main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~~* The Community Thread *~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Amidala_Skywalker, Mar 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    The Community Thread
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Welcome! I?m Amidala_Skywalker, one of your new fanfiction moderators :).

I would love to extend a greeting to everyone visiting this thread, and a wish that you will all be generous enough to contribute. It is my hope that this thread will seek to unite us, despite the impending split of the boards. For the past few weeks, I have heard some concerns from users that they feel fanfiction will be losing its long-running sense of family. This thread has been created so we can all come together to discuss familiar matters and make good friends along the way.

Yes, this thread is a little bit early, as the split is half a day away (or something along those lines), though I thought we should adopt the role of the early bird and catch the worm. If you do have any concerns, please PM me. I will be checking on this thread daily and adding to the discussion, so if you feel you want to chat with me or have a question, please do voice it.

As per usual, please comply with the JC site rules. That is all I ask. Other than that, this is a free for all. This thread is somewhere to enjoy yourself, kick off your shoes, and just have a casual chat. I, myself, hope I?ll meet some new people and strike up a discussion.

Here?s something to kick us off: We all have many friends here, but what makes them so close to your heart? Name a few people and describe the qualities they possess which you admire.

Contact Details:

Amidala_Skywalker
    PM
    Email = ladyserenity_moon@hotmail.com

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Great idea, Amsie. :)

Well, I guess I have to start off with my first friend at the JC, way back in the winter of 1999: Ty-Gon Jinn. :) I met him in a JA Run-On story, and have just been attached to the guy every since. He is one of those great authors that doesn't get the credit he deserves (and stop blushing, Ty!) Love ya bunches and you better not leave me to deal with the masses of newbies by myself anytime soon! ;)

Second, I have to say Maeve Nadia, by beloved coauthor. I've been writing with her for about 3 years now (sheesh, THAT long?) and she's become more like a big sister to me. It seems that we talk more about what's happening in our lives than we do about our stories!! Te amo, mi hermana! :D

And now, in random order:

Stranded in Space - Jess, you've been with me since the beginnning, and I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for me.

CasperKnightshade - Casp, you've done more than you know for me. Simply by reading and replying to Incurable, you've helped me through one of the toughest times in my life. Love ya bunch, and keep up the random signatures! :p

Amsie - one of the quickest friend's I've met here, you've been there for my ups and downs, like the loving "little" sister that I've always needed. Lova ya bunch. ~Mineral

The Clique:
    Sache(We all need water buffalos, ya know), Danni(Hakuna Matata, chica!), Kady(Roses!!), Mom(Long live the West Coasters!), Qwi(Early congrats to you and Ryke both!!), Jade(HERBIE!!) , Marie(CAKE! ;)), Dave(Again Congrats to you and Lar both!), Matt(it's always fun with you around, dude!), Seb(I still like Parked better!), Em(Love ya to death, dah-ling! Keep up the writing!), Kev(Superbowl Shuffle!), Mel(Wouldn't be the Clique without you!), Arna(The person who invited me into the Clique! Forever in your debt, chica!), Kirk(LOL... What Anna said below! Jo's lucky to have a guy like you, and congrats to you both on the baby!), Anna(Hehehe... Long live Schnoogle!), Christine(STILL love the dress and am waiting for mine! ;)), Luney(May you future be very Lukeful), Jen(RISK!! And long live the High Queen of Gondor!), Tim(Thanks for all the homework help!): My "Disfunctional Family," I love you all and hope that our wacky friendships never end!

The Handmaidens: I haven't met all of you yet, unfortunately, but for those of you that I have, my "crazy sororiety", love you all, and long live ToD! :p

And of course, to my mentor (though she didn't know it), Jane Jinn: Jane, you were one of the first authors that I met. You subconsciously showed me the ropes of the JC, and how simple kindness will you get you far on these boards. Thank you a thousand times over!

Lastly, but certainly not least, to our fabo mods, who have put up with me these almost 4 years!! Without you, none of this all could happen! Hugs and kisses all around to you!

If I did not list you, do not think that it was because I don't love you... It's just that it's 11:30 pm and this blonde's mental capacity is failing! :p However, you do know who you are, and I still love you all!

Long live Las Piratas quien no hacer nada! :D

3. ThePodSquad

ThePodSquad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2001
    Okay well I'm just going to jump in here.

