main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~~* The Community Thread *~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Amidala_Skywalker, Mar 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Yes, let?s move on. New topic: Favourite Foods ;). Anyone have any?

I do, unfortunately they?re mostly junk food.

Am [face_love]

2. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    There's food besides chocolate?

*slaps hand to cheek*

Okay, just kidding. Actually, living in Germany has opened my eyes to many new and different vegetables, and I am now a huge fan of ... leeks! Yes, I have learned to love the humble leek in Chinese food, in potato salad, and best of all, in thick homemade Cream of Leek soup.

3. Crazy_Vasey

Crazy_Vasey Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2001
    Peanut butter. Food of kings.

4. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Anything deep fried...*drools* I think food should be fat and salt (and I don't wanna know what my veins look like...) and afterwards, I just love to have something sweet like chocolate.

I just love food, and I love to eat - unfortunately, I'm really into good food, so I won't eat anything I don't like. Say farewell to school food, anyone? And I'm always hungry - I want to eat at least once an hour.

*reads what's stated above*

Uh, I sound like some foodobssessed junkie, don't I? Well, I'm not...at least, I don't look like one, so I'm happy. ;)

5. Spork111

Spork111 Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2002
    Hey, y'all!
    Favorite food? Well, I always love a good beef and bean burrito from Taco Bell
    (no onions!)

6. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Oh... we can't include junk food? ;)

I have, strangely enough, a fondness for alfalfa sprouts, all Italian food, and weird ice cream mixtures. And, of course, peanut butter.

7. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Doritos.

A good, thick, juicy steak.

"Special" potato salad made by Todaros

CHEESECAKE - the New York kind, made so thick and rich it sits like a rock in your stomach an hour after you eat it.

going off to drool, now...

8. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Favourite foods: Chocolate (but I gave that up for Lent), deep pan pizza, doughnuts, radishes, toad in the hole, quiche, sausage rolls, carrots, pork pies, muffins, teacakes, hot cross buns, crumpets, pitta bread, pizza bread, pasta, beef, yorkshire puds, strawberry crumble, ice cream, chocolate fudge cake, lemon cake, pretty much any kind of cake, bananas, lemons, scotch eggs, scotch pancakes, pancakes, crepes, battered stuff, spicy sausages, peanut butter, biscuits, cookies, potatoes, lemon, tomatoes, oranges, pies, jam tarts, treacle tart, mild curry, rice, chinese pork balls, strawberries...

I could go on. What can I say? I like food ;)

9. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    Hmm...lasagne, actually any pasta, curry (esp my lamb curry), mangoes, star fruit, watermelon, timtams, burritos... basically anything but pumkin, mushroom or cheesecake.

10. Queengodess

Jul 18, 2000
    Have to agree with LadyPadme - I just love cheesecake! The American kind - we have this thing in Sweden called 'ostkaka' and if you translate it it means cheesecake, but it's not cheesecake, if you understand...it's nasty, truth to be told. But a real American cheesecake - now, I could almost kill for that.

11. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Mmm, food, my favorite subject! :p

Favorites: I second (third?) cheesecake. I adore it.

Carrot cake is also a weakness.

Sushi [face_love]

Pizza

Cheetos

Burritos, lasagna, hamburgers and French Fries, jelly-filled donuts, applefritters...

I could go on and on. :p

12. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Doughnuts! Real American chocolate doughnuts with chocolate frosting and those little sprinkles on top!

*dies of longing*

13. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL... food.. hm...

#1 is definately chocolate... I don't think half the men on the planet would be alive if women didn't have chocolate.. ;)

in random order...
    Pizza
    hamburgers (In & Out! You non-Californians are SO missing out!)
    french fries (McDonalds!!)
    ice cream
    Pineapples (Hawaiian Fresh.. unless you get them straight from the islands, they're gross)
    Peanut Butter
    Artichokes (my crazy favorite)
    Spaghettios
    & finally...
    GOLDFISH!!! :D

14. Darth_Khan

Darth_Khan Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2003
    Hey all !

