main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA The Comic Con 2005 Info Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm gonna be going all 5 days. :D Not sure which days I'm gonna go in costume, but I'll bring it none-the-less.

Oh, and for your viewing pleasure...

San Diego Comic-Con International, the largest pop culture and comic convention in North America, is coming to the San Diego Convention Center July 13-17. As it was in 2004, the large Lucasfilm Star Wars Pavilion is a must-see for every Star Wars fan. Located in the front row of Hall D, the Pavilion will have great displays, events, give-aways, and fun at each of the booths, all set in a festive Star Wars street fair atmosphere. Watch film footage on the big overhead screen, play video game tournaments and impromptu Star Wars trivia games, enjoy special presentations, chat with Star Wars saga film stars, and spot surprise guests all weekend long.
    Exhibiting this year in the Star Wars Pavilion:

Star Wars Shop / Hyperspace: Come by Star Wars Shop, the store for Star Wars fans, for a great selection of merchandise chosen especially for Comic-Con International. Hasbro's Holographic Princess Leia action figure will debut at the show, plus you never know what other collectible surprises might be available.

Have more fun shopping and cruising the Comic-Con International exhibit hall floor by ordering your Holographic Leia now. Then simply stop by the Pavilion with your ID and order confirmation and walk away with the goods without waiting in the cash register line.

Star Wars Hyperspace and Star Wars Insider magazine present the Comic-Con debut of the Darth Vader special souvenir magazine issue. This dark, slick magazine explores everything about the Dark Lord -- from behind-the-scene origins to untold tales, featuring original art and original fiction, you won't want to miss it.

Also in the booth, Hyperspace members can say hi to those fellow members that couldn't make it courtesy the Hyperspace webcam. The well-traveled camera has been brought back out of storage to gather the sights of the Pavilion and transmit them online.

Drop in to the LucasArts booth to compete in game tournaments throughout the weekend. Prizes and give-aways are planned daily. The innovative game company will be offering fans the chance to play exciting new titles that have not yet been released, including four kiosks of the sequel to their best-selling video game, Star Wars Battlefront II, scheduled for release on PS2, Xbox, PC, and PSP this fall. Players can relive their favorite Star Wars battles from either side of the conflict. As an extra bonus for thousands of fans worldwide, the immersive story in Battlefront II focuses on the history of the 501st Legion.

LucasArts will have two kiosks featuring a special preview of their coming grand strategy game, Star Wars: Empire at War, scheduled for release on PC in the spring of 2006. The real-time strategy game features persistent action, and every decision affects the next battle, and ultimately the fate of the galaxy. Players can wage war on the ground and in space in more than 40 locations throughout the Star Wars universe.

Fans can test drive favorite LucasArts games already on the market, too. There will be kiosks of the game that offers players a completely immersive experience in the Star Wars universe, Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience. Create your own character, explore 11 fully-realized Star Wars worlds and space sectors, while you adventure with any of the hundreds of thousands of players who are playing the game live when you are. Plus there will be tournaments of the best-selling Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, where players can live the most exciting moments from the movie and follow the film's tragic conflict through the perspective of Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, and duel against master swordsman like Count Dooku, Mace Windu, and Darth Vader.

3-Day Blinds and Home Fashions for Kids by Dan River will give away a "Star Wars Dream Bedroom," to one lucky fan during Comic-Con International. The give-away includes not only Star Wars blinds and bedding from these two great

2. jdijade

jdijade Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2005
    Hey the Days Inn by Sea World is where we're staying! heh.

As for group photos and stuff at ComicCon, I know that those who belong to other FF's are doing some stuff but seeings as how quite a few of us don't belong to other groups there should be at least one shot of the IE's!

3. kitchenvixen

kitchenvixen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    We are satying at the Days Inn too. I peomis I am not following you. Group photo sound sgood.

4. JawaGen

JawaGen Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2003
    Tommy and I are staying at the Marriott. I CAN'T wait for HP!! We have two books reserved at the bookstore at the mall up the street.. so we'll be busy at the booth and a the store.. I think I'm gunna wear my Twi'lek cuz i dont have my Hermione costume yet..

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm staying in Escondido with GreyJedi from SD, LOL. Long drive, but it's free, so I ain't complaining. ;)

6. Drgnfyre4

Drgnfyre4 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    After talking to Megan and a few others who are going I think I will make arrangments to have my Vader go up with someone else who has room in thier car(ours is packed to the gills with costumes already) so I can wear it on Friday for the big group photo, plus it will look good for our own group to have its own Sith Lord present. I wonder if my buddy Damien is gonna wear his Vader? Let the clone jokes begin...lol!

7. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Are there any other events such as this in CA this year? Being new to the place I don't really know of them, if any.

8. jdijade

May 23, 2005
    There are lots of conventions throughout the year for everything from comics to sci fi to horror, though ComicCon is the biggest. Anime Expo is this weekend. The LA Comic convention is in August. Creation Con has a Stargate: SG1 thing next week and a Farscape con in November, both in Burbank. Worldcon will be returning to Anaheim next year (sadly it's in Sweden this time). San Diego has another well-known convention, ConDor, but it's over for this year... Just to get you started!