Now for my special friends...

Amidala_Skywalker, my very bestest friend on here, we've chatted for over a year and she's just been so great. She listens when I need to ramble and has just been so fun to talk to...I guess I can't say enough about her.

Jedi_Suzuran great girl, and who doesn't love a Xanatos lover? AND she shares my same, slightly twisted, LotR 'ships.

VaderIncarnate crazy, fun-loving Elli! She's just the most fun in the whole wide world, her and her monkies.

obaona fellow homeschooler, got send her props for that ;) Great writer as well...

Honorable Mentions:

ThatJediGirl, my very first buddy on here, have been out of touch for a while but I felt the need to mention her.

All the other Handmaidens great chatting with you guys, and I hope for many more games of ToD!

Hannah

4. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Ahhh, too many to count. ;)

We don't talk much anymore, but she was the first person on the JC who ever IM-ed me: Master_Comedy_Kitty. She unintentionally opened me to a larger world. ;)

My lovely co-writer, vader_incarnate - I love ya girl. ;) I posted a plot bunny, she PM'ed me about it, and the rest is history and insanity. She's my dearest clone. [face_love]

Amidala_Skywalker, for thinking I was good enough to ask me to join an RR. That - er - didn't work out, but I got to meet her and others through it. She and I are best of buds now, and talk daily. She's my best friend - I mean, who can else can you discuss house prices and the selling/buying market with? :) *huggies*

Can't forget CalaisKenobi - I think MCK introduced me to her. ;) I learned how to socialize online from her, among various other things . . . like how authors can drive a reader nutso with cliffhangers. ;)

The rest of the handmaidens, just because you are what you are. :)

And Hannah. :cool:

5. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Well, this is only a short, short list, in no order whatsoever. :p

Padawan_Travina: We've corrupted each other so many times on the boards, chat and AIM, it ain't even funny. I still blame you for the state of my mind, missy! :p

obi_ew: Master!!!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] My lovely master!!! Yet another who corrupted me(She must trade notes with PT :p ). I'm a Xani-holic thanks to her. [face_mischief] Good or bad? Ask her. ;)

vader_incarnate: The sugar companies are making a fortune off of her. :p ;) [face_mischief] [face_devil] Amazing the things you can get up to, aye, pirate girl? ;) :p [face_dancing] >:D<

PaddyJuan: The number one frog of the fan fic boards. :) Can't ask for better.

Cascadia: Great author, who was one of my first readers!!! :eek: :eek: You're the best! [face_love]

Amsie: A harsh taskmaster!!!! [face_devil] Kidding. A great empress and even better friend. :) RDA and ToD-aholic that she is. ;) [face_love]

ThePodSquad: Power to strange 'ships! 8-}

oba: The Queen of Vignettes. 8-} *salutes oba* Couldn't ask for better. *hugs*

Other handmaidens: TF (more pyro Obi, please?????!!!!), Dusty, Kris, Emmi, LP, et al, you guys are the best!

Arldetta: Sith Lady who plots killing sprees on my thread. [face_devil] 'Nuff said.

And there are so many others out there. I like you all!!!!!! (hey, it's midnight, and I did say short) [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

6. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    And of course, to my mentor (though she didn't know it), Jane Jinn: Jane, you were one of the first authors that I met. You subconsciously showed me the ropes of the JC, and how simple kindness will you get you far on these boards. Thank you a thousand times over!

[face_blush] You're welcome! I had no idea that I was showing you how the JC worked -- if that's true, then I was probably just one step ahead of you at the time, still figuring things out for myself. And as for kindness, it's something I work hard on because I think it's important for everybody, even though I know I've slipped up every so often and inadvertantly hurt or insulted someone.

My friends?

Mistress Renata She threw down the gauntlet and challenged me to write a story without Obi-Torture. I picked it up, repented of my tortuous ways, and we discovered that we had a lot in common, such as our love of original characters.

Marnie We were kind of a mutual admiration society and loved to praise and help with each other's writing. Sadly, she seems to have left SW for the greener fields of LOTR fandom.

Kit' She was the first friend I ever made here on the boards -- it was also a mutural admiration society -- and we exchanged daily e-mails until, sadly, real life got in the way. Now we communicate infrequently, but I'm still quite fond of her.

7. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Well, I haven't really been here long enough to have many particular friends, but I've decided to stick around because everyone's so nice here.

Aanix_Durray and Puggy have been really nice to me though. Thanks guys. The crazy lot in The_Standmaidens story thread (shadow legacy) never fail to make me laugh. And the same goes for Am and her handmaidens.

Also, everytime I've asked a stupid question that I don't know the answer to people have explained it to me without laughing at me. You're all wonderful!

8. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    This is a great idea, Am! *hugs*

Well, my friends on the JC are special to me because they don't make judgements on how I look or what I've said or done in the past. A lot of things have changed in my life in the past two or three years, and my RL friends just won't let them slide. My best friends are here (and yes, of course, Am my two RL BFs, Whit and Jon) so without furthur ado:

Amses: My best friend on the boards for so many reasons. You were one of the first people I met here, and you've stuck with me through so much even when I'd lied to you about the whole sock thing. I joke about it now, but you'll never know just how relieved I was to know I didn't lose you in all of that. My sister, my twin, my best friend, my Empress...you have my love and loyalty forever. :)

Dart: My big brother! Dart is my spiritual confidant...he talks to me about things that I no one else would ever dare bring up. He brainstorms with me, he comforts me when I'm down, and he loves to have fun! Though he's awfully busy lately (Darn college!) he still takes the time to e-mail me every day. Love you, Dart!

Gabi: My newest close friend here on the JC! You're so wonderful, Gabi-dearest! *hugs* Gabi and I share a passionate love of L/M writing, and she is a marvelous author! She's also just plain fun to talk to...Love you, Gabi!

Those are my three best friends; I'm short on time and will be returning later!

-Emmi

9. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    My special friends...

Obis-Girl - My twin. The pen name I normally go by is obi's girl. We both love Obidala, have a respect for Buffy and she's a good writer.

Inyri_Forge, okay, well it's more a respect for her. I wrote the first J/J fic but the way she writes them, her fics are just really awesome and I'm going to be very sad when 'Evasion' comes to an end.

JazzyJedi - I've followed Jazzy's Sabe/Obi-Wan stories since they first debuted @ ff.n, and finally, after a long time, I finally read the conclusion. I think it'd be fun if one day, we co-wrote an Obi-Wan/Sabe fic together.

Rogue11LovesJag, my beta-reader. She's been a great help, editing my 'Mended' for me and upcoming 'Trickster'.

~aeryn

10. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Special friends? Hmm...

Definitely Knight-Ander. He was one of my first readers and I'm always thrilled to see his reply pop up on my screen. Not to mention the fact that his stunning writing has taught me something about description and capturing your readers. I also grew attached to my loyal upper Satoshi, and I'm becoming a dedicated fan of dedicated fans of OC stories--my readers are always considerate and leave excellent replies!

Most recently, Empress Amsié and all of the handmaidens. I haven't met everyone yet, but I'm really enjoying talking to them!

11. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Ames, you jusgt keep on proving how much u deserve those colors- great idea here. I know this split makes me nervous, and i havent reached one-year membership here!

Hmm, where to start.... j/k. its a short list i assure you!

Nikita To whom i owe my JC membership to. Without her i wouldn't know this place existed. Nik, you're one of my best friends, on the Boards as well as real life, and i love ya *hugs*

Mcily_Nochi One of my fav authors here. I don't know what's more fun to read, you're stories or your replies. ATCSL was one of the first stories i clicked on and i feel in love w/ it. The rest is fun history. No one writes Han like you do ;) . Thanx for everything.

Amidala_Skywalker Since that's the name i originally knew you by ;) . Thanks so much for everything you've done for me. My time here wouldn't half of what it has been if not for you. I consider you a dear friend, and i hope it continues.

Special Shout-out to fellow Handmaidens I still don't know any of you that well, but what i do know of you all i love and adore. To those of you who took the time to IM me and talk one on one, thank you. Here's to more late night madness ;) 8-} Assuming i actually get some online time....... but enough of that

Here's to a successful split and many more friendships!!!

::Windstar Out::

12. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Oh my goodness! So many people to name!

