main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"The Consequence of Love" a USJS AU of Cali & Obi

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Mar 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Okay?! It was fantabulous and you MUST POST MORE!

aa :)

2. Ewan-Kenobi

Ewan-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 21, 2000
    That was wonderful! :)

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ok?? OK???

I'm now having trouble breathing..

Hmm, well, this just didn't seem to come out as gripping and torterous as I'd first imagined in my mind months ago But here it is.

That was absolutely brilliant Amidolee. I want to say so much more... but words fail me...

4. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    Wow...

That was great, Ami! More soon, please!

5. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    More tomorrow, alright?

I've just finished writing another monster post for WDL. There's just so much I want to get crammed into those posts. Haven't even got started on Leia's plight, nor Luke's stuff, lightly touched on Mara . . . oiy!

You had 2 today. So think yourselves special or something :p

6. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :_| :_| :_|

Obi-Wan!!! :mad: You're a fool!!! :mad: She doesn't even want you anymore!!!!

As for "Moulin Rouge", a word of warning...the first half hour is seriously whacked. If you can survive that it gets more tolerable! (It grows on you.) If not for Ewan, I don't think I could have lasted through it. It was a bit too bizzarr for my tastes! He was definitely the highlight for me! He's an amazingly good singer!

7. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    The only bizarre stuff was when he's introduced to the Moulin Rouge, and it's his confusion. Otherwise it wasn't really "bizarre", at least not to me. :p

It was Spectacular Spectacular!!! :D

8. Ewan-Kenobi

Oct 21, 2000
    Pun intended. ;) :p

Can't wait for more.

I love the AU of him cutting his braid off.

It was suppose to be weird at the begining.
    But I did want it to get more calm at first.

9. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Wonderful posts. :)

10. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    K, I'm awake now [face_plain] Not that I'm happy about it or anything. Let get woken up and coherent, then I'll write y'all something.

11. Ewan-Kenobi

Oct 21, 2000
    *curls up in the corner for a nap*

12. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Chapter Sixteen

What was wrong with him? He needed to pull himself together. He was just overreacting to a fear. Obi-Wan hadn?t really left, he?d just stepped out. Probably to walk in the gardens to find serenity and peace with himself. Yes, that was it!

Qui-Gon suddenly laughed, feeling relief drain his body of blood. Sink gratefully back on to the bed, he wiped his wet eyes and shook his head ruefully. What an imagination he had! To think that after all of this time that Obi-Wan would leave him for a mere girl. It was ludicrous!

Qui-Gon laughed again, but this time the smile died on his lips and another sick bout of nausea washed over him.

Quickly, he was on his feet, grabbing his robe and pulling it on as his long stride swept him into Obi-Wan?s empty room. He flicked on the lights and observed the tidy chamber. Only now it wasn?t quite so neat. The bed wasn?t made, nor had it been slept in. That was understandable as Obi-Wan had just went off to the gardens, but as his eyes drifted to the small dresser, his heart plummeted to his feet. The drawers were left open and empty.

The travel satchel was gone.

The rock and the lightsaber were missing as well.

Qui-Gon spun around, his robe billowing like a live animal behind him. He marched into the kitchen, expecting to see food missing as well, but what he saw tore a strangled cry from his throat and nearly brought him to his knees. Taking a deep breath, he gripped the back of the chair and stared dumbly at the stone, lightsaber, and tear-stained note staring back at him.

?No,? Qui-Gon breathed. ?No!?

His large fingers caressed the curved surface of the stone. No ribbons jumped up to dance with fingertips, but the stone stayed black and cold. Getting a firm grip of his emotions, he moved his trembling hand to the note, lifting it up before his face to read but unable to register the message for several long moments.

Qui-Gon,

I don?t want to leave you or the Jedi, but I have no choice.
    My responsibilities go beyond my training or duty. I just wish
    I?d thought more about being a Jedi. This wouldn?t have
    happened then.

I thought of you as a father, and still do. There is someone I
    must take care of, and I hope you will too. Thank you for being
    a father, Master, and friend.

Obi-Wan

Perhaps his eyes had been too blurry before, or his mind had decided to blind him of the object to save his stressed heart, but it was then that Qui-Gon saw the braid.

Obi-Wan?s Padawan braid.

The note crumpled in his hand. A clenched fist slammed down onto the table, placing a dent in the smooth surface. Qui-Gon stared at the braid, disbelieving as pain renewed cut through him like a lightsaber blade. Furiously, he unfolded the note again, rereading it with false hope that there was some sort of explanation for the braid draped over the lightsaber. Obi-Wan?s. Obi-Wan! No. No! NO!!!

