main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Coming Storm - An AU Short Story; Obi-Wan, Padmé, Luke - Cover Art added 1/31

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gina, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Wonderful tie-in Gina :D

2. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    stormqueen874

Thank you very much. [face_blush] [face_blush]

RebelMom

Thank you! :D I just imagined that Obi-Wan would want to let Beru know what had happened to Padme.

Jazz_Skywalker

Thanks, jazz. :) Glad you liked the touch with the flowers.

VaderLVR64

Thanks, K! [:D] And, hey, you've had me in tears many times, so now we're even. :p

wendynat

Thank you so much. [face_blush] That is very kind. I'm glad you enjoyed the story. Thanks so much for reading. :)

SkelenFehl

That is very flattering, and I thank you. [face_blush] And I know someone else to needs to get his thinking cap on, too. I have to find out what happens to Doxy! ;)

Master_Noi

Thanks! :D Glad you liked the ending.

Sabe126

Thanks! :D Owen is a gruff man, but I believe he only wanted to protect Luke, even if that meant they couldn't always have the best relationship. Thanks again for reading.

CrystalKenobi

Thank you! :) Glad you liked the tie-in, I mean, he had to have some reason to be wandering around in the desert when Luke needed him. :p Thanks for reading!

ginchy

Thank you for your kind words. :D It seemed appropriate that Padme would be the reason they were brought together once again.

Jedikma

Thanks! [:D] I appreciate that!

Anakin_Heartbreaker

Wow! Thank you. [face_blush] That is such a compliment, and I appreciate it. :)

Jedi_Tigris

Thanks! :) Beru just wanted to pay her respects to Padme in her own way, and you're right, Owen just wanted to protect his family. Thanks so much for reading!

maramijade

Thank you! :D

Again, many thanks to everyone for taking the time to read this story. [face_love]

~Gina

3. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    How did I miss this? Just beautiful! I love the way you explained Owen's behavior toward Obi-Wan--it makes sense that he would feel that way. Poor Luke, he always knew he was out of place out there on Tatooine. Very nice work and I can't wait until you update To Tame the Beast.

4. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    Anakins_Force

Thank you! [face_blush] [face_blush] As much as this was a Padmé and Obi-Wan story, I think it was also an Owen story. It's easy to see him as gruff, maybe even uncaring, but I believe he did what he had to do in order to keep Luke safe, even if it meant that there would be a distance between them. Maybe he sometimes went about it in the wrong way (his hostilities toward Obi-Wan), but his intentions were in the right place.

And, I'm working on the next chapter for Beast. ;)

Thanks so much for reading and for your kind comments. :D

5. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    I think I started reading this a while back but somehow lost track of it. Glad I found it again. So beautiful. Got to love little Lukie.

6. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    ZaraValinor

Thank you! [face_blush]

It was a challenge writing a young Luke, but I loved doing it. Glad you enjoyed the story. :)

7. michaellover

michaellover Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    this was a beautiful history [face_love]

I don't care about Owen and Beru's logics, they were selfish, Padme entrrusted them a child, and they turned their backs on the very people that made their wish to have a family posible, triying (and managing) to steal from little Luke the chance to spend time with Padme knowing she was his mother, and forming memories that for a child are some of the most important, and at the same time rejecting a dying woman wish :mad:

8. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    michaellover

Glad you liked the story. :)

Whether he was right or wrong, I still think Owen's motives all came down to fear for Luke's safety. As for Beru, I always imagine her as falling somewhere in the middle. As mothers, I think she felt a connection, a compassion, for Padme (at least at the end), but she, too, was afraid of what would happen to Luke if he knew the truth. Their actions were selfish, but that selfishness stemmed from their fear for Luke's life. Does that make it right...that's one of the things I wanted to touch on in this story. It's such a tragic situation for all involved.

Thanks again for reading! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.