Amsie: My beloved Empress! What would I have done without you after all this time? Am and I go way back, when we first started working on the Strands of Time series. We had some fun then! ;) I'd have to say that I've always admired her and she's been a wonderful friend. She's gotten me through more than she'll ever know.

And besides, we share a common adoration in Richard Dean Anderson! ;) :D

Emmi: Ah, dear one. Never could I forget you! ;) You, the self-appointed protector of Luke, and me, the one who considers it a holy mission to torture Luke as much as humanly possible! [face_devil] Our insanity has taken our minds to levels that probably should not be explored.

The Court of the Empress: I have not met all of you, sadly, but I do know a few of you and I am proud to be a part of this team! Together, with our Empress to lead us, we will conquer the Jedi Council Boards and soon after, the WORLD! BWAHAHAHAHA! [face_devil]

There are so many others in this place that I cherish as well. However, if I tried to name them all, I would probably be here for at least a month! *blows kisses at everyone*

Love ya everyone! :)

AQ

13. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    TEH HANDMAIDENS - * Imperial March plays * I HEART YOU GUYS! * Stumbles up to the mic in drunken stupor and starts singing crappy wedding songs * I am the lady of chaotica! We will rule teh JC!

Suzae - PYRO OBI WILL COME BACK, IF ONLY FOR YOU! :D

Oba, Amsie,... uh... other senior handmaidens - Thank you for welcoming me into the extraordinary group. :)

My Apprentice: WOO! I HEART YOU, TOO!

WE'RE GOING STREAKING!

* Passes out on the stage *

THEFALLEN

14. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Thanks for participating! Glad to see this is all pulling together :D. Well, the board split is only a few hours away *fingers crossed*. I cannot believe the boards are changing after all these years. It?ll definitely be surreal.

With my list, I have so many people I could name. I wrote everyone?s name down on a piece of paper and ended up running out of room. I have met some many diverse people, each with qualities I admire, and abilities that I amaze me. Forgive me if I?ve missed out someone important on this list (you?re in my heart).

When I first joined the boards, I was lost in all the threads of this board and just how massive it was. It seemed so hard getting to know the people and finding a place in this wonderful community. Fortunately I had help from Pallas-Athena, the first person I ever knew, and she acted as my friend, beta-reader, and just listening board. Our friendship will be coming up to its second year anniversary, and I don?t regret any of it. Pallas_Athena ? Jayen to most people ? always underestimates her abilities, despite people telling her she is better than she thinks. She?s fantastic and has a wonderful sense of humour. Next came DarthIshtar, whom I met through? someone. I always admired Ish because she was so sure of what she was doing and what she had to do. She taught me to stand by my principles, and how to write well. Over the short time I knew her, I hero-worshipped her, and she took me as her padawan. It was a great experience. Ish will be returning later this year.

Ish introduced me to Melyanna, padawan_lunetta and the crowd she knew. That was the first semblance of a group to me. I felt like I fitted in. The girls were so nice and willing to lend an ear. I must have known them for at least a year and a half now, and though I don?t talk to them everyday, they know I still value their friendship.

A few months after I joined the board, I decided to help AngelQueen with the ?Strands of Time? series, and there I met Lady_Kenobi and jade_angel. I cried late last year when we had to stop the RR and move on ? that?s how precious it was. I have fond memories of working with all of them. It couldn?t have been better. Somewhere along here I met Mar17swgirl, one of my really good friends. We used to talk daily, about anything, and I love her dearly. She understands the ?Dork Side? and we connect. I still talk to her by PM, and we?re hoping we can continue our weird humour saga.

Before The Clique was established, I knew two girls who kept me waking up in the morning early and going to bed late. They were AASkywalker (Micha) and TwilightKat (Katsy). Regrettably I?ve lost contact with Katsy, who was going through a rough time when I last talked with her. I still talk to Micha occasionally, but our busy schedules prevent us from meeting up more often. I love these girls, honestly. When I was lost, they reached me and pulled me back. I admire their strength, their compassion, and their belief in our friendship.

