main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA The Comic Con 2005 Info Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drgnfyre4

Drgnfyre4 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    I think it was Linda, she had reddish hair and was wearing a rebel trooper outfit.

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Yep, that's Linda.

3. Dune_Sea_Hermit

Dune_Sea_Hermit Jedi Master star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Kitchenvixen, was the reporter from the San Diego Union-Tribune? I think you wrote Herald-Tribune somewhere. I want to make sure I look at the right paper. Do you know when the article will be published?

I was one of the people who stopped you to photograph your family. Thanks!

4. kitchenvixen

kitchenvixen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    Yes San Diego Union Tribune...sorry. It will be in this upcoming Sunday's paper. If you can email me a copy of the picture you took I would appreciate it. My brother forgot to return my camera and our disposables came back mostly black :( Which sucks since it was our first year going.

5. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    just a correction: Linda's a founder and officer of the club, but she's not in charge.

btw, check out my photos:
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2123553267

6. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Hi everyone. I was able to go for the whole weekend but missed out entirely on the V for Vendetta masks I heard where being handed out. I am a big fan of the DC comics version(the original being in the British "Warrior" magazine) and can't wait for Nov 4/5 2007 . If you know of anyone with masks PM me please! I didn't see anybody at all with the masks but definitely checked out the prop display at the DC booth.

btw I thought I did see Linda, in her Imp Officer attire, but it was pretty busy at the store. Was able to get a photo with Mary F and Sansweet Sat though.

7. Drgnfyre4

May 25, 2005
    I did manage to snag two of the V for vendetta masks.

8. jdijade

jdijade Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2005
    Welcome to the IE boards, Kampilan. Be sure to stop by the Introductions thread and tell us a little bit about yourself.

9. Drgnfyre4

May 25, 2005
    They also gave out a nifty pin that I believe is a tie in to the movie I got two of those as well if you want one Kampilan.

10. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    When's the next event similar to this?

11. TarikJanis

TarikJanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Around July 2006

12. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    No conventions of any kind until July 2006???:confused:

13. jdijade

jdijade Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2005
    Like I posted on the last page, Sith, there are conventions throughout the year. There's an LA comic convention this month, and Dragon Con is coming up but it's way in Atlanta.

Try a Google search for either sci fi or comic conventions in California and see what comes up. Most cons have a web site for information.

Janell

14. TarikJanis

Jun 11, 2003

None like comic-con

15. TarikJanis

Jun 11, 2003
    Speaking of LA Comic-Con anyone going to that? Meg and I are thinking about it.

16. forceaficionado

forceaficionado Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2005
    I went to the San Diego Comic Con but I will not be able to go to Los Angeles. I do think that next year that this group should have a booth in San Diego Comic Con just like the San Diego and Orange County . I only new there was an IE group becuase someone in the San Diego group told me where to look. Are there any plans for this group to go to the next Comic-Con?

17. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    First of all, welcome!

Yeah, I think quite a few of us will being going to comic-con next year.

18. TarikJanis

Jun 11, 2003
    I don't think the IEFF will be able to get a table at comic-con. The 501st had a really tough time getting one this year and its getting harder and harder every year to get one. If anyone wants to spearhead getting a table be my guest. Thats something that it REALLY HARD to get done. Also keep in mind that Parksaber's Loned part of their booth to the SDSWS. Normally a booth on the exibit level can cost up to 2000 dollars. Not trying to put down the idea of having a booth at comic-con, just letting you guys know how difficult it is.

~Tommy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.