Thor stated with a bit of sadness. “I would much rather we met under... different conditions.”
    “Yeah, I bet you would you would,” Constantine snickered.
    “Men are all the same,” a returning Wonder Woman spat as she landed within a few meters of them, bringing a shocked expression to face of the god of thunder. “You thought it’d be easy? Typical. I don’t fall that easily.”
    “Neither do I,” agreed a resolute voice from the sky, as a capeless Superman planted himself next to her. “And I want my cape back.”
    Constantine frowned and rolled his eyes. “I’m beginning to think this whole weakness to magic thing is being reeeeeally overstated.”

Glad for this telepathic shielding Richards provided, Gladiator thought as he battled Amadeus Cho, leaving the defeated body of Moondragon in his wake. And by battled, he meant he battled while Cho, even in a hulklike form, hid behind variables, forcefields, pokemon, and whatever else he could to play defense. Gladiator pressed the attack, growing more frustrated with each cowardly maneuver Cho made to avoid him. However, knowing his opponent was outmatched made him more and more confident, and his attacks were beginning to wear down the fake hulk. It was only a matter of time. I wanted the real one.

Finally, the Silver Surfer had managed to tag the elusive Martian Manhunter with a strong enough and direct enough blast to keep him from moving. A second blast, and the Martian was reduced to crawling on his knees with no hope of dodging a finisher. Surfer’s eyes blared white, and then-
    “Kraaaaat!” The blast didn’t hit him at all, but totally ate his board and sent him plummeting to the ground. He looked around as he rose, and his cosmic senses landed on the source, a glowing, hovering, power-exuding Cable who unleashed another blast that sent him bouncing and crashing into a crater caused by the dugtrio earthquake. Another blast, unrelenting, and the Surfer found himself being pushed further and further into the earth, all the way into its core and out the other end into the recesses of space.
    “Thank you,” the Manhunter said to Cable. “We should have the advantage with their strongest man finally defeated. Your strategy is really working.”
    “Yeah he’s not defeated,” Cable said.
    “Not even close,” a returning Surfer agreed from atop his reformed board, already back in front of them.

As all foes clashed, the entire earth, and now indeed the ENTIRE earth shuddering, a small sound that escaped notice, that of a microphone check, could be heard. None of the combatants noticed or paid attention, as it had escaped their notice that no national anthem had been sung. But now, the singing would commence-
    JIGGLYPUFF, JIGGLYYYYPUFF...

The action began to slow drastically, as the lullaby took its toll on the remaining fighters. Spells were miscast, punches failed, and projectiles were fired harmlessly into the ground as jigglypuff continued its song with no one having the heart to blast the otherwise-helpless pokemon. Finally, Constantine managed to concoct a spell to protect his team from its effects, and Cho, already having headphones, began to actually attack, causing massive damage to a now-sleepy Gladiator. Wonder Woman, caught in a standing choke by Thor, blacked out and hit the ground as the Asgardian turned his attention toward Superman, who with some effort finally managed to heat vision Constantine to death while he was still struggling to recover and cast. The Surfer, having finished off Martian Manhunter and then through sheer force of will resisted the urge to sleep and blasted Cable out of the skies, now stood over his wounded foe, who, despite rising to his feet and visibly exerting his rapidly-depleting power, seemed not to be actually attacking at all. Surfer blasted him, dropping him back down for good this time, and stood over him. But why was Cable, hacking and all, seeming to laugh?
    “Gotcha,” Nathan said before passing out.
    Gotcha? Surfer raised an eyebrow, or whatever passed from them. Oh.

Suddenly Norrin understood what Cable had meant, realizing that the protective field he had placed over Mjolnir was gone. “Mjolnir!” Thor yelled, his exuberance over access to the hammer overriding his desire for sleep. Superman flew at him even as the hammer did, returning to his hand just as Clark got there. The Asgardian warrior dodged, turned, and gave a shot Babe Ruth would’ve been proud of, knocking the Kryptonian beyond the upper deck and into the upper atmosphere.
    He was out.

“Norrin Radd!” Thor called out. “We meet in combat again! I’ll show you my Asgardian might once more!”
    “You’ve forgotten what power is mine to command!” The Surfer responded. “To me, my board! I’ll remind you of my might- The Power Cosmic!”