Next came The Clique (forgive me if I don?t get all the names), the group I talked with daily. It comprises of Mely (love your wit), Luney (worship your craziness), Mom (I haven?t talked to you a lot, but you seem very nice), Fluffy (you?re very cute!), Mi (I?ll get some sleep someday), Qwi (*gets out welcome banner for Anakin*), Sache (how?s yesterday coping?), Tim (thanks for the chats), Seb (welcome back), Em (hope you?re feeling much better), Mara (go LOTR hot dudes), Matt (thanks), Kev (you?ve been great), Dave (good luck in the future), Marie (best wishes), Arna (one massive brain you have there), Jadey (how?s the weather?), Fruity (roses!), Emma (thanks!). I have fond memories of chatting with all of you. Thank you for allowing me to get to know you.

Yes, bingo, this trip down memory lane is coming to an end. Of course I cannot forget the Handmaiden ? my girls, my friends, and my sanity. I love you all. I?m going to have to name you, because individually you are all so special to me. The Handmaidens are (in random order) Mi, Dusty, AQ, Oba, Hannah, Vi, Emmi, PSK,

15. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    JediFalcon and I met in the Rogue Squadron HQ thread last year. I very calmly made myself known my dumping sushibeer on her head. The result lasted in a fight that lasted for a few posts until we agreed on a cease fire.

One year later, we're great buddies. Thanks for the good times Falcon!

Ginger_Jedi Was one of the first 'oldbies' I spoke with. She and the entire Jedi Council over at the Lightside of the Force made me feel welcome. Thanks to you all!!

16. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Let's see...

... back in the early months of 2001, March to be exact, I came to the boards in hopes to be a fan fiction writer. Well, that's only half worked out so far. But, I have met some awesome people along the way.

RentonKenobi: I haven't talked to her in such a long time, but we chatted about everything when I first came to the boards. She was my first friend and will always be in my heart.

PadawanLunetta: Then came the supreme insanity - Luney. She's crazy, but who really can't love her?! [face_love]

ThePodSquad: Gosh, we go back. Far back. Back to the days when I had a story on the board :eek:. Crazy stuff.

SunnyBubbles: Ashley, we are going to post our story sooner or later.

And then there is the crazy world of the Clique. And I have noticed, there's been a lot of crazy people here.

Mel- Anna1!!! We are the double A's. And one day, we will have our own talk show!
    Luney- I really do not know what to say.
    Mom- I think I have talked to you once, but you seen very sensible.
    Fluffy- Danni! HP is the best!
    Mi- I haven't talked to you much, much you always seem nice and you introduced me to Schnoogle!
    Qwi- I almost cannot believe what you are naming your baby!
    Sache- Sach. Another HP fan.
    Tim- You are the best poem writer ever.
    Seb- Sebbums. What is up!
    Em- Where've you been girl?! I miss ya!
    Mara- All that can come to mind is Strider. Nothing but Strider.
    Matt- The Wompster!
    Kev- Wow, I remember this one time I accidentaly called you Keving and everyone laughed. I felt dumb, but there are worse nicknames I had for you ;)
    Dave- There's too many people I don't know well, and you are one of them, so Hello!
    Marie- I don't know you that well either, but you were never mean to me, so I like you.
    Arna - Don't you have the obsession with Jango ;)
    Jadey- I haven't talked to you much, but you always seemed nice.
    Kady- ZAT! POW! It's Pop, it really is. POP. Not Soda. And it's Coke, not Pepsi ;)
    Emma- The Draco Trilogy. It's as simple as that ;)
    Wik/Lar- Once I get my license, I will take Ashley and we'll go pick you up at your place. From there, we will go to Canada to spy on Hayden. Then, we will kidnap him and stuff him in our Jetta's trunk.
    Christine: HEY! I love the dress - it's so beautiful.
    Kirk: You are one good looking guy. Jo is lucky to have you :)

17. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Omigosh...

This is hard. There are so many wonderful people I've met on the board I'd hate to hurt anyone by leaving them out...but people who really made my day (several times over) (in no particular order)

JediSuzuran - for being the first person to ever PM me or to post on a thread of mine

obaona - my favorite beta-client, fun bossy handmaiden for PM madness. * waves *

vader_incarnate - Elli, you're just too much fun. Hamsters to you!

Gabri_Jade - Lovely court astronomer who won't let me be that three-letter word starting with an 'O' - you're about the most stabilizing influence I have on the boards, although with my native insanity, I'm sure you can tell it's tough sledding. ;)

Amidala_Skywalker and the Handmaidens - You guys have been great! It's a real fun sense of community to be part of this court! And, Empress, thank you so much for extending the warm hand of friendship to begin with. :D

CalaisKenobi - my very first beta-reader who really helped me get onto these nutty boards.

TorontoJediMaster - your posts on my thread just kill me! :D I always look forward to reading them. ;)

Kirana_Ti - If it wasn't for your encouragement (and proprietariness) for OSAS, I don't think I would have had the heart to go on most days.

Rebel_Mom - Your encouragement was also something that's really kept me going not only most days but on most fics. Thanks so much, Mom.

Tara - My H/L friend in arms * winks * here's to a great partnership with our thread and our sock!

There are tons more wonderful people out there...everyone who's ever posted on any of my story threads--thank you so much for encouragement.

* pant pant *

Back to my insane cliffie writing...

18. ThePodSquad

ThePodSquad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2001
    Anna/ThatJediGirl PM me sometime I'd love to get back in touch...and yeah it was a while ago...I think September 2001....I still have all of my old PMs. [face_laugh]

I suppose this is allowed, you know community-ish.

Hannah

19. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    I'm still relatively new here, so I can't claim any giant lists (Am, I can't believe you know so many people!) but one of the big reasons I registered in the first place was that everyone here seemed so nice, and no one's burst that bubble yet. :) Some of my favorites, in no particular order:

EmilieDarklighter: I lurked for a while before I registered, but you can bet that I was shaking in my boots when I made that first post. Emmi, you were one of the first to acknowledge me personally and make me feel welcome. I appreciate it tremendously, dearest. Thanks for everything. May the plot bunnies multiply beyond all reasoning. :)

LadyPadme: Ah, the lovely Court Physician. *grins* A Han/Leia fan who welcomed this unrepentant Luke/Mara fanatic into her thread; then kindly gave my own humble story a chance and stayed with me. Thanks so much for encouraging (and challenging) me with those vignettes. I always look forward to talking with you, dear. We who are in the prime of life must stick together, right? ;)

obaona: Thanks for always keeping me updated, oba, and your encouragement with those vignettes as well. I'd never have posted them without you and LP. :)

vader_incarnate: Everything's more fun with Elli around. Hamsters and Hawaiian Punch forever, darling! ;)

Amidala_Skywalker: Thank you for the invite to the Court, Amsie. It's been fun from the word go. :) (What comment about Shinzon? [face_innocent])

Jedi-2B: A very talented author whose works I'd read on other sites before joining the JC. I'm very glad I had the chance to meet and get to know you here, Michele. Can't wait for Book 3. :D

RebelMom and inez_the_swampgirl: They may be surprised to see this since we haven't talked much, but we seem to have similar taste in fics and often wind up on the same threads. I always look forward to reading one of your posts, ladies; and even more so a story post from one of you, since you're both such wonderful writers.

Everyone who's been kind enough to post on my story: Thank you all! I appreciate your comments so very much. I'm quite fond of you all. :)

The Handmaidens: I'm still working on meeting all of you, but what a fun endeavor it is!

I've probably forgotten someone along the way, so please know that if I've posted on your thread (and most likely even if I haven't) I'm happy to see you here on the boards, and always pleased to be part of the wonderful madness. :D

20. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Whee! :) I feel loved! [face_love] ;) I love these boards, and I love y'all! :D This is, I believe, the order I've met my friends in . . .

Kris - Yes, you girl! I met you first, though I've still ne'er talked to you on AIM! Remember I emailed you while I was at school in hopes of getting a fic betaed? And how . . . well, Force-dammit, we lost touch, but now we're handmaidens! :cool: Go us! ;)

Master, aka Jedi_Johnson - Whee, I PMed you after posting on the newbie thread! *poke poke* Remember??? Tee-hee, you rock, Master; just ignore my Empress' and fellow handmaidens' insinuations and you'll live long and healthy. :p

oba - Whee, hi template girl! :D Meesa is a-lovin' ya! *ducks a patented smack* ;) You're ne'er afraid to express your opinions, you're always there when I need you to be, and you write like . . . you. :p Need I say more, Queen of Viggies? You're the one that mostly introduced me to this lovely corner of cyberspace and it's your fault I have AIM! :D Together we're unstoppable! [face_devil]

Dana - Damn, girl, I'm pretty sure I met you next. ;) We got off on the wrong foot because I was being rather . . . well, I wasn't being very me-ish at the time, aka on a massive sugar-high, but you're lots of fun! :D Whoo, former oba-stalkers unite! :p *ducks another patented slap*

MCK - *bounce!* Kitties! I love kitties!

