main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE Comics Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by gra-co_o_hun, Aug 8, 2006.

1. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    The question on my mind is, when will R2 spill the beans about what has happened in the SW universe in the past 100+ years? Sheesh! They built the best "secret keeping" program ever when they programmed that little droid. First he kept all the prequel stuff from Luke and now this!

I doubt Cade will fall. He'll probably just have a taste and need help coming back to the light, ala Luke from Dark Empire. Hopefully the story will be different from that one (since it's been done before), but we'll see.

2. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Anyone read the current issue of Amazing Spider-Man?

Pete, yet again, gives the old 1-2 punching to Iron Man and cleans his clock!

Tony deserves it! He is like the BIGGEST jerk in the Marvel U right now!

I know everyone is excited for the Iron Man movie but right now, Tony can kiss my @$$!

I hope Pete gives him another lesson soon! :mad:

3. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003

Stark has benn and always will be the spoiled rich boy. The sooner Dorothy and the lion take him back the better.

4. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    World War Hulk, is quite literally Kicking Ass as far as stories go. I'm just following the main story but from the looks of it, after Hulk takes over the Planet, he's gonna set up gladiatorial style games with guess who? as the fighters in the arena...

...yep, the Marvel U characters he captured!

SMACKDOWN! Marvel Style.

5. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    OK, while that sounds cool, I thought Banner was a slightly more...civilized man?

6. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Well Zoom, Banner is quite civilized, that is, he was until Reed Richards, Iron man, Black Bolt and Dr. Strange destroyed the planet he found peace on and also they killed his wife and his son. So yeah, Hulk is pissed!

7. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Comics = soap operas in illustrated story-panel form.

8. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Yes, but the scale is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler Chicken. ;)

9. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Well, yes, I agree. :D I mean, I actually bother to read comics.

10. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Hey Zoom! Dark Times is out!

...but no new Legacy. :(

I'm glad they are yet again down-sizing the amount of Spider-Man comic titles!

Amazing SM is not so amazingly selling more than the other titles combined. When will they learn? Greedy Bastiches!

11. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I still haven't picked up this month's Legacy. Should try to do that sometime this week...

12. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Read Dark Times #5 last night. Very Cool and some to do with Vader. I like that this picks up right after ROTS!
    Anakin is still in regretful mode over Panda Bear. [face_mischief] [face_chicken]

...and it seems not every Clone followed Order 66, which has Mr. Saltine quite upset and unleashes his favorite Sith Pet to dispatch some reconditioning of the imputent pups but won't see that til next issue and it seems Master K'kruhnk managed to survive as well.

The art for this book continues to be impressive, most impressive.

13. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Got Dark Times #6 -- haven't opened it yet, though. But I'm not a fan of the angsty self-hating Vader. That's so lame, IMO.

Last ish of Legacy, though -- ZOMG that was cool.

14. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Dark Times #6 is on top of the stack as the next read but not before I poured over KOTOR 19, 20, and 21.

This is THE best Star Wars title out as it pertains to the old style action of the original trilogy and let's face it, I'm "old school" at this point. [face_batting]
    Zayne is just the coolest as young knights go and you have the height of the Mandalorian Empire parked in the same lot. Frakkin' Awesome Man!
    The artist has changed but it still looks good.

DC's Countdown continues to deliver as truly one of the most interesting stories I have read in sometime and this format that DC went with is easy to follow and covers their whole universe. It also is hypnotic for me cuz I read "Crisis on Infinite Earths" back in the day and this comes full circle from that story. Very Cool!

Spider-Man is still my favorite title! I saw this great inked illustration of the Hobgoblin from AMS issue 238. I think I am gonna increase the size and put it a on shirt!

I have decided to pick up New Avengers again but it's gonna cost me a pretty penny to catch up from where I left off. :oops:

15. LadyoftheMandalore

LadyoftheMandalore Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    Just out of curiosity, where do you get your stuff? My local store always seems to be out of the most recent issues.

*edit*
    (that being Coins, Cards, and Comics) or maybe I'm just always a week late or something... I don't quite know.

16. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    I have a rather unique situation, in that I have gone to the same shop for 15 years and I'm good friends with the manager of the MHC store in Lakewood.
    He puts a lot aside for me but they always carry at least 4 weeks worth of new back issues Katie. It really depends on which week you go in and what title comes out in which week of a month. If something you are looking for comes out in the first week and you go at the end of the month, that could be why you are missing out. Most comic shops have a list of what is coming out the following week or two so check with them and they might be able to help you gauge your timing.

You can look up Mile High Comics on Google and there should be a spot that tells you locations.

Happy Hunting!

17. LadyoftheMandalore

Mar 28, 2007
    Sweet! I'll have to check it out. The Lakewood branch is the one closest to me.

18. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    That store is at Wadsworth and First.

If you go in Wednesday thru Saturday, Dave is the manager on duty. Tell him your a friend of mine and then most likely he will ask you to leave the shop. [face_laugh] just kidding but really, if you were in there and I walked in, You would see how much crap he gives me but he's a good friend and he is very knowledgeable as well. He can order things like back issues too Katie. :D

19. LadyoftheMandalore

Mar 28, 2007
    o_O Ooohhh... huh. Methinks I'll have to definitely drop by. :D

Thanks Cory![:D]

20. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Urf. Am 2 months behind on my comics, but will stop by the shop tomorrow omw to Isabel's parent-teacher conference thing.

Oh, and yesterday I did this.

21. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    Nice! I'm finally catching up on some of my comic series. Caught up on Legend, Empire and now Rebellion. Need to start Dark Times and I'll be all set again!

22. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Nice work, Zoom!!

I finished "52" last week - yep, the whole series. I think I caught the fourth trade right as it came out... maybe. So, I bought vols. 3 and 4 together. What a ride! I REALLY liked how they tied up all the storylines too - great stuff!!

Oh, and they won me back to liking Booster. ;)

23. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Oh Good Chicken! I'm glad you liked it!

Now ya gotta do Countdown!

24. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    I know! :D And trust me, "Countdown" won't escape without being read. Just... are any of the trades out for it yet?

25. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Nice work, Zoom! That looks great.