main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Concert Topic

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by BountyHunter-Firefly, Oct 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BountyHunter-Firefly

BountyHunter-Firefly Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2002
    I just up and decided that we should post about the music concerts that we have been to and those that we would want to go to.

2. BountyHunter-Firefly

Aug 27, 2002
    Snapcase, Boy Sets Fire, Ateryu, Vaux - Sat. Oct. 12th 2002 at the Ogden Theater. This show was awesome.

ZAO, Unearth, Underoath, The Underwater - Sat. Jul. 18th 2002 at Tulagi. Seeing ZAO on their final tour was an amazing experience.

I would like to see Pennywise, 311, Misfits, Hatebreed, and Poison the Well.

3. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    on friday night I saw Tool at the Coors events center on the CU campus. it was...

[face_shocked] FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!!!!! :D

we got there late & missed the opening band Meshugga (excuse me! 8-} ). I was kinda bummed but since i was the only person who knew who they were, the people i went with decided we would skip it. they came out later & played a song with Tool. that was very cool. one of the guys had some drums set up in the middle of the stage & he & the Tool drummer just went crazy.
    when we first walked in, we were kinda bummed cause we were way on the side of the stage. It worked out pretty well though. the singer pulled a Jim Morrison & stood on the left side of the drum riser, facing the back of the stage most of the night. Since we were on the right side, we didnt see him much. he did have a big black stripe painted down his face. i liked that. & oh yeah, the guitar & bass player just kinda stood there the whole time on opposite corners of the stage so, since we were way over on the right my friend & I (both drummers) basically just got a drum lesson all night. I realized that with the seats we had, if we were at Red Rocks, we would have been right off to the side, on the stage itself. The drummer was right in front of us. That guy is REALLY REALLY good. We had a fun time.

4. BountyHunter-Firefly

Aug 27, 2002
    I wish I could have gone to the Sick of it All concert a while back. :(

5. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    wow. Sick of it all. I saw them with Sepultura, Sacred Reich, & Cannibal Corpse back in.... '91 or '92.

holy crap. that was one of the coolest shows I ever saw. I was there for Sepultura. it was right after Arise came out. what a show. thats one that has stuck with me. I can remember it clearly still.
    great music. great night. great times.

EDIT: I think chunk and I had a strangely similar conversation a while back.
    no relevance, just thought I'd mention it.

6. BountyHunter-Firefly

Aug 27, 2002
    I think Gwar is playin' Monday. I don't know where or when though.

7. BountyHunter-Firefly

Aug 27, 2002
    Tuesday Oct. 23

Tulagi's in Boulder

Hope Conspiracy, Most Precious Blood

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.