Empress - Oh good Force, do I even need to get started? ;) You introduced me to so many new people, Empress, much less all the really random, scary chats we've been through together. One would have to be quite "Dense" to not notice the bond of the handmaiden group that you've so deftly put together. :)

Okay, this is where I lose track. Erm . . .

Oh!

Dart! - Jingle Bells! :D

Eh . . . ah well, the rest of the handmaidens I've met in alpha order, then. ;)

AQ - Eek, I've only met you, what, twice?? :p I still love your writing, though, what little I've read of it. :) I look forward to seeing you again!

Bri - I just missed you tonight! :_| I want to see you again, you've missed so much random insanity!

Dusty - Where have you been, girl?? :p Get on more often, or I'll call you on the phone, I swear! ;) [face_devil]

Emmi - Force, I'm ne'er on at the same time as you. ;) Or, if I am, I always gtg. :mad: Erg. But huggies and hamsters to all! :)

Gabri - Thankiees, I think. :p ;) And fishies and hamsters!

Hannah - Ooh, I have a dare reserved just for you for next time!

LT - I hope to heck your hamster hasn't been found! A toast to those who understand hamsters! Whee!

LP - A toast to the first who came up with the "He Made My Bed"! We love you, Court Physician! :D

PSK - I'm going to hunt you down, promise! ;) I haven't seen you in such a while!

Su - *waves* Arrrgh! Aye, 'n' what would ye be a wantin' ta hear? ;) That ye're one o' the finest o' writers mine eye hast seen upon these 'ere boards? That ye're brand of plushied insanity hast matched mine own? A toast again! Huzzah!

TF - Insanity! Mwahahahaha!

Vi - Tee-hee, Back to the Future impressions! You, my dear, also need to get online more often. ;) Screw homework, say I! 8-}

Force, I'm missing so many! :_| I pormise I'll think 'o more later, but my brain fell asleep! *huggies* to y'all in the meantime!

21. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    Master Dearest: I LUBB OO!!!

Dana: She actually got me really into SW. I mean, i loved it, but she got me obsessed and i think into SW fics when she found out i wrote fics for other genres. I lubb her :p

Lindsey: She also dragged me into the SW universe with Dana. Together, we have a triangle. :D

CalaisKenobi: I can't remember if I IMed her or she IMed me, but she introduced me to Bekka and was my first real reader from the boards.

Oba and V_I: Two cool chicks. :cool:

There's so many others I haven't put on here, but those are the ones i can think of right now.

22. Drunk_on_Tang

Drunk_on_Tang Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2002
    I'm gonna make this easy on myself... lets just say that I know and am friends with over half of all the members of JC, and leave it at that... if u want proof of this, PM me, or ask Siri_Z.

Oh, and gotta mention the three musketeers... myself, Siri_Z, and Estel_Kenobi... fear us...

Maybe if I ever get the urge to catalogue all my friends, I will do so... and one of these days, YOU will get a random IM from me... even if I dont know you...

::manic laughter::

~Dot

23. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    It's quiet in here. :(

Okay, random anecdote time. :p The handmaidens have already heard it, methinks, thanks to oba-dearest . . . ;)

Last Monday, my school badminton team took team photos. :D It was fun, but only after the initial team photo itself . . . "Move into a window! Make some space! NOW!" Erg. :p But that one was sitting down, luckily enough. The buddy and individual poses, though . . . weren't. And - after we took the pictures - I figured out that my shorts were semi-transparent. [face_blush] [face_blush] Luckily enough, my shirt was long enough to make up for most o' it . . .

This is just Elli's way of sayin' UP! ;) :D

24. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    Hello. I likes writing.

25. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Yes, chatting is more than welcome! :)

What does everyone think of the split so far? Like/Dislike? I?ll post my opinions up once I?ve had some sleep.

Ciao!

Am [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.