main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN The Comics Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Shara, Sep 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redphive5

Redphive5 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    There is so much Batman on the shelves that I usually get lost.

I read The Killing Joke years ago and thought it was really good. If Year One is the Frank Miller book, that's on my list to pick up one of these days. I also used to read Legends of the Dark Knight because it was easy to jump on for a story-arc every once in a while.

2. SummerSock

SummerSock Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2002
    Batman: Year One is Frank Miller and it is extremely awesome! (They are considering doing a movie from it.)

3. NyghtFyre

NyghtFyre Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    Crap, someone beat me to it. Yes, B:Y1 is indeed a work of the great Frank Miller. I heard that movie bit somewhere as well...same thing with Batman:Beyond.

4. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    batman: year one was put on hold for a batman/superman movie which has just been put on hold for a superman solo movie. which is the worst idea in the history of bad ideas.

5. NyghtFyre

Oct 14, 2002
    I agree...leave Supes as he was. Why change it??

6. zuckuss1138

Oct 26, 2001
    and why hold off on a batman movie for a superman?

7. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    Green Lantern is better than BOTH of them put together & he hasn't been allowed even ONE movie where both of those slackers have had multipe movies already! Who needs to see another one of either! ;)

8. NyghtFyre

Oct 14, 2002
    Green Lantern who?? JK EG! I am sure that there is/will be a movie in the works for a lot of them now with the success of the X-Men and Spidey. The work on The Hulk looks great so far, I can't wait to see it next summer.

9. Noval

Noval Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2002
    Spider-Man rules the comic book world baby!!! :D

Noval

10. NyghtFyre

Oct 14, 2002
    Yeah maybe your "comic book world." I'd take the Dark Knight anyday over the webslinger. :p

11. zuckuss1138

Oct 26, 2001
    the DD movie looks great so far. hopefully it will come out that way.

12. NyghtFyre

Oct 14, 2002
    DD looks interesting from what little I have seen....hopefully Ben Affleck's presence will not hinder the movie-I have had a tough time swallowing him as Matt Murdock/DD since they announced it. Guess we'll find out on Valentine's Day weekend (a great "date" movie???....)

13. zuckuss1138

Oct 26, 2001
    yeah, now all i gotta worry about is the date

14. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    The date or getting A date??? ;)

15. zuckuss1138

Oct 26, 2001
    getting the date

16. Redphive5

Jun 29, 2002
    Star Wars: Infinities - The Empire Strikes Back #4 came out today. This finishes up the series. ROTJ should follow. Also hitting the shelves today... Volume 3 of the collected Marvel comics.

Also.. New X-Men #134

17. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Man I am so behind on comics because I've just been so poor. Oh well.

So is anyone interested in going to Mid-Ohio Con? I know I've talked about it before, but it's next weekend and was just wondering. I may be getting a pass for 2 people to get in free (myself included in that 2) so if anyone is going and wants to get in, let me know. It looks like all the SW related people at the con will be in the same area, so that's pretty much where I'll be the whole time. Woo! :D

18. Noval

Noval Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2002
    I'll take a free pass please! :D

I need to go meet Amy Allen!!!

Oh yeah I'll be bringing my armor too.

Noval

19. zuckuss1138

Oct 26, 2001
    id love to go but dont think id be able too.

20. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Wow I need to check this thread more often. Sorry Noval. Wish you would have contacted me. I could have taken you along. It was a fun time and you would have been able to troop with some of the Ohio Squad.

Btw, I found out that two SW artists both live in columbus OH. Joe Corroney, who is originally from Indy, and Jeff Carlisle both live there and are now my new friends :D Anyways, Joe said that he would like to come to a meeting sometime, whether he is in town to visit his family or not. I bet he could bring Jeff along too if I asked nicely. Joe used to do art for the West End RPG stuff and still does various projects for magazines and whatnot. Jeff is the first person to draw and have published the Yuuzhan Vong, so anyone who draws it uses his sutff as reference. Both of them have had work in Gamer and I think Insider. If any of you guys would be interested in having them over here sometime, let me know.

You can also see their work at JoeCorroney.com[/link and JeffCarlisle.com

Jeff will be here for sure for Gen Con this summer, and we're trying to get Joe and our friend Jan Duursema to come as well. Also, Jeff and I are working on getting Amy to Gen Con as well. :)

21. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
  22. Redphive5

Jun 29, 2002
    Well... Let me just dig up this thread from page six on the IK board.

Begun this Clone War has...

As you may or may not know, the EU has been granted new life. The events of the Clone Wars, spanning the time period between Ep II and Ep III, will be covered in comics, video games, novels, action figures, SW Insider fiction, etc.

Well we hit the motherload in comics today! Check out the official site's coverage of today's releases. I picked both of them up today. These are both special issues with extra large content.

Star Wars: Republic #50 is 64 pages including three stories that tell the tale of the Epic Battle for Kamino! ($5.99 - Prestige format, special 50th issue celebration, yada-yada-yada...)

Star Wars Jedi: Mace Windu is a hefty volume that starts a series of jedi focused one-shots. ($4.99)

I'll hold off on any discussion or spoilers until we all get a chance to read them.

23. zuckuss1138

Oct 26, 2001
    has everyone seen daredevil? what did you think? i loved it. i thought the did a great job keeping it dark and violent. bullseye was a pleasent surprise for me, they kept him crazy just like in the comics. and of course elektra was awsome.

p.s. has anyone been keeping up with the loeb/lee batman run?

24. NyghtFyre

Oct 14, 2002
    I quite enjoyed DareDevil and was overall very pleased with the adaptation. Like Zuckuss, I really enjoyed Colin Farrell's "Bullseye." I even thought that Ben Affleck pulled off the dual roles well. There was some great imagery in the movie- I loved the MM/DD house and the stained-glass window bit with DD/BE. I would like to see it again to pick-up on things I missed before.

25. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    I've read Jedi but not made it to Republic yet because I haven't read the last issue and need to catch up. Jedi rocked my world...I can't wait to see the others when they come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.