main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"The Consequence of Love" a USJS AU of Cali & Obi

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Mar 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    *sniff* Poor Obi-Darling! Like Lina said, that was just heartbreaking. :( And what a way to end it, reader torture. Hmph! ;) I am eagerly awaiting the next post!

2. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    I am to torture [face_devil]

3. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    Why do I get a bad feeling that Obi-Wan is going to find even more heartache? :(

I'm eager to see how you resolve this.

Great story!

4. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Here's a long post! Hope it satisfies you for the day while I'm off being tortured by little kids. I swear all of them are Taesara Kenobi times 32!

"Emily, Dillian's saying 'duh!"
    "Dillian, don't say duh. Only people who only have the intelligence to grunt say 'duh'."
    "Emileeeeeeeee! He's doing it again!"
    "Dillian, are you an ape?"
    "Yes!"
    "Fine. We'll put you in a separate room. We don't have any apes here, so you'll have to be by yourself for 5 hours."
    "Duh!"

:eek:

=*=*=*=*=
    *=*=*=*=*

When Cali-Ana awoke that morning, she knew immediately she was in for a rough day. Being pregnant had sent her body into a constant complaint, and pulling herself out of bed in the mornings was perhaps the worse part of her day before she had to lower herself back down and rest her swollen feet.

This morning seemed especially bad. She would have liked to roll over on her stomach and bury her face in her pillow, but she hadn?t been able to do that for a few months now. So, she was left to glaring at the ceiling while she half-heartedly tried to persuade her body that it wanted to be lifted off the soft bed and coax a small girl into the tub before her parents picked her up.

Groaning loudly, Cali pushed herself off the bed and sat on the edge, glaring at her feet and pulling her robe around her nightgown. I feel so ugly. She stared at her massive stomach. I look ugly. She rose carefully to her feet and then shook her long hair out. Perhaps she could grab the shower before anyone else.

Padding as quietly as she could down the hallway between the bedrooms, Cali found the apartment to still be quiet and asleep. Smiling slightly at her small victory, she snagged the refresher and prepared for a refreshing splash. Unfortunately, her body was protesting too much to truly enjoy the warm water. Her back hurt, her feet hurt, her neck hurt, her breasts ached, even her hair seemed to be in pain.

Sighing as she stepped out of the shower, she looked down at her womb. ?You better be worth this, Mister,? she scolded, patting the mound fondly. As if in response, he gave a firm kick. ?Okay, okay, I?ll get dried off and have some breakfast. Grouch!?

There were times when Cali was positive she could feel every movement inside of her, and others when it felt as if the baby was playing soccer with her kidneys. It looked to be one of those mornings.

When she emerged from the shower, hair pulled back away from her face and tied behind her shoulders, she found Jony and Yiona eating jelly rolls at the table. Red jelly smeared across the little girl?s face as she grinned widely. ??Morning, Cali!?

??Morning, Jony, Yiona,? Cali greeted, waddling eagerly to the food. Again, the baby kicked firmly. Patience, little one! She sat down beside Jony and placed three rolls on her plate, eyeing the remaining two on the center platter hungrily. ?Does anyone want the last two??

?Nope, they?re all yours, sweetie,? Yiona smiled, pushing the platter towards her.

?Thanks. I?ve got to keep my girlish figure, you know.?

Yiona laughed. ?Oh, I?ve got to run an errand for the office. I was supposed to get it off, but I swear they can?t run that place without me.?

?Of course not,? Cali grinned through a mouthful of bread and jam. ?Did Jamis come home??

?No. Called to say he was staying at Rina?s.? The tone and expression Yiona used clearly stated that she was not pleased with this. Cali suspected her aunt was worried about her son winding up with a child of his own. Still, Jamis was an adult and had to make his own decisions. Cali only wished she?d had someone to worry about whether or not she was doing the right thing.

?Can we play some games, Cali?? Jony asked eagerly. ?Or could you read to me? I like that book about the Jedi that Yiona was reading me last night! Can you finish it??

?We should play a game,? Cali said, feeling her appetite rapidly diminish.

?There isn?t much left in the story, Cali,? Yiona said. The elegant woman wiped her mouth and placed h

5. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
  6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    What a surprise for Cali! :)

That was great Amidolee! The warring of emotions on LCali's part to have Obi-Wan near her, holding her, kissing her and the her concern that he left the Order.

It's no surprise that she decides if he won't go to the Jedi then the Jedi must come to him.

I have no idea where you're going with this thread... where it'll end but I do so hope that it's a happy ending... somehow for all around.

7. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Oooo...awesome post, Ami :) That was intense! That was quite a surprise for her, especially having him come in and ask her that right off the bat! I can't wait to see which Jedi she runs into first. :eek:

aa :)

8. Senator Lorena

Feb 21, 2000
    Ditto what Healer_Leona said!

9. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    Yeah, what she said!

Great posts, Ami! Can't wait for more!

10. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Wonderful post. :)

11. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    AMIDOLEE RANT ALERT

K, I'm in the middle of writing the next post for WDL after work, and mom comes in saying she'll take me to see Moulin Rouge tonight. So we go 20 miles to the city that's showing it. Get there, eat, by our tickets and concessions, go into the theater. What happens? Oh, they moved the movie into #3 so the first two could have precious Pearl Harbor. #3 has been having technical difficulties all week, and so we sit there for 30 minutes watching picture come and having no sound. Finally, they decide to call the technician, Why didn't they do this before?????. So mom insisted we leave. :(

So we made a worthless 40 mile trip at $2/gal and wasted nearly 3 hours when I could have been writing!!!!!!!!!

12. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000
    Ouch...that has to suck. Sorry about your string of bad luck there. I know how you feel, since where I live, only 1 theatre is showing MR as well *grr* But they put stinky PH on 2 screens at the big theatre. [face_devil]

13. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Sorry to hear about your Moulin Rouge run around, Amidolee. :(

But great post! Poor everyone involved! I'm eager to see what Cali has planned.

14. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Me too! Go Cali! At least SHE knows what Obi-Darling needs to do! ;)

15. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    =*=*=*=*=
    *=*=*=*=*

Of course, a heroic plan has it drawbacks, Cali began to think as the cloud taxi took her closer and closer to the Jedi Temple. When she saw the golden splendor pierce through a wispy cloud, she sucked in a loud gasp and clenched her swollen belly. Despite what she might have told a curious observer, she wasn?t feeling fine. In fact, she felt very sick. Her distress seemed to transfer into the unborn child inside her, who was rolling and shifting constantly.

Just breathe slowly and it?ll be okay. In Lamaze she?d learned that when the mother was stressed it could often trigger reactions in the child. Stress had much to do with the infant, and they?d learned various techniques on how to relax the body. At the moment, she felt as if her stomach was beginning to compact and implode. Gripping the armrests on either side of her, Cali breathed slowly and deeply, her eyes riveted to the now very near Jedi Temple.

The odd sensation inside of her faded and she relaxed. Only for a moment. The taxi swooped down onto the Temple landing platform, causing her nerves to skyrocket with such a lurch she nearly lost her dinner.

?Ye gettin? off today, lass??

?Yeah . . . just give me a moment.? Cali took another deep breath as she fished through her purse for credits. ?Pregnant women tend to move slower,? she snapped at his impatient look. Shoving the credits into his hand, she stepped out onto the windy, chilly landing field. Pulling her jacket tight around her, she hurried into the haven of the hangar, eyes darting around for other Jedi. It appeared that it was a relatively calm, normal day for the Jedi.

It then occurred to Cali that perhaps she would standout a bit walking through the halls of tan, beige, and brown in her lavender, over-large tunic and protruding belly.

The hangar had a row of lockers towards the back wall, running adjacent to the Temple entrance. Cali knew that there would be discarded, smelly robes amongst the lot, and she quickly hurried over. The distinct stench of engine oil and other fumes made her nose smart, and she quickly placed her palm over her nose and mouth, trying to save her unborn child from the potential hazard.

These robes are a hazard. Cali would have gladly run naked down the mess hall than wear the rejected robe she now held in her outstretched, reluctant hands. But, unfortunately, she would not be running through the mess hall and this would simply have to do. Grimacing and trying not to blanch, she slipped her arms into the musty robe and pulled the hood over her. Within the robe, no one would be able to tell who or what she was, and hopefully they?d try to avoid her before she got too close.

Taking several deep breaths, Cali crossed the far corner of the hangar and stepped into the serenity of the Jedi Temple.

A distant bell chimed, signaling the end of a class. Cali knew that the classrooms were several levels down and that this was a new string of Padawans and not the ones she?d become friends with. The corridor she stood in was empty with a set of turbolifts at the very end. Cali quickly boarded and entered the residential level that Qui-Gon Jinn lived. It was the same level where she?d lived for the term, only a matter of doors down. By now it would be lunch, and hopefully no one would be in the residential wing.

The lift doors slid open and several young Padawans clambered in. Cali pressed herself against the wall and pulled the cowl of her hood further down. Several of the young teenagers stared openly at her while others did their best to appear nonchalant while whispering frantically to their friends. When the door opened again, they stepped out in a rush, their voices growing louder before the doors closed.

Cali began to feel dizzy and sick again. Her stomach was tightening and she fought to relax herself, but that simple made her ever more tense. When the doors opened, she was both relieved and sickened to find the residential level awaiting her. Walking uncomfortably, she followed t

16. Senator Lorena

Feb 21, 2000
    What is she going to tell him? Please don't make us wait too long!

17. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Damn, Qui-Gon was so typically father-like back there! So, Cali...tell him he's gonna be a grandpa already!

That was perfect! Her wearing the old robe and being brave with Qui-Gon!

18. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    Hehe, Ol' Jinny is going to fall over when he finds out that kid is Obi-Wan's. I *really* can't wait to read that post!

:D

19. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I am begging you to post the rest of this scene soon!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

20. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    Qui, quit being a butthead and listen to Cali!

21. MasterJenn

MasterJenn Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2001
    "Do you even know who did it?? I love the irony there! Poor Qui-Gon, if he only knew...
    More soon?

22. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Qui-Gon reacted how I thought he might, but that doesn't excuse him! Just wait till he knows it's Obi-Dearests >:)

23. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Great post. :)

24. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Well, I'd post more, but I just got home from work and am not feeling very good. I think it's the heat and that darned kid who was getting sick and insisted he sit on my lap.

I'll try in a bit, okay?

25. MasterJenn

MasterJenn Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2001
    Hope you feel better :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.