main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Complete Star Wars (A List)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by StoryWorthTelling, Jan 15, 2015.

1. StoryWorthTelling

StoryWorthTelling Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2015
    I've been working on a project for a little bit, because I haven't seen anything quite like this and wanted it for my own personal use. What I've done is compiled a list of all Star Wars media, complete with its title, format, publisher, date of publication, canon-level, and a collection in which to find it. I think that this is mostly complete and up-to-date.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MbR_AAoXueCrXocbPKG9P0d2Bg2pN9iu-7FBLt00gu8/edit?usp=sharing]SW_Media[/url]

I've made a couple of stipulations: First, I'm only interested in books for young readers or adults. I don't care about "My First Star Wars Book" or boardbooks or anything else written for children. Second, I only care about things with a fictional story, so reference books or video games without plot, I tried to nix. Finally, I'm only interested in licensed material for Star Wars, meaning fan-work (out of blatant necessity) or crossovers like Robot Chicken or Phineas and Ferb are out.

I'd like to share the list with all of you. Also, if I could get any feedback, I'd appreciate it. Most of this information is from Wookieepedia, and I've done some digging through the information to get this. I might very well be missing something, or have wrong dates for some of the items, and if anyone finds an error like that, I would love to hear it. Also, if there's any information that should be added, I'd like to hear that, too.

Mods: I don't know if you allow links like this (Google Doc). If not, is there a better way to share this document?

cthugha and CaptainHamYoyo like this.
  2. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I think that's awesome. I just have a question, How long did that take you?

3. StoryWorthTelling

Jan 8, 2015

I worked on this for about 4 or 5 days. It took maybe 20 hours total.

4. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Pretty cool but if you want accuracy the first film was simply Star Wars on release day. The number and subtitle were added years later.

5. StoryWorthTelling

Jan 8, 2015

That's a good point. I'll adjust it accordingly. Were the number and subtitle added for the Special Edition, or earlier?

6. StoryWorthTelling

Jan 8, 2015
  7. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I have read it was added first in an '81 re-release.

StoryWorthTelling likes this.
  8. Tolvo

Tolvo Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 28, 2014
    Nice work. I'll use it as a reference.

I see no issue with you listing it as "Episode IV: A New Hope". Today that's it's proper title.

The episode number was first added in a re-release prior to the release of Empire. But that they had wanted it to be Episode IV all along was mentioned ahead of that. The following is from the Spring 1980 issue of Bantha Tracks:

Iron_lord and StoryWorthTelling like this.
  9. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    Damn! That is impressive!^:)^