“No,” a new voice said, both verbally and in their minds as a catlike figure hovered over the battlefield. “No more of this,” proclaimed Mewtwo.
    A massive psychic wave brought the competitors to their knees and completely knocked out Gladiator, psychic defense or no, even taking out the still-singing jigglypuff by accident. Cho, still wearing mental protection, gave a smile. That is, until Mewtwo’s TK wave followed, completely destroying the equipment that Gladiator had already damaged. Unprotected, he now fell motionless as well. Rage at the scene of poke-carnage fueled Mewtwo’s attack, flooding both the Surfer and Thor and causing them to cry out as the pokemon’s anger enveloped them. However, slowly, Thor’s screams changed from pain to something else entirely. He arose, his eyes almost mirroring Mewtwo’s, and the pokemon saw his own heart in the pupils of the thunder god. He tried to stop, to alter his mental attack, but Thor was fast. Far, far too fast. Propelled by Mjolnir, he careened into Mewtwo and would have taken his head off if not for a hastily-erected field that barely saved its life, though not by much. Then he turned to a rising Surfer. A Surfer who had seen that look on Thor before. A Surfer who knew it meant that all hope was lost.

Warrior’s Madness.

Winner: Hundred Acre Woods Most Wanted

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    tl;dr - yak hates superman

jk. very nice, my friend.

Darth Punk and MandaloreYak like this.
  7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I disagree wholly, obviously. :p

Darth Punk and MandaloreYak like this.
  8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    you should be thankful that john constantine was defeated by the author's contempt and didn't dissolve your entire team, nay, the entire multiverse within the first 2.5 seconds

9. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Oh man and I tried so hard to hide my biases...

Darth Punk and heels1785 like this.
  10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    you might have. but i've known you for 16 years, broheim.

that's 15 years and 362 days of listening to superman/ny rangers/prequels disrespect

Darth_Furio and MandaloreYak like this.
  11. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Wow that's impressive since I started watching hockey in 2005...

heels1785 likes this.
  12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    you've made up for the lost time since

also, lol cam ward

13. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    So to be clear, we just explain what would happen in a fight between the two sides?

Darth Punk likes this.
  14. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Pretty much. And now it's your turn.

heels1785 likes this.
  15. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    From the best post of the entire draft, this was the best line of the entire post. I actually belly laughed in public, but had no way of explaining why - I mean, where do you start?

Awesome work Yakkers

heels1785 and MandaloreYak like this.
  16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    dp4m's Secret Team to Fight Inflation vs. Hundred Acre Woods Most Wanted

[​IMG]

Nova, Engineer, Silver Surfer, Superman, Wonder Woman, Gladiator, Professor X, Invincible, Omni-Man, Reed Richards, Aquaman, and Zealot

vs.

Iron man, Black Bolt, John Constantine, Cable, Moondragon, Vision, Thor, Amadeus Cho, Rocket Raccoon, Martian Manhunter, Kilowog, and Steel

Generically, this fight is about power. Both teams are actually going to work fairly well together -- I have the largest group of Illuminati and Justice League combined, but Punk's group isn't (at all) shabby there.

Telepathy: Punk's group has more, but not better, TP -- Cable, MMH, Moondragon vs. Surfer, Xavier, Aquaman -- but both of our groups can easily neutralize TP technologically. Also, fun fact, Silver Surfer can bodily enter the Astral Plane and use his full suite of abilities there, if folks want to do that (not recommended).

Magic: We're about even in magic in a full group, since Punk only has Constantine vs. Zealot and Aquaman, along with a hard-magic counter in Wonder Woman. Constantine is a better prep, but the other two are absolutely no slouches (or, in Inty's case, other one -- since Aquaman is juggling balls riding a dolphin to him).

Tech: I'd give a very slight edge to Punk -- just out of sheer numbers (Cho, Raccoon, Stark, Steel) -- but none reach the upper-level of Reed's interdimensional power knowledge, and Superman's always underestimated as an intellect well beyond human and interplanetary knowledge, plus Engineer's level being roughly around Steel's level. At least, potentially -- it's unclear if Prime Earth Steel is at all near the same level of genius as New Earth Steel? As well, we have Nova's Xandarian Worldmind, so that will add Nova -- plus a much-fuller list of addvanced Marvel spacefaring weaponry than Rocket is familiar with. Also, his point about Cable would be valid if Cable actually showed any inventiveness along the lines of the actual inventors. He HAD better tech, but he wasn't really inventing new things with it. As well, there's a discrepancy between the Cable "intelligence meter" with the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z #2 having him much lower. And Vision is an enyclopedia, not a genius. He can augment the inventors with his technopathy, however.

