main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Complete Season Five DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Apr 12, 2013.

1. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    As Al said it probably wont be long untill they do annonce it.

Ani501st likes this.
  2. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    Yeah, they must keep it for SDCC like it begins wednesday or CEII.

3. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

That would be about the right date though. Think Season 4 was released around mid-October too. but as you say should wait until a real announcement from Lucasfilm, but if dates are being sent out and added to amazon, it can't be long until there will be an announcement.

And then we can all moan about Gascon being on the cover! :p

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

But Lucasfilm doesn't exist anymore :p

5. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    Gascon cover ! [face_laugh]

I just hope the complete box of the series is a just a pack with the previous season and not with additionnal discs of never seen bonuses or something like that, because I don't want to buy again all the seasons.

6. CommanderColt

CommanderColt Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2013

I think people would revolt. Many of us own S1-S4 on Blu Ray/DVD already. Forcing people to buy a Complete Series Boxset for $240 (assuming Blu Ray cost of $40 a season and pricing the bonus episodes as a season) instead of just selling the bonus footage separately for $40 is bad business in addition to being a $%#& move. The "bonus content" they are talking about is more than a few deleted scenes... it looks like its amounting to a at least half a season of episodes. That's 1-2 discs worth of fresh content.

I'm looking forward to getting S5 in October though. We watch TCW with the kids alot and could use an infusion of fresh content to add to the rotation.

hlc88 and Ani501st like this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    According to this link which I just posted in the Bonus Content thread, the set is rumored to be released October 15 along with a box set of all five seasons.

And it looks like Obi-Wan on Mauldelore is on the cover? If that's true...awesome. :D

Link is from the Star Wars Underworld page on Facebook, and again, unconfirmed. October 15 sounds about right for the other seasons though.

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Awesome news

Ani501st likes this.
  9. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Ugh, does anyone buy these on Blu Ray? I saw S4 today at a place with a reputation for reasonable prices, and it was like $55. **** that! Not worth it in the slightest.

10. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Good to know that the bonus content won't be included as an Season 1-5 boxset exclusive as speculated before; it rightfully deserves it's own separate release(s).

Now we can instead start speculating if the extra stuff will get one or more releases in the bonus content threa.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  11. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    Great news !

I buy everything in Blu-Ray. In my point of view everything is worth it in blu-ray, a movie/ TV show is more enjoyable when it's in High Definition with a good screen.

12. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    These sets are amazing and well worth it. Great extras, great quality video/audio. And $55 is way overpriced, try Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Com...56544&sr=1-2&keywords=the+clone+wars+season+4

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't. I'll spend five dollars more for a Blu-Ray for a film or TV show that I know will look that much better in HD, usually older stuff that wasn't shot digitally. The OT, Back to the Future, and Top Gun, for example, all look fantastic on Blu-Ray.

A modern film or show that was already shot digitally and whose Blu-Rays are at least ten dollars cheaper than the DVDs--nah. DVDs it is.

Watto, Jack is Australian so he's talking about their dollars; I can't remember the exchange rate right now.

14. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    They've been on par for a little while now, though our dollar has slipped recently. It still is exuberant. I have very few BRs -- Game of Thrones, Skyfall, Toy Story and a few others -- and the closest I've paid is around $40 but that was for GoT, which I know I would watch and watch again, and I got a free copy of the book with it.

15. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Got it... sorry about the American assumption. I will still say the sets are well worth it if you are a fan of the show and would like to check it out in optimum quality. The Blu-ray looks amazing for Umbara for example. Looks like the exchange rate for $41 American would be around $46 Australian, so hopefully you could find it cheaper.

16. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I usually wait a couple of months after the release and pick up a copy off eBay or Amazon somewhere between $25 and $35 US dollars. I'm an A/V junky and the difference between DVD and Blu on my equipment makes DVD unwatchable for me. I know others who are perfectly happy with VHS tapes. Being 'worth it' really depends on the person, IMO.

cwustudent likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I typed "cheaper" when I meant "more expensive" earlier. Oops.

$25-35 US is what I would consider a good price. I've been getting the DVDs at Target for that much but they want $40-45 for the Blu-Rays. Not happening.

One other option at least for US residents is Amazon Instant Video. I've downloaded several season 5 episodes in HD for $1.99 each and I stream them directly to my TV. I may not even buy a hard copy of season 5 given how many episodes I don't like.

18. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Here in the UK, you tend not to find that much of a difference between the prices of Blu-Rays and DVDs (at least not on Amazon, where I spend most of my custom).

Wait a few months and entire series box sets are usually about £40 (~$60).

19. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    The most expensive Blu-Ray I can remember buying is the Season 4 for $34.99. Since The Clone Wars doesn't come with a digital copy, I've bought Seasons 1-3 used Blu-Ray on Amazon for $30, $32, and $25 respectively.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  20. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I have actually not bought a single season yet and almost have several times recently, but I am waiting to see if there is going to be a Complete Series on Blu-Ray release.

Circular_Logic likes this.
  21. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Amazon comes out to be a little more than the Blu Rays if someone wanted the complete season. But yeah, Amazon and iTunes are pretty much the only choices if someone just wanted a few episodes.

22. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I've enjoyed the video commentaries and featurettes for the Blu Ray sets, although the S3 set is lacking on those. S1 had the most with a video commentary for each episode. RFR's spy report states that S5 also has a video commentary for each episode, so hopefully that's true. The "Archives" section of the sets have a lot of cool art and deleted scene animatics too.

I realize not everyone is in to that BTS stuff, so your mileage may vary.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  23. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    The more BTS stuff the better the package in my eyes.

24. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So its the 26th now... but I'm in the UK... if RFR are correct then an announcement should be coming today for the DVD/blu-ray. It's probably a bit early for any US-based announcements :p

25. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    New trailer: