main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive The Community Social Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Despite my long record of fascistic tendencies, I can quite clearly assert that this is not fascism.

:)

However, if you don't join us, you will be killed. :)

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    give me creative freedom of give me bannings.[face_plain]

:snoopy

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Worry not, Comrade Trimaj, the resources through which you can be saved from your own dangerous opinions are out there!:)

4. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    S'truth.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Comrade Trimaj! It is inevitable! It is your destiny to conform!

6. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    If only Sword_of_Raditz could see us now... *sniff sniff*

7. Wall8

Wall8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2002
    We are not amused. We do not like communist slogans being hung up on us.

8. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    That's okay, Wall8. The point is not amusement, but EQUALITY.

STRENGTH THROUGH SIMILARITY!

9. Wall8

Wall8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2002
    Now hear this, little girl: we are Wall8. 8 is not equal to 7, nor is it equal to 3. It is mathematically impossible.

Therefore, we transcend your pitiful initiatives and demand that these atrocious posters be removed from us this instant. This monochromatic nonsense must end: in ages past, we were an art gallery and now we find ourselves reduced to a mere bulletin board for your community folderol!

We will not be consigned to ignominy. We are the eighth and final wall, and there are no other walls like us. We will not be broken, as the fourth wall was. We will not fall, as our cousin in Germany did. And the pretensions of our Han brother aside, we are the greatest wall there ever was.

And don't you forget it.

10. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Yes.

In other news we have always been at war with Oceania.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I think the writing's on the wall, guys.

12. Rally_Fan_84

Rally_Fan_84 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 14, 2009
    That it is. And it says...

"Pay no attention to the mods behind you with big hammers..."

"Aw crap..."

13. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    *Sigh*

Wall8.

EDIT: THIS IS NOT CALLED HOOPERS. I AM NOT AMUSED.

ANGRY RAYSON IS ANGRY.

EDIT2: inb4thok

14. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    A new entry on the list of EU things that bother Hammur:

Coruscant. Okay, so we have a galactic capital for thousands of years. Then we have the Galactic Civil War, in which Coruscant is taken and re-taken and taken again, to the point of absurdity and then some. We're talking years of siege interrupted by months of 'peace' followed by another year or two of siege. Okay, so it's an important city. It keeps getting attacked. Now if only anyone could properly defend it.

But that's not really my issue. The issue is that they keep fighting over it for at least a decade, when the planet really shouldn't be much more than wreckage by then. It shouldn't be worth fighting over, much less trying to rebuild a capital on.

Why does the Rebellion feel the urge to recreate an arguably flawed government? And why on earth would they seek to follow it detail-for-detail, centering their Republic on the wreckage of a planet that is the center of nothing but war for decades? The answer: the EU writers don't have the creative capacity to generate another city-planet. They certainly don't have the capacity to generate another galactic government, so the New Republic is essentially the Old Republic redux. And thus, we have the root of an EU that can't seem to do anything but run around in circles, from one good vs evil crisis to the next.

15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well...

Tradition is difficult to shift, I supposed. Coruscant was the capital for 25,000 years, and the creators of the New Republic believed that it was all Palpatine - not the flawed system. So Mon Mothma, Garm Bel Iblis and Leia recreated the system, and without the Jedi to keep it together. Thus it's an exceptionally weak system, and falls with ease. Can't blame them for trying. The GA was far too Empire-like, as well...

I don't think we've seen a genuine democratic government yet, but the GA is going to sort it out, eventually - if the triumvirate in Legacy is any indication...

The EU actually put the capital on Denon, once, and everyone in the Lit forums rejoiced. And then they put it back on Coruscant. Bah. Like in any war, it can be hard to hang onto a system if your opponent really wants it.

16. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I have it on authority of the higher ups that the likes of Wall8 will not be tolerated on the board. The Party has put down the likes of him before: the Brotherhood, D.E.N.T.A.L, and that little known GM's club that sprouted up briefly to be quashed. Users like Wall8 will go the way of users like Manny_Gold84, banned from the forum, forced to skulk in filthy socks, and forever doomed to do without the light of the Party's leadership and wisdom.

Any posters seen reading The Theory and Practice of Modsquad Collectivism, otherwise known as The Book, will be punished.

Similarly, viewing of the animated film WALL-E is discouraged, in order to limit confusion with Wall8.

Henceforth, each day at 11:00, posters will be encouraged to participate in the Two Minutes Flame.

17. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    This is because we all know Sinre really isn't in charge. He yields to the Dark Moddess. [face_devil]

18. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    ...the ****? This is bull****, Impy. Now, I actually have to open the Resource Forum.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    But as Wall8 goes, so do the other walls.

And where would the RPF be without walls?

20. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    The same spot? Or, were you looking for, "Outside"?

21. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    What the **** did hammer do?

What the hell is going on here?:mad:

-B-

22. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    Can I write another glowing endorsement of American Beauty? If you haven't seen it, this is a film that it is in your best interest to stop ignoring. I'm a huge film person, and let me say this: I don't have to exaggerate to say this film rivals the best of all time. Every element is perfect. The writing is taut. Witty. Brilliant. Every actor does wonders for their character, and Spacey brings in an enormous, stirring performance. Every line, every camera movement, every element has purpose. Every detail is meaningful. Every moment filling - many gorgeous, enormous, incredible.

There is nothing in the world that I could possibly recommend more.

23. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    We will never see Reynar in here. Ever.

Also, now I have to actually look into the Resource Forum.o_O

-B-

24. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Free of all limiting boundaries and barriers, of course.

25. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    except that now it's even more limited.

DOWN WITH THE PARTY!

:snoopy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.