Power: Unquestionably my team has the massive edge. Thor and Silver Surfer are basically a wash (see below), but then you have Cho as the next powerhouse and then Black Bolt and MMH one level down... that's it. I have two Supermen (Superman / Gladiator), plus Nova, Omni-Man, Invincible, and then Wonder Woman and Aquaman one level down (stop laughing, Inty).

Thor vs. Silver Surfer... this is the only top-tier level fight on Punk's side; and Surfer is easily able to stalemate Thor since, in basically all cases, Surfer has never actually tried to fight Thor full-out... primarily remaining defensive.

Here's SS stopping an Infinity Power Stone-enhanced Thor's blasts:
    [​IMG]
    Here's SS basically shrugging off Thor as irrelevant looking for the Galactus seed:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Comic Vine generally sides on the Silver Surfer side: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/thor-vs-silver-surfer-1539650/?page=2

He can also provide additional shielding for other teammates:
    [​IMG]

Prep: In addition, here is a list of things that prep can afford us, both in terms of gear and powers:

• Anti-TP technology.
    • Anti-sonic/equilibrium technology for Omni-Man and Invincible.
    • All of Superman's advanced technology (including Kryptonian Armor)
    • Reed's access to both the Baxter Building's stores of technology AS WELL AS Brainiac's ship (the Fortress of Solitude in Prime Earth).
    • Aquaman's Magic Weapons
      • Trident of Neptune: Forged from enchanted gold by Atlan, first king of Atlantis, the trident of Neptune serves as a symbolism of the royal line. Arthur wields as both his right to rule and as a lethal weapon that can pierce mystical fortitude's and draw blood from New Gods like Darkseid. He eventually lost this trident when the villainous Siren, posing as Mera, usurped his leadership and kingdom but has since regained it.
      • Trident of Poseidon: A divine blessing bestowed upon him by it's previous wielder Poseidon. The trident given to Arthur, blessing him with host of mystical powers and enchantments; as a means to help him battle the invading force known as the Thule. He eventually sacrificed it in order to destroy the encroachment of dimensions, but has been lent a replacement by the gods since then.
    • Silver Surfer can pump enough solar energy into Superman, pre-fight, so he is as close to sun-dipped as possible without going over. All scans provided below on Superman are without that level of power.
    • Surfer can also provide shielding to people using the Power Cosmic. (see above)
    • As a reminder, Zealot's weaponry -- since there was a crossover with Superman and Majestic -- provides strong enough to pierce Kryptonians as well (meaning Hulk, Thor, etc.)

Pokemon:

The two most common Pokemon at Mapfre Stafium are (apparently) Squirtles and Pidgeys. Squirtles can be controlled by Aquaman, as an aquatic/water Pokemon and therefore subject to Aquaman's control over aquatic creatures, and Pidgeys seem like a wash.

Squirtle provides a good defensive bonus to the team (with his shell) and also specifically counters Flying (which Punk's team has a couple):
    [​IMG]

However, the two rare Pokemons available are Magnemite (uncommon) and Mankey (rare)

Magnemite is a Mechanical -- which, given the state of technopathy on both teams is probably a wash, though Engineer can do this remotely (it's unclear if Vision's nanobots have to actually touch a magnemite). I'd still give it a wash.

Mankey, on the other hand, is a Fighting -- and I have the Avatar of War (Wonder Woman). He's going to follow her. Mankey can evolve into Primeape who is able to survive a Charizard flamethrower:
    [​IMG]

Power:

As a reminder, most of my guys are at planet-buster levels -- and Punk's are not:

Gladiator:
    [​IMG]
    Omni-Man / Invincible:
    [​IMG]
    Nova: Stalemates Beta Ray Bill who can do this:
    [​IMG]
    Superman:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No one on the other team, other than Thor, is as strong as this:
    [​IMG]
    or as durable as this:
    [​IMG]

Here's Superman heating the entire Earth with temperatures higher than the sun:
    [​IMG]

And that's before even covering anything involving Silver Surfer and the Power Cosmic. Considering he can (and has) simply reduced people to atoms:
    [​IMG]

And, just for Inty, I give you Aquaman beating Darkseid:
    [​IMG]

Tactics:

