Clone Wars The Complete Season Five DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Nexumaster, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Watto Chosen One

star 4
    Season 1 Blu ray set had unique commentaries for every episode even though there were another completely different set of commentaries for each episode on the official site. Hopefully they'll retain that tradition and give us some original videos on this set.

Although I know Filoni has been reportedly really busy working on Rebels trying to get it ready for next year while simultaneously trying to finish up Clone Wars. Honestly, if I had to choose I'd have him work on the actual shows rather than commentaries. But hopefully we can just have it all. ;)
  2. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6

Yeah but there haven't been commentaries on the S2-S4 Blu-rays like that so I find it suspicious since there already happens to be commentary in existence for each episode and there is probably extended material available for that. I'm probably dumb enough to buy the Blu-ray set and find out, just sayin'.
  3. Watto Chosen One

star 4
    The S2-S4 blu-rays didn't have commentaries for each episode, they had their own arc-based commentaries, while the official site had a separate commentary per episode for all those seasons. S4 was unique in that it had a round table discussion while they watched an arc amongst creative folks involved in the show.
    Last edited by Watto, Sep 10, 2013
  4. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm really, really psyched that they're going back to having a featurette for every episode. And on the complete box set are they going to have featurettes for all the episodes they didn't during S2-S4?
  5. Ani501st Jedi Master

star 3
    The complete box contains the blu-ray discs from the previous blu-ray release it is just put in a new cover + a art book so the discs will contain what the season box sets contained.
  6. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh...so sounds like still no individual episode featurettes for S2-S4. That sucks, but at least we're getting them for S5.
  7. KenobiSkywalker Force Ghost

star 4
  8. al patrickson Jedi Master

star 2
  9. hlc88 Force Ghost

star 4
    Count Yubnub likes this.
  10. Watto Chosen One

star 4
    I think what you're saying is those names for the video commentaries match up with the names for the ones already on the official site, i.e. "Mind of Maul"? In that case, yup, that stinks.

Although... i'll say it again... I'd rather have Filoni and his crew be working on new TCW episodes and Rebels than doing new commentary tracks, if I had to choose. We've been told he's working double duty on finishing up TCW and also trying to finish the first stuff from Rebels quickly.
    Last edited by Watto, Sep 12, 2013
    Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  11. al patrickson Jedi Master

star 2
    Yeah, that's what I was gonna tell you. I feel a bit bummed that we won't get any new DVD commentaries. But, hey, I'd rather have Dave finish up the remaining upcoming bonus content episodes of "The Clone Wars" and get them released to us before the end of the year then work on new video commentaries.
  12. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 4
    I only watched a few of them online so I'm still cool with that.
  13. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    We'll still get the Jedi Temple Archives though, which are my favourite bonus feature of the sets. Love looking at the early animatics and seeing unfinished deleted scenes.
  14. Darth_Harmon Force Ghost

star 4
    Also note that that list reveals the easter eggs: Dave Filoni art & a Ahsoka Timeline. Wonder if it'll be a visual timeline of her appearances in the series? That would be pretty cool.

Also, I'm cool with the web videos appearing as the extras. I just hope they're extended with new footage.
    Last edited by Darth_Harmon, Sep 13, 2013
    KenobiSkywalker and podjazd like this.
  15. Sable_Hart Force Ghost

star 4
    Well my hopes are dashed. I was hoping to get further insights into certain episodes since RebelForce Radio wasted their post-season interview with Filoni.

Ridiculous.
  16. cwustudent Force Ghost

star 4
    Has anyone read Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy, and watched Eminence and The Lawless? I was just wondered what content might be reinserted. I only know of the Black Sun leaders without their heads. And maybe Obi-Wan asking to borrow the Twilight.
  17. hlc88 Force Ghost

star 4

Well apparently there is about 7 minutes additional footage and only two episodes are getting director's cuts. I'm assuming its Eminence and The Lawless. I can't think they'd have a 7 minute lightsaber battle between Maul-Sidious-Savage so I'm hoping that the scene with Obi-Wan asking to borrow the Twilight has been inserted.
  18. cwustudent Force Ghost

star 4
    SEVEN MINUTES!? I didn't realize there was that much extra content for those two... I wonder if Abercrombie had more lines. Miss that guy.
  19. hlc88 Force Ghost

star 4

@Darth_Harmon worked it out on page 10. Running time is 440 minutes for 20 episodes in total. Running time on back of the set is 447 minutes which suggests another 7 minutes.
  20. The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    A seven minutes duel would be freakin' sweet, especially for a battle that was that hyped-up. Much better than the 47 seconds we wound up getting in the final version.

I sure hope the Season 5 DVD version contains the added scenes. My Season 4 DVDs specifically says next to certain eps on the episode select screen that they are the "Director's Cut" versions, but there's diddly squat when you actually go to watch them. WHAT'S UP WITH DAT.:mad:
  21. Nexumaster Force Ghost

star 4
    There's also the overhead indiscretion shot showing Vizsla after the duel against Maul (which was a shot seemingly completed and which should be reinserted):
    Show Spoiler
    [IMG]
    Last edited by Nexumaster, Sep 17, 2013
    Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  22. Circular Logic SWTV Interview Host

Game Host
    star 4
    I was under the impression from the trivia gallery description that this scene was cut early in production, and possibly not animated. They deemed it too graphic to show Vizsla's head rolling down the stairs, so I suspect the scene will remain censored, considering they added this shot of Savage in lieu of showing Vizsla's decapitated body:

[IMG]
  23. Nexumaster Force Ghost

star 4
    That's too bad, but whatever; even though it would be nice if it was a completed shot and was and reinserted into the episode on the DVD/Blu-ray, it doesn't add much to the episode (but then again, the shot of the headless Falleen council members after Savage decapitates them doesn't really add much either).
    Last edited by Nexumaster, Sep 17, 2013
  24. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 4
    I will be beyond psyched if there are longer versions of any of the S5 Maul arc on the way.

@cwustudent I have Shadow Conspiracy on the shelf but I haven't read it for probably about five years so I really don't remember it.
  25. KenobiSkywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    :p
    The Shadow Emperor likes this.