main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Concept of the Chosen One

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Ambitious, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Ambitious

Darth_Ambitious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2004
    Does the concept of the Chosen One make the PT not as good as the OT?

Does it bother you that in Episode One we are told Anakin is born of the force, does not have a father, his mother was impregnated by the force or midichlorian crap? I mean this is pretty much Lucas telling us Anakin is Jesus!

I know lucas likes mythology but this is outrageous and unoriginal!

Before the PT came about, I imagined Obi-wan met Anakin when he was around Luke's age and decided to train him. I thought Anakin was just a really good pilot and man who was exceptionally strong in the force. To me he was the hero who was seduced to the darkside and turned bad. He was no Jesus Christ Super Star figure!

Would the PT be less corny if Anakin wasnt the Chosen one? I think so!

Another thing the prophesy or Anakin is never mentioned in the OT, Yoda and Ben are out to kill Vader. They dont believe he can be redeemed and bring balance.

Something I forgot, we are never told what balance means. There are some theories, but they are speculation. Lucas may have said something but I ignore everything he says anymore becuase its dumb. What I getting at is the films dont really say what balance is defined as. I know in ROTS Kenobi asks if Anakin is meant to bring balance to the force and destroy the Sith. From that line I see them as two seperate things that Anakin may do.

Strilo edit: We have enough threads about what went wrong or what you would change. Please use one of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.