main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Conference Room (A Jaina and Jag Discussion Thread) FOTJ: OMEN now out - what's next for J/J?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jaina_Jag_Index, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_Jag_Index

Jaina_Jag_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2003
    Jaina and Jag Discussion Thread
    A fan fiction writer?s resource for all things Jaina Solo and Jagged Fel

*Looking for a button to go here*

Any volunteers? [face_mischief]

The Jaina_Jag_Index would like to welcome you to the definitive discussion thread on the lives and love of Jaina and Jag. In the interest of preserving the Index as a resource we, the managers of the Index, have decided to split out a new thread solely for the purpose of conversing, debating and chatting about the dynamics of this canon pairing as it relates to fan fiction writing.

Discussion topics will be updated regularly by the managers. Any suggestions for subject matter should be PMed to TKeira_Lea or posted here.

The Jaina and Jag Discussion Thread is run by NYCityGurl, BigFatty, and TKeira_Lea. Feel free to contact any of us should there be a problem with the thread or if you just want to give us some advice on improving our format.

*UNDER CONSTRUCTION*

Read down for current discussion...

2. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
  3. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    Jaina Solo

*Under construction*

We are currently looking for volunteers to offer any bio info, links, or quotes that would help our users in understanding our favorite Solo daughter. If you have information that would be helpful to other J/J fanatics while they write, please post them here or PM TKeira_Lea.

4. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
  5. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    Jagged Fel

*Under construction*

We are currently looking for volunteers to offer any bio info, links, or quotes that would help our users in understanding our favorite Chiss-minded Corellian pilot. If you have information that would be helpful to other J/J fanatics while they write, please post them here or PM TKeira_Lea.

[b][color=silver][hl=green]QUOTES[/hl][/color][/b]

[u]Dark Journey[/u], page 203: "Watching his retreat was satisfying for more reasons than one. Jag Fel was one of those people who looked good from every angle."

[hr]

Information courtesy of [b]Darth_Lex[/b]

6. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
  7. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    LIST OF DISCUSSIONS

Current Discussion Topic

We all hope this lack of J/J in profic is simply the authors stringing us along. Now most of us will admit we've done that a time or two to our own readers. What can we learn from this J/J hiatus that teaches us to give readers hope will pulling on the virtual rug at the same time. What do you like about how Denning and DelRey have dealt with this lack of Jaina romance?

Retired Discussion

1. Hero Worship

2. Plot bunnies abound!

[face_thinking]

Don't they?

So fanfiction writers, how about considering this ----->

In TJK, Han remarks that Jaina should have married Jag while she had the chance. What was that chance? Were they engaged? Did a wedding get called off? We all know there's more to the story...

3. The Joiner King is on store shelves now! So where does your fan fiction go from here? Have you been newly inspired? Or sorely confused by the recent turn of events?

4. There does seem to be a natural progression or way things should go. Have you ever read a profic and marveled that you reached somewhat of the same conclusion? What parallels have you found in your own fanfiction to the events of the NJO and the Dark Nest series?

5. How do you think Jaina felt about attacking the Chiss base at the end of TUQ? How do you think Jacen's betrayal will affect the twins' relationship? Do you think Jag can ever forgive Jaina for her part in the attack? Even if no Chiss life was lost? And lastly, do you think this attack will have some consequences to Jag, since he personally vouched for the honor of the Jedi in TJK?

6. How Corellian is Jag? How Corellian is Jaina? Might they end up on the same side of the impending conflict in LotF?

7. What is about each of Jaina's and Jag's parents that shape them? And in respect to that topic, how does it shape their (Jaina and Jag's) relationship with each other?

8. Yes, Master - discussing Jaina's relationship with Mara Jade Skywalker

8. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
  9. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
  10. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
  11. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    I guess I'd better kick this off!

As a work through TJK, I find that my hope holds for Jaina and Jag. No matter J/Z or J/K or J/J or Force forbid J/OC, I still won't lose heart. There's still fanfic. If I don't like the outcome of the LotF series, or what becomes of Jaina and/or Jag, I can just write it the way I would like it.

Honestly, that's how I started Echoes. I waited and waited for a good writer to post a scene I had been looking forward to. After she finally posted, I was so disappointed because I had imagined the scene so much differently. Ultimately, I decided that no one could write the story of my liking except me. [face_mischief]

Still, I think Denning is a clever writer. I believe that readers don't have faith in him like they do some of their fave J/J authors. If you're reading J/J angst in a J/Jer's fic you just know it's going to end okay. With Denning, there's that little question mark lingering behind those scenes where Jaina and Jag aren't together...

12. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Hmmm, I haven't gotten TJK yet, but I do know that the first book that I read in the NJO that made me think of J/J was Star by Star - that because I didn't get Ruin until after I'd read all the others. So, who knows?

13. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    I have just started TJK. I'm about 100 pages into it. I thought Jag was a great character the instant I read about him. I see J/J as kind of the H/L of the war with the Vong. It just makes sense for them to be together in my mind.

Of course, if I don't like how it goes, there is always fan fiction where I can make it how I want it.

14. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    With Denning, there's that little question mark lingering behind those scenes where Jaina and Jag aren't together...

Yep, that sums up Denning pretty good concerning EVERYTHING, not just Jaina and Jag. Makes me glad he's only writing this trilogy and then others are taking over :p

Borders did NOT have TJK when I went there yesterday! :mad: I picked up Shatterpoint and read that while I was waiting for a certain ceremony instead [face_mischief]

15. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    TJK SPOILER WARNING - DON'T LOOK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO

I actually started to peruse the book, looking for all references of both Jag and Kyp. Although not listed in the Dramatis Persona, Kyp is in there.

But I wound up staying up and reading the whole thing. And I hope that Jag has a bigger role in the next book. I was quite disatisfied with his bit parts.

I also hope he gets to come face to face with Jaina. I had stated over in literature that she needs to be fixed and I was putting my money on Jag to fix her. We shall see.

Only 57 days for the next one, right?

16. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    I'm through the first ten chapters of the book, and to me it still feels like some AU fanfic. I still have yet to get it stuck in my head that this is now canon. The characters don't feel right; well, some feel right, and some feel way off. I'll withold from commenting and judging more until I finish the book, but so far it's just ok.

17. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    I've decided that I have to avoid this thread like the plague if I actually plan on staying mostly unspoiled. :p

I can't get TJK until possibly tomorrow, but most likely not until August. :( So I'm going to be hiding in my room until I finally get it. :p

18. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    The characters don't feel right; well, some feel right, and some feel way off.

I hear you BF. H/L with some L/M are on target. The others, well... *blews bangs away from face*

I can't get TJK until possibly tomorrow, but most likely not until August. So I'm going to be hiding in my room until I finally get it.

Don't hide Jaina_and_Jag. We'll try not to give away details, just overall opinions.

And if you can't get the book, you can borrower mine. I usually get two anyway, one for me and one for my brother to borrow and never return.

19. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Lola, I was thinking in the opposite manner of you for characterizations, but that's ok.

Just out of curiosity, do we now have to put "AU" with our stories if they're post-NJO?

20. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I suppose so, now that there is a post-NJO that doesn't involve people on tf.n etc. I also wish there were more Jag and am looking for more face-to-face with J/J.

21. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Hi, everybody!

So glad to be back on the boards just in time for the new book ... although from what I'm reading I'm a little skeptical. Will have a copy tomorrow and, since I'm in bed recuperating, will read it through.

I hate it when characterizations don't seem to work.

I'm sure I'll want more J/J, but I agree with the comments about Denning. Given the location and story line, I'd be VERY surprised if we don't get what we hope for here.

oldj :D

22. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    Hey everybody, Lt_Jaina_Solo here, hard at work at creating the new index. I would just like to remind everybody to put spoiler warnings for those who can't or haven't gotten the book just yet, and don't know what happens. Just put a couple of spaces so people don't get accidently spoiled.

Thanks for your patience, understanding, and courtesy! :)

LJS @};-

23. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    About the Joiner King

Spoiler here. I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

The whole Jaina/Jag thing is crap. What gives? She had 8 years to get over the mission. I know there is that whole mind thing, but still. Her being that close to Zekk was just... *shudders* It was weird. I hope that Denning brings back our Jag that we all know and love... with Jaina.

24. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler

I believe that J/J will come to be, probably the end of the second book or beginning of third. When her and Zekk slept next to each other, she admitted how weird it was to be in each others mind, knowing how he felt about her and how she felt about Jag.

The end was wacked but once free from the hive I think they can pry Zekk and Jaina apart. If Han has anything to say about it.

25. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    AHH!!! I promised not to read spoilers, and here I go . . . I got paid today, so hopefully I can get the book tomorrow.

Since it takes place in the Unknown Regions, I'm sure they'll get back together *crosses fingers*
    Anyoe know when the next one comes out?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.