main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"The Consequence of Love" a USJS AU of Cali & Obi

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Mar 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    Lorena - I agree! ;)

Wow, yeah! I felt like I was right there in Cali's head whilst she was trying to soak it all in. Looking at her flat belly and wondering why there isn't a change already - very realistic!

MORE!

2. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    I agree with Jedi Kylenn.
    Very realistically written, Amidolee! I'm hooked on this thread! Write more on it soon please!

3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Can't help thinking this is how USJS -should- have gone. Good writing so far! I loved the part where Sifa started expouding on reasons and was firmly told to shut up.

4. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Great start, Amidolee!

5. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Thanks for all of the wonderful replies, everyone! [face_love]

~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~

In the end, Cali-Ana elected to return to the terminal. She had lost all sense of time and was startled in a very weary Healer Leona entered the office. The girl immediately exited her program and stood up, groaning as her back protested the sudden movement. ?I?m sorry, Master.?

?It?s fine.? Leona studied Cali as the girl rubbed her eyes. ?Are you aware of the hour??

?Not really.?

?It?s nearly midnight. I?m sure Master Ruj is frantic.?

Cali?s cheeks reddened. ?I?m sorry.?

The healer frowned. ?Did you eat anything??

?No . . . I seemed to have lost my appetite.?

A sympathetic smile crossed the healer?s worn face before she grew serious again. ?You must eat a healthy diet, exercise regularly, and sleep well, Cali-Ana.?

?I know. I read about it.?

?How are you feeling?? Leona asked softly.

Cali didn?t answer for a moment. How *did* she feel? Shocked and horrified, definitely, but she hadn?t let herself sink back into unwanted thoughts. Not after losing it before Lina, who would relay her distress back to Obi-Wan for sure. How was she going to deal with Obi-Wan now? Her head hurt from all of these things that she had to acknowledge, but even thinking about the surface conflict was giving her a terrible headache.

?I don?t know,? she finally answered.

?You must sleep. I will be here tomorrow as always, and you can come talk to me during katas if you like.?

