main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Complete Season Five DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Apr 12, 2013.

1. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012

The majority of people are having audio sync issues on disc 2 of the Blu-Ray, specifically scenes in The Lawless episode.

TheMDOSS1313 likes this.
  2. TheMDOSS1313

TheMDOSS1313 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 8, 2013
    Thank you for clearing that up for me! I should probably double check my own disc just to to be sure. Thanks again!

3. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

The most noticeable bit for me in The Lawless is when Satine says 'Don't listen to him, Obi'. The audio is way off!!!

I hope it doesn't take too long for the new discs to arrive... I've sent both off without knowing if they are manufacturing them both or not so hopefully I will get two back...

TheMDOSS1313 likes this.
  4. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    Yeah, I noticed that too and I also agree with some of your previous posts that some of the audio was actually off in the broadcast versions. For example, in The Lawless, when Obi-Wan says to Bo-Katan: "That would likely lead to a Republic invasion of Mandalore" the word Mandalore doesn't come close to matching up even in the CN version.

5. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

I assume the broadcast versions are the final versions of the episodes themselves that are then used to make the blu-rays. Obviously something went wrong in the process for some blu-rays which has made the audio sync out when there were no obvious indications of it on the broadcast versions. Though my itunes version of The Lawless is absolutely perfect.

But all I can do now is wait for my new discs to arrive. But since The Lawless is peppered with audio sync problems that will be the best episode to test when the new discs do arrive.

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I hope they'll have this fixed and new batches out in time for the folks who are gonna order the season 5 blu-ray and stick it under the tree.

7. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    A post taken from the Season 5 BD thread at Blu-ray.com:

Beware! The following sentence is overloaded with sarcasm but is designed to be read out loud and at speed which may be damaging to your health:

I don't find that at all annoying that this guy is really lucky and had everything sorted in less than a week when other people have emailed Warner Brothers multiple times over the last month or so without receiving discs or not even had a reply at all and even emailed again and still heard nothing and so on and so on and the US and UK are handling this differently and that some people are being asked to return discs and others aren't and my face is getting red and I'm running out of breath and if I don't wrap this up I'm probably gonna...

Circular Logic likes this.
  8. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    ^Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down my friend!

You're a Clone Wars addict, and quite the fanatic
    Never stop but when you're stopped
    Just jog your mind around the writer's block
    'Til it's out of breath and asthmatic
    Just tryin' out some wordplay cuz this board's rather static

You pull your chest out try your best to breathe
    But you're frantic, it must be your asthmatic destiny

Bored, I am. :p

TheMDOSS1313 likes this.
  9. Lordtyrannusaurus

Lordtyrannusaurus Jedi Padawan

Oct 16, 2013
    This just made me angry, lol. Not at you, but about the fact that I've sent WB several messages within the last 3 weeks and have not had a single response. I guess Warner U.S. is going to just ignore the problem until it goes away. Very very annoying.

10. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah but that guy seems to have emailed the US Warner Brothers rather then the UK Warner Brothers and they are UK based. The UK Warner Brothers are still remanufacturing discs or they may have got them done now since they are sending out envelopes to return the faulty discs in. Waiting for my replacements to arrive. Hopefully it will be soon.

(Or they had to wait for the discs to ship out to them from the US so they are not able to respond as quickly with this).

11. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    Although I was joking about my annoyance in my previous post it does seem weird that some people like Lordtyrannusaurus, who I assume lives in the U.S.A. are being ignored while someone from the U.K. can email the U.S. division of WB and get everything sorted in under a week. There doesn't seem to be any set pattern to how WB are handling the problem. Surely those who emailed WB U.S.A. first should get sorted first. The following customer service web page was listed on Blu-ray.com as the one that people have gotten a response to from WB U.S.A. http://www2.warnerbros.com/web/main/help/customer_service.jsp

12. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I got a near instantaneous "We're looking into it" response. All the emails I've sent since then have been ignored.. Maybe they'll get this sorted out in time for the release of the Bonus Content.. :rolleyes:

13. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    To shift away from the Blu-ray issues a bit, I must say that I was surprised at the relative length of the uncensored decapitation scene in Eminence when I saw it on DVD since not only are the headless bodies shown, but they are actually seen rather slowly sliding off the chairs.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  14. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    You're right, it is awesome.:D To be serious though I can't really blame CN for editing this out of a show broadcast on a saturday morning.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  15. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Just got word that my replacement discs will be posted in the next five or so days. I'll be sure to update if the sync issues are resolved or not.

16. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Just contacted Warner US, hope I get a reply. Also... hope they send discs from the individual season release and not the collector's edition 1-5 set. Just a minor annoyance that I'd have discs that don't match the season release.

17. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    If it means getting the problems sorted I'd even take a disc with Ziro The Hutt or Meebur Gascon on it.

18. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    That's interesting...

I got a reply from Warner Bros today saying they had received my discs and they will send new ones out soon. But they also sent me another message which I never received about whether they were only manufacturing disc 2 or if they are doing both. They are only replicating disc 2, not disc 1. could have actually emailed that to me before I sent off both my discs... When they made that reply, they sent to themselves so I never got the email!!!

I better get my disc 1 back then!!!

19. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Scrap my previous message... they will send me disc 1 back when they send disc 2 out. Heh. But it seems they are only remanufacturing disc 2 here as they have tested both discs and there are no audio problems on disc 1 that they noticed, but just disc 2.

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

What, you wouldn't take a disc with WAC on it? :p

21. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    Actually I think it would be pretty cool if WAC's head was used on the disc and placed so that his eye was the actual hole in the disc.
    [​IMG]

22. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    It's weird that you mention that because about a week ago they sent me an email saying they were sending me the envelope to post my discs and then sent me another email saying they wanted to recall the other email.:confused: I think whoever is in charge of emails is also in charge of authoring the Blu-ray discs.

23. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Yeah its all confusing. They seem to be doing different things to what the US is doing. I hope I get my discs back before Christmas though.

24. Lordtyrannusaurus

Lordtyrannusaurus Jedi Padawan

Oct 16, 2013
    Week 3 with no reply from WB in the U.S.--- I sent them another message. I don't know what's going on with them.

25. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    maybe WB in the states is waiting for their license to expire so they can reply back with SOL, we don't support your product anymore or they'll release new boxsets with the Bonus Content and pull and Apple.

"So sorry your out of date iPhone 5 isn't working anymore, you should consider the 5S as the solution to your problem.."