Yak is 100% right about one thing: Reed's an inventor, not a tactical genius. Isn't it good then that I have...
    • Wonder Woman (again, the LITERAL incarnation of war),
    • Superman (an underestimated tactician plus having been trained in combat by Batman, Mongul, etc.) and a student of other tactics (https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/S...Q-AjuKajFAnLordPLmV1AUlhsUKzCZXrbPWyTgP6gu3ng),
    • Professor X (in addition to, y'know, his ACTUAL military training, "He is highly talented in devising equipment for utilizing and enhancing psionic powers. Xavier is also quite the masterful tactician and strategist, effectively evaluating situations and devising swift responses; he has, on numerous occasions, even fashioned long-term operations as complex as those of adversaries such as Sinister, Magneto, and Apocalypse."),
    • Aquaman (Expert Tactician: He has an advanced strategic sense, and has natural leadership qualities.),
    • Gladiator (leader of the Shi'ar Royal Guard and Shi'ar military forces for decades),
    • Nova (Xandarian Worldmind for Cosmic Awareness), Omni-Man (part of a decades long long-con and able to plan an ambush of the Guardians of the Globe), and
    • Zealot (leader of the Coda, a millennia old society of warrior women and a sorceress in her own right after being Tapestry's slave).
    Arguments:

Punk will probably win this one, as I'm less funny.

[​IMG]

If anyone wants more specific examples of fights or powers, I'll do my best to find scans (where possible).

Mikaboshi likes this.
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    i'd stop laughing at that aquaman scan if i could see it

it looks like cyclops fighting an enlarged version of scarecrow

if you were distracted by daily diane lane updates, its understandable. its been a devastating last few days

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I see scans of the Justice League fighting Darkseid.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

[​IMG]

21. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    I see broken links.

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Really? Which ones, I checked them before I posted today, but may have been cached, I suppose.

23. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003

vs.

This battle would play out relatively simply. Reed Richards is just a scientist, which is not particularly useful in battle since its not like combat should turn on any specific question. In any case, though, this Mitt Romney character can use his Stretch Armstrong powers to tie the raccoon to the roof of his car, at least eliminating one rival. I'm similarly confused about why Silver Surfer is here, since as I recall from his eponymous cartoon, he's a pacifist. But anyway maybe he can scout out the battle ahead of time and then report back to people who actually do stuff, since that's also reflective of his job in real life.

Upon engagement, Wonder Woman could use her lasso of truth to force Constantine into serial confessions. The compulsion to continue answering in detail would preclude his ability to use any spells. Not that there are any cats or empty bathtubs for him to stand around in anyway. So in any case that guy is neutralized. In the meantime, by substantively fighting, she can provoke both Thor and Black Bolt to use their electricity powers at a steadily escalating strength. This is important because, no one even accounts for the alcoholism of Tony Starks. Realistically, he would probably be incapacitated during this fight. Failing real world obligations is an important component of alcoholism. While, fortunately, Vision can control his robot suit--the only actually heroic part about that guy--the increasingly electricity would interfere with his ability to do so over time. Superman, meanwhile, can fight off Steel and Kilowog.

I don't know what an Amadeus Cho is.

Going back to the mainpoint, Professor Xavier could square off against Martian Manhunter, who is really one of the only good people on that other team. Orchestrating all the action, and assisting as necessary would be Gladiator, the best player on the field. His years of experience as commander of the Imperial Guard would make him more than a match for Cable's limited human mind. I'm assuming Cable's not actually fighting because I don't see the point of just having some guy with big guns in a fight like this. Anyway, the final battle would come down to chaos and smoke everywhere, when Gladiator drifts through the wreckage. Vision would rise to meet him.

Probably, they would exchange some dialogue about the one being a robot and a slave to logic, while the other is a slave to the throne. Then they would fly around and punch each other for some time. When Gladiator finally wins the advantage and delivers the knockout blow, he can have some redeeming comment about the ability of thinking beings to outsmart computers, something complimentary to Lilandra, and about how adaptive living monarchs are more flexible than rote documents. Which will be an authorial shot at Constitutional originalists. Along the same lines, he will probably win by doing something "illogical" in battle that comes at a high cost but works to destroy Vision.

WInner: The Top Team

Even though I don't understand what you'd do with a Zealot or an Engineer or any of that other crazy stuff you put in there.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

This is the best beezel Comic Book Draft theater there ever was.

Mikaboshi and Darth Punk like this.
  25. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Lol that was hilarity.

DarthIntegral and dp4m like this.