Cali nodded and grabbed her cloak. As she headed for the door, she smiled slightly. ?I?m really glad that An-Paj had the day off.?

~~~~~
    ~~~~~

Since this one wasn't very long, I may post again.

6. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  7. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    I hope you make good on that last tease, Amidolee!
    Leona is so kind and motherly. I just love her character.
    Hopefully, Lina won't do anything stupid....like voice her suspicion to Obi-Wan for instance. ;)

8. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    ?Where have you been, young lady?? Jedi Master Ruj demanded as Cali staggered into the apartment.

Cali glanced at him through heavy eyes. All she wanted to do was fall asleep and forget everything in just a few hours of bliss. ?The infirmary. No one told you?? //Please, just leave me be, Master// It struck her then that not only did she have to deal with being pregnant and Obi-Wan, but she had to somehow keep this information from Ruj. Would he notice somehow the change in her? Would he realize that something wasn?t right? Was there a way that Jedi could tell just by looking at someone that they were pregnant?

?Yes, Master Jinn informed me. And Leona excused you from your classes and said you would be home. It?s nearly midnight, and I know patients aren?t released at midnight.?

?I?m sorry, Master, I lost track of the time.?

Ruj?s green eyes narrowed, but he said nothing more, just gestured to the stack of homework on the table. ?Your assignments are there. I suggest you get up early to finish them, but if you?re coming down with the flu again, perhaps you should stay home tomorrow and rest.? He ran a hand through his bright red hair. ?Your mentors are going to strangle me if you miss another day.?

Cali?s brow furrowed as she watched her Master. Ruj never babbled and he was direct. Was it possible that he suspected her? ?No, I?m fine, Master. I?ll go to all my classes tomorrow. Leona?s excused me from katas, though.?

?Yes, she just informed me. What was her diagnosis??

?It?ll wear off.? Cali couldn?t stay in the room any longer. She said a hasty goodnight and retreated to her room. Collapsing onto the bed, she stared up at the ceiling, suddenly wide-awake. Physically and mentally she was exhausted, but her heart refused to settle and her thoughts slugged through her drained mind. She dreaded the next day, and the day after that, and after that.

What was she going to do?

9. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Poor Cal. It's a tough spot to be in. The fear is just overwhelming. Hopefully a solution or a resolution will come soon. But not too soon! ;)

10. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Another good post. :)

11. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000
    "It'll wear off" ??? Uh...Cali? ;)

Great posts, can we expect some more? *grin*

aa :)

12. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Sure it'll wear off... in about eight months or so! ;)

It seems there's no end to the number of AU possibilities with this particular plotline... how many different takes have I seen Ami do on it? lol.

Well-written, as always. You do a good job of fleshing out Cali's thoughts about the whole situation.

13. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    The "it'll wear off" is one of those 'certain point of view' things . . . :p Tho, I don't think Obi-Wan will appreciate this one quite so much! [face_mischief]

Hmm, to post or not to post? [face_devil] The next features . . . Obi-Wan!

*evil cackle*

14. Jedi Kylenn

Jul 2, 1999
    Post or not to post?

After some meditation the answer is quite clear: POST!!

:D

15. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    K, this is the LAST ONE for tonight! I spoiled you too much!

Chapter Two

She didn?t want to get up, didn?t want to open her eyes, didn?t want to acknowledge that morning had come and nothing had changed. With her eyes closed, she could almost pretend and wish that the previous day had been some awful nightmare, but her logical side knew that to be hopeless. She was here at the Temple and pregnant with a Jedi?s child.

The morning wasn?t any different any previous mornings. Ruj was awake and pattering around the apartment, already finished with his morning meditation and probably ready to wake her up at any moment with a cheerful bellow. The shower would be free and she would take about ten minutes, grab a roll, her books, and meet with her friends in the common hall before classes began at an ungodly hour.

It was pure habit that dragged her from the warm bed and into the shower. She felt disembodied as her physical self went through the daily ritual, even managing to give Ruj a listless greeting. The Jedi Master was his chipper self as she grabbed her texts and bag, pulling on a boot while trying to swallow a roll.

?Have a good day, Cali-Ana!?

?Yahmmm,? she replied, giving him a little wave as the door slid shut.

It was like a bad holo film, she thought as she walked numbly through the halls. Every few doors down, a Padawan or Knight would emerge, the former usually looking bed-ragged and oblivious to his or her environment. Cali would nod or wave to someone she knew, but she didn?t offer them anymore of a greeting. Luckily, the mornings were generally quiet in the Temple and no one was eager to attack her with questions.

Except for Sifa of course. ?Cali!? the Padawan squealed, disrupting the tranquil march down the hall. The athletic figure hurried towards her, narrowly dodging a rather bemused Knight. ?What happened? Why weren?t you any classes??

The first question from a peer. Cali had tried to prepare for it, tried to know what to say, but the moment had come and her tongue was swollen and useless.

?Oh, Obi-Wan looked so horrible! He wouldn?t stop mourning and pining and he wouldn?t eat his food! He *never* passes up a chance to eat!? Sifa grabbed Cali?s elbow and hurried her down the hall. ?Meri was going to *kill* him, I swear it! Garen and Ane were nice about it, though, and it?s really too bad you weren?t around at lunch to see what Demma and Reeft did! It was SO hilarious! Obi-Wan was still in the infirmary, so he missed it, too, but it was SO funny!?

Cali waited for Sifa to explain, but there was no narrative other than it being rather amusing. Still, she let the girl babble on relentlessly, silently thanking the Force that she wouldn?t have to explain herself.

The common hall was fairly occupied when they arrived. Cali felt unusually self-conscious amongst so many Jedi. *Was* there a way that they would know? Would they know that Obi-Wan was part of it? Would they shun him or accuse him, too?

So lost in her worries was she that she didn?t notice when Obi-Wan entered the hall, eyes swiftly sweeping the crowd and spotting her immediately. Not until he rushed over and threw his arms around her. ?Gods, are you all right?? he asked in a breathless tone. ?No one is telling me anything!?

If the shock of hearing Leona?s news had caused Cali to nearly vomit, seeing Obi-Wan?s loving concern and fretting was going to keel her over. It was suddenly very hard for her to breath as she looked up in his eyes and felt his hands on her shoulders. The sound of the chatting teenagers was a dull roar in her ears, and everything seemed to blur as she stared, speechless.