9. Drgnfyre4

May 25, 2005
    As we speak anime expo is happening and harris and Brandon and a few others are going to be there in costume during this weekend. Maybe we should put together an online calendar of events? Gives me an idea for the idea thread...better hop over there and post it...lol

10. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    CRAP!!!!! I will only be able to go the last day of con!!! :_| :_| :_| I AM SOOO SAD!!!!!!!! :_| :_|

11. jdijade

May 23, 2005
    Eeew that's a bummer, Andrea! Well, at least it's only seven bucks to get in Sunday, plus that's when all the best deals can be found.

12. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    An online calendar of events sounds good!

13. Drgnfyre4

May 25, 2005
    I will start surfing around to find listings of different conventions and events and maybe we can all just start compiling stuff for this upcoming season.

14. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    Ok, all I knwo we are looking for a place to post pics and events. We can start a yahoogroup and do it there. If anyone is interetsed let me know, I can do it.

15. jdijade

May 23, 2005
    I had photos from the last meeting, so I went and stuck 'em up on photobucket for now. Woo hoo! We have a real online album! Here's the link:

Photobucket Album =D=

16. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    That is GREAT!!! good job!

17. Rachel_Moonstar

Rachel_Moonstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2003
    Just been wonderin since last I knew I wasn't even going but I've benn at con for the past 2 days and will be there the next two.

Already I am in debt.

Watch out for blue hair and lightning bolts shaved into my head.

I'll keep an eye out for all of you that are there.

18. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    How's it going at CC? Any good? Picked up and goodies?

19. Toughie

Toughie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    Anybody go to the V for Vendetta chat and see Natalie Portman?

20. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    Oh it was a fun time. :)

21. Drgnfyre4

May 25, 2005
    Got back from SD Comicon. Was a great fun time. Thursday was pretty kick back and relaxing, just met up with friends and had dinner at Dicks Last Resort. Friday, I hit the ground running and wore the Vader suit along with Brandon in his Willy Wonka. As is usual, we managed to get about three feet in the door and the picture mob began. We of course loved it.We did manage to attend the V for Vendetta panel and Brandon asked a question of Natalie Portman that got her pretty red faced and off gaurd( I will let him tell the story)and we also squeezed in the sneak preview clip for Corpse Bride!We walked away with freebie souvenier masks of V for Vendetta.We parked ourselves in front of the huge oversized Darth Vader statue at near the front of hall E and sweat it out for about three hours,non stop photos, until I needed to take a break and let the suit air out(eeeewwww)Brandon opted to attend that evenings Willy Wonka film premiere in costume and I was asked to attend the Master Replicas evening party as thier Darth Vader. The event was a blast, got to meet a lot of new friends as well as run into many old friends still working in the industry doing prototypes for the new MR lines.I got to meet the Vader from San Diego Fan Force who was visiting after having moved to I believe Miami. He was very nice and had some great suggestions for helping keep my suit cooler. Also met the woman in charge of the SD group, sadly I am bad with names especially at events like this.Spent a little time talking with William and Nikki who were dressed as zombies.William asked me if I could make the 501st pic the following morning but alas, an 8:30am picture event wasnt going to work for me.After the MR party there was a small Lucasfilm party that went into the wee hours.
    Saturday was a lot of fun, Brandon again wore WIlly Wonka and I wore my Capt. Marvel outfit. We did scores of interviews for so many tv stations and shows that we lost track of who was who. We attended the masquerade but did not compete. I think the both of us have tan lines now from all the flashburn! Sunday was pretty much a day to shop out of costume and have lunch and say goodbye to friends we might not see again till next con.

22. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    sounds like you had fun. we had tons of pictures taken of all of us as well. Not to mention half of Saturday we had the photographer and writer from teh paper with us.

23. Maulested

Maulested Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    ****!!!!!! I HATE YOU ALL!!!!!

My friend from one of my sewing classes and I had been planning to go since last January. We were making costumes. It was rad. Then the California Rally Series comes out with their 2005 schedule, late as usual. Comic Con is the same day as one of the championship races.... But there were three other days I could go... But then everything fell apart, I had to completely take over working on my car (I feeld like I must have like 10 D in mechanical now ; ) and I spent all three of those days working until 2 AM on my beloved car, Anakin. Missing con was crushing, but Anakin and I took 3rd in our class and are now leading the Western States championship, proving once again that Anakin is the best pod racer. And OMG! I have waited six years to meet Darth Maul!!!!!!!!!! Missed him AGAIN!!! *swoons* faints*

Does any one have any pictures? Please share!

And there was Harry Potter?!?!

I really missed out...

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Ray's really awesome. When you do make it to con, make sure to say hi. He loves meeting and talking to people. :)

Hey, there are some familiar faces...

(taken from Starwars.com)

[image=http://www.starwars.com/community/event/con/f20050712/20050712_picview/img/98.jpg]

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Linda? Donna?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.