I am new to the community. I sorta am trying new things out as the Fortress is slowly falling apart. So this place looks like alot of fun!

15. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Welcome, Darth_Khan!! :D :D :D

Favorite food . . . I don't know. :p I've been having lots of grilled cheese sandwiches recently. And strawberry milk. (Don't those go together nicely?) Have an urge to eat chocolate. Chocolate = makes the world a better place. ;) ;) ;)

16. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    Hmm...cheese toasties ROCK! :D

My girlfriend has good tastes!!!

17. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Favourite food ... Fish'nChips all the way ... especially when it's fresh snapper, just caught that day, and chips cooked perfectly, and at just the right temperature, and you're eating them on the beach of a lonely, isolated island ... so isolated it only has a wharf, two houses, and a Fish'nChip shop. The waves are crashing on the shore, and seagulls are squawking, and you can see whales on their way to Antarctica to feed, and dolphins on the horizon, playing in the sidestream of boats and ... yes, I really need a holiday :D

18. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Pizza, of course. I wouldn't be a red-blooded all-american boy if I didn't like pizza. :D

Spaghetti is right there, too, and I'm not even Itallian!

For breakfast, my favorite is hot chocolate and peanut butter toast. I lick the peanut butter off the toast before dunking it into my hot chocolate. Kinda weird, huh? :D

19. Queengodess

Jul 18, 2000
    Argh, this thread is killing me...all this talk about food drives me insane!

*collapses in despair*

20. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Food, now there's a safe topic you cant take sides on.

My fav, eh? Hmm, its a tough one, but i have to go w/ chocolate. Well, not just any kind, most i dont like actually, but good chocolate, ie expensive chocolate, im a sucker for.

Can i just say, i love the new icons added, esp. THIS one. :::points to own icon:::
    But an evil Padme? Isnt that some kind of oxymoron?? 8-}

::Windstar Out::

21. crystalrain

Jan 28, 2003
    I gave up chocolate for lent :_|

I miss it. I even dreamed about chocolate last night. That's the second time that's happened [face_shocked]

22. Aanix_Durray

Aanix_Durray Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    I feel for you crystal, I don't celebrate lent, but giving up chocolate? What a sacrifice. Though I have a friend who gave up yeast... so there's so many basic things she can't eat.

-~Aanix~-

23. crystalrain

Jan 28, 2003
    It's torture, but I'm determined to do it. 8-} I got my mum some chocolates for mothers day, which everyone else is eating, and two weeks ago I was icing chocolate buns with chocolate icing with my youth group. Not being able to lick the chocolate off my fingers was the worst. :_|

I have a friend who's given up chocolate sweets and crisps, but giving up yeast? Ouch. [face_shocked]

Edits: typos

24. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    And THAT, rain, is why im glad im not required to participate in lent!

::Windstar Out::

25. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    Well Bri I finally found this quaint little place! (did I spell quaint right? Oh well!)

Well I've seen so many different topics covered and feel as if I must catch up soo

Friends~

Bri~ I love you too babes! I'm so glad you joined and post here now. Who else would read my stories!?!? hehe You're one of my best friends forever! And don't ever forget or think otherwise!

Jaxx~ He's my Beta... I would never have started writing if not for him. Thank you!

Neon Star~ Whew, my first friend on the boards. She was sorta of Master, because my real Master didn't do a good job. She lead me to the Fortress...

To all my Fellow Fortress goers! Hey!

Now, I see I'm not allowed to talk about the conflict... no argument there...

Favorite Foods... oh force, we're going to have a problem! Um... Chocolate (like Bri, I'm picky... Gorants!!!) And Dr. Pepper! Oh yeah baby!

I hope to meet a lot of new people here, cause Bri's always telling me that she talks to everyone on this thread so much. I don't really, I mean really talk to anyone outside the Fortress...

Nite everyone!

~*Nikita*~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.