main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Complete Season Five DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Apr 12, 2013.

1. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Sorry for the double post ( can't edit the old one for some reason ) i just have one more question
    Is the Sync issue on the DVD too ?

Huyang likes this.
  2. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    Some have said they couldn't really tell. But once you know it's there (especially if you know the most-affected eps), you can't not see it (imho). I bought it and regretted it until WB came through with replacements. I'd say if you've lasted this long wait till we're assured corrected discs are in stores (fwiw). Seems to have affected only BD, I believe...

DarthTalgus likes this.
  3. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I got the DVD, have watched all of the episodes and nope; I didn't notice the sync issue BD customers have.

4. Lordtyrannusaurus

Lordtyrannusaurus Jedi Padawan

Oct 16, 2013
    Bad enough that WB acknowledged and corrected it :). There's no guarantee that corrected discs will make it to stores, so I'd recommend buying the set, and calling the 1-800 number to have a corrected disc mailed to you.

5. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    If they did release it to stores, how would I know the "good" set from the "bad" one?

6. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  7. DarthMarino

DarthMarino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 18, 2002
    If you buy it from anywhere, it will be the "bad" one. Just call the number and get the replacement disc.

8. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Got an email from UK Warner Brothers. They posted my new discs to me today! :D

9. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    Good on ya, mate! Enjoy synced-Satine!

Atantiabo likes this.
  10. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Congrats @hic88! It's about time you got some satisfaction! Enjoy!

Atantiabo likes this.
  11. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    I assume you got yours as I received mine in the post today and I am happy that everything appears to have been corrected on the UK sets as well. I've been playing it through my surround system at my normal volume setting and DAMN it's loud.:D

Atantiabo likes this.
  12. Huy Tran

Huy Tran Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2013
    Just got my replacement of disc 2 of the collector's set--Warner Brothers and their customer service is definitely awesome.

Atantiabo likes this.
  13. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

I didn't get mine through the post today. When was yours sent? I'm looking forward to watching it again as soon as it comes through!

14. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    It was sent on Tuesday, strange that you didn't get yours, when (I assume) you actually live in the UK and I don't.

15. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

How strange! I do live in the UK.

My post has been a bit off lately. Something that should have come last Thursday came on Monday instead. We have had severe flooding here so that could be affecting the post (not in my area flooding but I know we have had problems around the country/county with flooding which could be disrupting postal services).

16. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    It's a pity that you didn't get it today as I remembered you posting this in the Bonus Content thread.
    Happy Birthday anyway.
    [​IMG]

hlc88 likes this.
  17. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Thanks! I'm impressed someone remembered me posting that! I'm hoping for tomorrow [for blu-ray discs]! I'll give it a few weeks to get here... if not I'll email back :p

Obimus Primobi likes this.
  18. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    So I've got somewhat of a question not related to the lip-synch issue and it may or may not be able to be answered here but on the off chance that someone knows, here goes:

I got my Region 1 BD copy of Season 5 the day it came out (Back on October 15th I believe?) Since then, I had only watched the 2nd disc on my living room TV a few times and I brought both discs in my office to work on my reviews for each episode today and neither would play. All of my other TCW season BDs play just fine through my office set-up and everything plays great through my living room set up so the only thing I can think of that would be the issue, is if the Season 5 Region 1 BDs have new, stricter DHCP restrictions on them...

The reason I thought this could be it is because in my living room, I have a BD Player hooked through my reciever and into a Television whereas in the office, its hooked through a LCD monitor (no tuner). I had heard a little while back about certain tuner-less monitors having issues with DHCP compatibility but have never had an issue with this one before...Does anyone know what could be the culprit?

19. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    You'd need a smarter man than me to answer that question. Why don't you try the forums on www.blu-ray.com, www.cnet.com or www.avsforum.com. Surely someone on one of those sites can help you out. Good luck.

20. WampaSwamp

WampaSwamp Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2011
    Has anyone in Canada been able to contact WB for their disc? Couldn't get ahold of them by phone for some reason.

21. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Got my set today on blu-Ray. Much better than the iTunes versions I've been using until now!

However, I'm attempting to rip the episodes onto my Mac, so that I can edit them into movies, but my blu-Ray ripper is only showing the special features. For some reason it has not been able to rip the actual episodes. Has anyone else has this problem? Are the episodes encrypted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Obimus Primobi You will be pleased to know I got my corrected discs today! I heard something fall to the floor in the porch from my bedroom and I just knew it was the discs! And it was! I've watched The Lawless as it was the worst affected episode and its fine. Everything is in sync. And if that is fixed then all the issues will be too. Fantastic.

Darth Kickass and Obimus Primobi like this.
  23. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Update on the above problem. It's only seasons 1 and 2 that I can't rip. Season three behaves slightly oddly in that the ripper can't separate out the individual episodes, but 4 and 5 rip perfectly. Seems a bit odd that the original movie and seasons 3 to 5 rip, but 1 and 2 don't.
    Maybe I have faulty discs, but they play fine on my bluray player. I find it hard to believe that seasons 1 and 2 would have a better incription than seasons 3,4 and 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Have you updated your Blu Ray player's firmware to the latest revision?

Unfortunately as an IT admin in a company with its own production house, HDCP is something I've had to deal with frequently.

25. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    KenobiSkywalker
    Yea, its updated...I can't figure what else it could be... its gotta be some new HDCP right? Any ideas on a best way around it? I've only ever had an issue with HDCP on an older projector but I thought about hooking my blackmagic HDMI to SDI to my SDI monitor (which I've only done for camera feeds) but I have a feeling its not gonna work...Its rented out right now but I'll try it when it gets back in and let you know if it made a difference...