// . . . .//

?Cali?? Obi-Wan could read nothing in Cali?s eyes but fright. He hadn?t meant to startle her, but he didn?t think that a hug could send her into such a state. ?What?s wrong?? he whispered, dismayed when his own voice trembled. ?What did Leona say??

?I . . . I need to sit,? Cali managed to say. The room tipped dangerously as he led her to the wall, gently holding o

16. MasterJenn

MasterJenn Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2001
    WOW--I come home from school and there are 4 new posts!! Thank you Ami :D

What a roller coaster of emotions you put us through...fear, protectiveness, worry...and then there was Sifa...I love her

17. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Poor Obi-Wan!
    He's going to be rather blown away by the news.....
    Wonderful posts tonight Ami! Thanks so much!

18. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Oh man...poor Cali, poor Obi! Yeah, there certainly is some 'living force' between them :D Poor things...that was a wonderful post, ami!

aa :)

19. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    =*=*=*=*=
    *=*=*=*=*

While she had hoped that her desperate need for a distraction would provide an unusual enthusiasm for her classes, Cali found herself unable to concentrate. It was that look in Obi-Wan?s eyes when she had brushed him off this morning. It was a combination of worry and hurt, and both signified a rather brutal solution in the Padawan. After all they had been through, he wouldn?t expect her to withhold her feelings or secrets from him. It wasn?t as if it was a demand that they confess everything, but it had become an understanding. It had been almost frightening at first, at least until she realized that nothing could turn him away, and then it had become a healing process.

But how could she tell him this? Her secret would hurt him, she could already see it, but wouldn?t knowledge of her pregnancy hurt him all the more? She was a danger to him now. She knew him, knew he would love her and support her even now, but what about his relationship with Qui-Gon, what about the Order?becoming a Jedi Knight? What about someday training his own apprentice?

Obi-Wan had eagerly discussed his ambitions and hope during one of their many cuddling sessions. She had felt a sense of almost pride well in her, especially after learning what her love had to go through to become a Padawan to the foreboding Qui-Gon Jinn. She would be a horrible person to shatter his life now.

If he was hurt by her secret, then maybe he would leave her. Then she wouldn?t have to worry of ruining his life with hers. That thought sent a piercing stab through her heart, but she swallowed it.

It struck her then that she hadn?t thought beyond each day at the Temple, hadn?t truly realized that when the term was up that she?d have to leave everyone and Obi-Wan behind. This was even before all that had transpired yesterday. How could she have been so stupid to believe that this utopia she?d found would last? Happiness was meant to be blackened with grief, as she had learned in her mere sixteen years.

By the time she reached the archives during katas, Cali wondered how many teachers she had unconsciously ignored. Everything was like a daze, yet utterly clear and perceptive. It was if she were invisible or deaf and acutely aware of everything around her, but given the opportunity to ignore it. Could she become deaf again?

She shivered as she dropped her bag onto a terminal. It had been a frightening yet claming experience, though she loathed to try it again. What would have happened to her if Obi-Wan hadn?t been there?

Cali was so deep in her studies that she was startled by the soft chiming of the hour bell. Lunch was next and she figured that she could also skip that and continue with her research. Despite her mind?s resolute demand for more, her stomach gurgled and she knew she was famished.

//I have to eat properly, even if it isn?t for two yet// she thought glumly. //But I don?t feel hungry even though I know I am// Some of Leona?s texts had mentioned that one may feel a loss of appetite within the first few weeks. It was a sign of being pregnant, something about hormonal and chemical balance changes. But to Cali, it was only the worry that nauseated her and kept her from joining others in the cafeteria.

She also knew that she was avoiding Obi-Wan.

?How can I do this to someone that I love so much?? Cali asked herself, putting her head in her hands.

?Do what??

Cali squeaked and whipped her head around, staring at Obi-Wan in utter horror. He was frowning at her in concern, his arms laden with two trays that were heaped with food. It was the second time that he had sneaked up on her like this, and she felt resentment spring from this. ?Please don?t do that,? she whispered, dismayed as her voice trembled. //Don?t you dare cry!//

Obi-Wan?s face pinched as he sat the two trays down on the table next to the terminal. He could not see the screen since Cali blocked his view. ?Do what??

?Startle me like that!? Anger bit in her voice, causing Cali to drop her eyes to the fl

20. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Poor obi-wan....he's just so clueless it's.....well, it's almost painful. I feel like I'm watching a horror film where you scream at the screen, "Don't go outside! The killer's right there, you dumb 'can't act for my life' blonde!!!"

In Obi's case, I'm yelling, "No! That's not it! Keep trying to talk to her!!"

21. Jedi Kylenn

Jul 2, 1999
    Oh Cali, you HAVE to tell him! He's responsible for this too!

22. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Just found this thread and I've got to say WOW!

You're really suffering from a plot bunny infestation! I don't know how you do it but I love that you do.

This is a fabulous story and I look forward to seeing where one goes.

Post often, post soon.

23. MasterJenn

MasterJenn Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2001
    Hmm, I don't know who to be more sorry for,

Cali for having to keep something from Obi...

or Obi for knowing something is wrong, but not being able to know what...

Great Job! Please post soon

24. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I bought Trainspotting this afternoon without having seen it before. It was . . . interesting. [face_plain] But there was some stuff I liked about, and once you get past the first 45 minutes of it, it isn't quite as um, questionable as the first 45. ;)

Moral of the story: don't do heroin.

Anyway. I think that movie put my head on a spin, cuz I was writing the first post in chapter three (a few posts off from what's posted) and it's just not going right :(

oooh, but I did get the next JA today! :D I always hate going to by those lil books cuz you feel like an idiot buying a children's book. But they're really good! [face_blush]

25. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Wonderful as usual, Ami. Do I really need to say anything more? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.