He slammed both fists into the table this time. For several minutes he simply pounded his hands into the table until his hands hurt. Then with a sob, he folded his arms and buried his head, findings the braid woven through his fingers, soaked from his tears. Twisting through the coppery fiber were strands of Qui-Gon?s own dark graying hair, uniting Master and apprentice. Qui-Gon wiped furiously at his eyes, staring intently at the all-too-familiar cord with threads of green, red, and blue tied at regular intervals, marking his growth. Secured in one loop towards the bottom was a small bead of an intense blue: Cali-Ana?s bead that Obi-Wan had kept.

Qui-Gon?s breath caught as he saw his own hair intact. There was a moment of fascination that brought him bright hope: the stone was silent because Obi-Wan had detached himself from it, but wouldn?t Qui-Gon?s hair have disappeared or burned or become something awful under the same effect?

Then his heart sank. It was a foolish idea. A mere fantasy to comfort himself for a moment more.

Then his eyes fell to the dents in the table. Sensibility began to slo

13. starwarsfan1000

Aug 21, 2000
    Great post. :)

14. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Thanks.

15. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Poor Qui! Ami, you torture him so! ;) Obi-Dearest MUST come back, or I'll...I'll... kick him! (*then kiss it better ;))

16. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    From Obi-torture to Qui-torture...does it ever end? Let's hope not! :)

17. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Sniff...oh man...at least Qui has Kit there, that might help some. :_| Oh the part when he found the braid was so heart-wrenching! This keeps getting better by the minute, please POST MORE!

18. Ewan-Kenobi

Oct 21, 2000
    lol

GREAT POST! This is getting good!

19. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I've got a post ready for tomorrow. I start working, so posts will come early in the day or at night.

20. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Poor Qui-Gon!!!! :_| :_| :_| :_|

21. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    =*=*=*=*=
    *=*=*=*=*

Steam and mist mingled in the gray dawn of the morning as Obi-Wan walked slowly through the mid-lower levels of Coruscant, surrounded by the homeless, the hung-over, and the lost. He did not feel as if he was truly a part of the misery, but for the moment it suited him.

Obi-Wan was in a limbo. No caring, no real feeling, just a simple sub-existence. When he?d come out of the darkness and found himself in Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn?s apartment in the Jedi Temple, it?d been like being reborn without a soul. He?d watched himself rise to his feet, pick up the satchel, and walk out the door. He?d gone through the familiar, memorized halls of the Temple like a stranger. He?d wandered out onto the streets and walked, and walked, and walked until the morning skies began to crawl across the vast sky of Coruscant.

He would hail a taxi soon and then find Cali, but not yet. Just not right now. He was a boy with no identity, no purpose, no home, and he simply wanted to be a soulless stranger for a few more hours. If he was soulless and a stranger to life and feeling, he would not be sad or in pain, nor would he hunger or thirst. He would simply just be.

But as gold light began to bounce off the stone and metal around him, the cold, heartless wanderer began to thaw into a lost, devastated boy. People bumped against him, but it was becoming harder not to acknowledge their presence, and each jolt shook more pain inside him.

Obi-Wan found a secluded ally and dashed into the darkness. Pressing himself against cold stone, he began to sob as the shock wore off.

Before he realized what he was doing, he?d drawn the Force around him like a warm, comforting blanket. He let the warmth soothe his chilled bones and melt the sharp icicles inside his stomach. Heavy eyelids began to drift shut, and by instinct, he reached out through his bond for Qui-Gon?

A ragged, shrill scream startled him. Leaping to his feet and reaching for his lightsaber, he found no weapon and realized it was him who had screamed.

?Stupid!? Obi-Wan shouted at himself. ?Stupid! You can?t do that anymore! I can?t do it anymore!?

His voice dropped to a hoarse whisper as he pressed his forehead against the stone, letting the hot tears cascade down his face. ?I can?t do it anymore. I can?t do anything anymore. I?m so stupid . . . so stupid!?

By the time his eyes had shed every last tear, it was late morning. Numb and exhausted, Obi-Wan dragged himself out of the alley. He walked another few megablocks, unable to completely fall back in limbo, but able to keep his mind from thinking. When he consciously acknowledged his protesting body, he hailed a taxi and silently gave the pilot Cali?s address card.

Then he sat back and watched the skyscrapers fall back. His eyes roamed the skyline, searching for something, blind to anything but what he sought desperately for. Not until he set eyes on the distant Jedi Temple did he realize what that search was for. Turning swollen eyes away, he fell asleep and let the pilot take him farther and farther away from the life he had once known.

=*=*=*=*=
    *=*=*=*=*

22. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Gee Amidolee, that was quite heartbreaking. Both Qui-gon's discovery of the note, lightsaber and braid and Obi-Wan's breakdown in the alley!!!

Great posts!!!!

23. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000
    Good grief...you really do enjoy making us weep :_| That was so heartbreaking, watching him reach along the bond for Qui-Gon. sigh.

24. starwarsfan1000

Aug 21, 2000
    Good post. :)

Obi's feeling exactly as Cali said he would if he left, like he's lost. IMO.

25. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Ohhh...incredibly sad post, Amidolee!
    That was just heartwrenching!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.